Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:27:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is verge (XVG) a safe investment?  (Read 537 times)
JumboCactuar (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:39:54 PM

Ive seen threads this week with titles like "Sell XVG now"
Does XVG have a bright future or anything that could kill it off?
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 05:44:08 PM

No body can be sure of that but John McAfee tweeted about it recently. Plus there is always room for more or better Moneros.

cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:44:31 PM

I think it's pretty good investment. Verge is growing fast and seems to be trustworthy. I'd also recommend investing in Ripple and Cardano. They seem to me a better choice, but it's up to you anyway. Again Verge is a decent coin in my opinion.
JumboCactuar (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:46:10 PM

I have currently:
ETH
XRP
IOTA
XLM
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:01:19 PM

XVG is good for investment. I think hold XVG for long term provide you better returns as compare to XLM or IOTA
CryspRayz

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:04:50 PM

I don't see it going higher anu time soon because it skyrocketed last weeek. Maybe it will even fall a bit. But who knows. Now it's pretty high anyway even after the pump is over
liquidX3

Activity: 224
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:13:08 PM

Ive seen threads this week with titles like "Sell XVG now"
Does XVG have a bright future or anything that could kill it off?

I bought today XVG for 1050 satosh and will hodl. Perhaps i'm wrong but not now)

EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK   ■■■■■   EINC         
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now ▐||   ETHEREUM HOLDERS ((   CLAIM ETI    ))
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Medium   ▲   Reddit   ▲   ANN Thread
GambleTime

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:25:59 PM

All anonymous cryptocurrencies should be a good investment. You should study witchone is better or can let you make some money. Verge marketcap is already high. Sure it can grow...but after JMC tweet pump....now it depends from Wraith protocol release date and IF it will works or not. Since some days verge is going back down...so I dont know if it's the best investment you can do. Other anonymous crypto are Hush, Intense, Cloack. They could all give you good gain. Among anonymous the one I like and I prefer is DeepOnion. It still has a low marketcap....so it can grow fast and it's one of the best anonymous out there.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untranceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:31:13 PM

Verge had pumped in last few days just because of one tweet and there is no any other news or development update that can hold such huge surge. I am expecting more correction on price in terms of bitcoin and than long cold time for verge before it can make another bull run.

If I were you I won't invest in it at current pumped price, it is overvalued right now.

thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:47:46 PM

It already has risen so much, I don't see it going on another run like that for maybe another few months.
It had a really nice run early this summer followed by months of selling. I expect the same to happen now.
coolcountry

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:50:09 PM

I don't think John McAfee's tweet kicked off the bull run, because I still do not believe that McAfee holds that much power in the cryptocurrency environment. The price was pumped, sure, but it's coming back down right now, and I think we might soon have another run towards $.30.

Headachez

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:50:36 PM

XVG has been pretty wild lately, but I think its a very solid coin for the longterm. There's a great team behind Verge that are constantly working on improvements as well as promotion of it.
Ric8

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:08:28 PM

XVG are quite good coin, my opinion is :
for long term should be no problem and for short term quite risky because it was pump last few day ago, and my xvg portfolio increase from $100 to $3000-$4000 about 30-40x when at the higher price. Please do not buy at higher price it will do a correction, buy at the low price and ROI come back faster. All the best XVG  Smiley Smiley Smiley
patispace

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:22:23 PM

Actually, Verge does not seem like a bad coin, but it does not seem so extraordinary to me as many people want to make it look like. Maybe there are some thirty altcoins better than Verge, but I would not rule it out as a modest option to invest in the long term, although in this market it is difficult to speak of "safe investments" given the volatile and manipulable nature of a market that is only in its initial phases of development.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:34:50 PM

It's a decent coin, yes, but it's way overpriced:

Because it was just pumped by McAfee and others.

A coin's price was around $0.20 yesterday, meaning $898,560 worth of coins were being mined every day.

Which means that price is not sustainable because the coin's market is much smaller than to be able to soak $900k each day long term. This coin is massively overpriced right now and while it might go higher, long term it will go down.
And the block halving is still roughly ~130 days away.

If you list coins by circulating supply on coinmarketcap, you can see that Verge is the 9th coin with the biggest supply. 14,392,106,994 XVG. That is a shitton of coins. Each valued at $0.20 is not realistic for a coin this size.

Also, TOR "anonimity" is nothing new but many newbies think it's some bleeding edge tech. For example Joincoin's first block was mined in 2014-08-11 and I believe it had built in TOR "anonimity" from the start.

The Wraith protocol also doesn't sound like anything new but we'll see.

Not your keys, not your coins!
geo43

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

XVG price has been pretty volatile and they're new. There are probably safer bets out their like XRP or ETH.
TrentD_TFN

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 07:37:24 PM

I definitely now see it more as a long term hold ever since the recent pump. I think the returns will be pretty decent overall.
Yana_M1

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:24:00 PM

I think Verge has fiture. And you should hodl it. It has it's own blockchain at least(not erc20 token).
Qrivium

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:28:20 PM

Seems to pump and dump a lot.   I was going to buy but too much pumping and dumping
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:31:01 PM

There has been a lot of fuss over it recently I think possibly triggered by John Mcafee and his tweeting, this is not to say XVG is no good.  I think it is as safe an investment as many other coins and I think the attention now is deserved.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: