Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:39:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware problem  (Read 120 times)
chuck732 (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:49:15 PM

I have a hardware problem. I have a 8 card rig with 2 - power supplies. The cards are Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X. The power supplies are a Corsair AX 1200i and an old Antec Quattro 1000 which will only power 2 - cards. And I wanted to add another card. So I got a new Corsair HXi 1000 power supply and another Msi GTX 1070 Gaming  X. I added the card and replace the Antec power supply. I use a Dual Power Supply 24-Pin ATX Motherboard Adapter Cable. So I finished and booted the rig. Well it didn't go the way I wanted. It took several try's to get it to boot. Was happy got it booted. But about 30 minutes later it rebooted on it's own. It didn't boot just hung at a black screen. I powered in off then went trying to get it to boot again an did. But now every 30 to 60 minutes it reboots and hangs at a black screen. I cleared the CMOS but that did not help. So I thought maybe it was the Dual Power Supply 24-Pin ATX Motherboard Adapter Cable, so I unhooked it from the Corsair HXi. I tried the paper clip trick and the power supply was always on. But the rig still had the same problem of hanging at the black screen. Now here's the kicker. If I turn off the Corsair HXi 1000. Then try to boot it and it does and reboots once in a while own it's own. So I have a 9 card rig only running on 6 cards. Spec's below. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Intel G4400
MSI z170-G45
Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 3000 4gb
9 - Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X
Corsair HXi 1000
Corsair AX1200i
USB thumb drive with Simplemining OS
chuck732 (OP)

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:23:52 PM

no body?
thoerz18

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:13:54 PM

Hardware problems on the computer is an emerging problem to the computer system components that include CPU filling, ie motherboard, VGA card, CHIP Bios, RAM, sound card, processor, CD-RoM, power suppli & other components installed, screen, keyboard , mouse, & Parathetical Problems Paratet Port (LpT) Serial Port Game Port VGA Card USB Port - The screen displays disproportionate images. - The color is not match the original appearance. - Monitorber blinking. - CPU is off. - Sgrprter immediately hot & or hangs. - Slow computer performance
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:34:20 PM

Hardware problems on the computer is an emerging problem to the computer system components that include CPU filling, ie motherboard, VGA card, CHIP Bios, RAM, sound card, processor, CD-RoM, power suppli & other components installed, screen, keyboard , mouse, & Parathetical Problems Paratet Port (LpT) Serial Port Game Port VGA Card USB Port - The screen displays disproportionate images. - The color is not match the original appearance. - Monitorber blinking. - CPU is off. - Sgrprter immediately hot & or hangs. - Slow computer performance

So what is supposedly the problem? the whole computer system? lol Cheesy

I have a hardware problem. I have a 8 card rig with 2 - power supplies. The cards are Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X. The power supplies are a Corsair AX 1200i and an old Antec Quattro 1000 which will only power 2 - cards. And I wanted to add another card. So I got a new Corsair HXi 1000 power supply and another Msi GTX 1070 Gaming  X. I added the card and replace the Antec power supply. I use a Dual Power Supply 24-Pin ATX Motherboard Adapter Cable. So I finished and booted the rig. Well it didn't go the way I wanted. It took several try's to get it to boot. Was happy got it booted. But about 30 minutes later it rebooted on it's own. It didn't boot just hung at a black screen. I powered in off then went trying to get it to boot again an did. But now every 30 to 60 minutes it reboots and hangs at a black screen. I cleared the CMOS but that did not help. So I thought maybe it was the Dual Power Supply 24-Pin ATX Motherboard Adapter Cable, so I unhooked it from the Corsair HXi. I tried the paper clip trick and the power supply was always on. But the rig still had the same problem of hanging at the black screen. Now here's the kicker. If I turn off the Corsair HXi 1000. Then try to boot it and it does and reboots once in a while own it's own. So I have a 9 card rig only running on 6 cards. Spec's below. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Intel G4400
MSI z170-G45
Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 3000 4gb
9 - Msi GTX 1070 Gaming X
Corsair HXi 1000
Corsair AX1200i
USB thumb drive with Simplemining OS

Have you tried installing back your old antec PSU? powering the remaining cards? try to check and replace also your risers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: