Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 03:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGMiner, disable CPU? Help please!  (Read 1816 times)
ButterflyVip (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:58:03 PM

Hi all,
I'm trying to disable CPU mining on CGMiner and left only GPU mining on.

Can anyone help me? I can't found the parameter  Cry

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
ZirconiumX

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:13:08 PM

CGMiner is smart enough to not mine when GPUs are available, which is why it doesn't have one.

Are you sure you have the AMD OpenCL SDK (or whatever) correctly installed?

Matthew:out
ButterflyVip (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:30:32 PM

Thanks for the response sir.
When I start it, it mines using GPU but it uses also CPU...

See here:
http://puu.sh/3Qp21.PNG

Thanks.
Digi7ech

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

HBN <3

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:57:16 PM

Give some details.

GPU being used? Multiple?
Are you letting CGminer figure everything out or are you setting the variables in a batch file?

Hobo Nickel rocks!
HBN: ErCmri4PCGc1HAQtsufpWA7M1M9tjRdTb6
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:12:08 PM

yes iv always had this problem, cgminer uses 1 core at 100%
with ati i think it depends on driver version, with nvidia i have no choice but to use this
http://mion.faireal.net/BES/

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:13:54 PM

Does it do this all the time, consistently? Is there a severe overall system slow down?

Sometimes when I start cgminer, it chokes and my system grinds to an absolute halt. It takes what seems like minutes to switch windows (Windows 7). I've managed to resolve this by closing Firefox and anything else that uses GPU memory before starting it. That's my working theory: Cgminer needs more GPU memory than is free.

Since both the GPU and CPU are OpenCL devices, perhaps the OpenCL driver, for memory or whatever reason, decides to use the CPU.

I'm using a 6950 with only 1GB, which is a bit of an oddball. Most have more, so that my contribute to my problem. I have 8GB regular RAM with lots free, so that's not the problem.

Whatever the cause, killing Firefox and anything that uses a lot of video/graphics before starting CGMiner works. If there's something I can't close, I can switch to another user account (without logging off), let it finish starting the desktop, then log off that user and go back to my main account. If I start cgminer immediately, it runs normally.

There's a program called GPU Caps viewer from Geeks3D which can test OpenCL devices.
ButterflyVip (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:33:08 AM

Thanks to all!
So, what is the best GPU/CPU miner? CGMiner has got some special features, such as overclock, fanspeed, etc...
I'm looking also for something that is compatible with the most gpus and that supports the option to disable cpu mining.

Regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: