Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC in before of the hardfork  (Read 152 times)
ratiobitcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:44:31 PM

Do you think it is a good idea to buy BTC now (short before the Segwit2X fork) in terms of keeping the BTC and getting 1:1 B2X and make a profit out of the B2X gained "for free"?

aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:51:25 PM

The price of bitcoin always increases as soon as the fork could happen. When you just want to get the profit from the forked coin just be sure that you would send it to the proper wallet coz every fork varies on it's conditions. For btc, the price would be higher so when there is a dip a month before or weeks before the fork that time you should buy in because on that short period of time only you can catch get the dip.
cloud.runner

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:56:40 PM

it depends on the exchange, whether it supports the hard fork or not.
Oggy Pogi

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:58:45 PM

Do you think it is a good idea to buy BTC now (short before the Segwit2X fork) in terms of keeping the BTC and getting 1:1 B2X and make a profit out of the B2X gained "for free"?

Do you mean hardfork as dump of the Bitcoin's price, well if thats what you mean thats good I think, you can have a better amount of profit soon if you buy early as now cause nowadays Bitcoin is cheaper than it could but the upcoming years, we should act like we are running out of time cause the best thing is yet to come.

SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:06:36 PM

in general and even without a fork the bitcoin price atm is great to buy IMO , so for me it makes sense to buy more bitcoins today
you will benefit from the fork and from the price dip ( it was better few days ago but still good IMO )
just make sure to have the coins in your address withing the fork time , cause some exchanges may delay the withdrawal and maybe you won't be able to catch the fork
whaddyX1

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:08:26 PM

* please read below regarding fork scheduled at block 501451 today.

https://medium.com/@hackology/segwit2x-comes-back-as-scam2x-c1c71a91f1c9

https://medium.com/@nicolas.etienne368/fake-segwit2x-fork-by-jaap-turlouw-7d06e5703cba

https://github.com/SegwitB2X/bitcoin2x/commit/08220e2a3c8ba8f53801302a8b7b6d6da5a39645
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:08:34 PM

it depends on the exchange, whether it supports the hard fork or not.

Well Coinbase & Co will see customers moving elsewhere if they will not list a coins that is popular
as they try to kill segwit off in an effort to avoid having to share the bonus payment with clients who
have a BTC wallet with them and this is why we get so much propaganda about this fork

BTC miners with insane fees will crash the market and send the price down so this new fork tomorrow
is what you call a self inflicted wound if you ask me.

I will not be hold to ransom by these miners and mining is not my thing but even I will run a full
node for segwit if i can on just a I7 laptop so the BTC miners get payback for ripping me off.

Don't push me, I push back!

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
ratiobitcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:09:05 PM

to get a better understanding:
1) i will buy BTC at an exchange
2) transfer it to my software wallet
3) keep it there during the fork
4) what do i do then to get B2X?

Pages: [1]
  Print