Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is verge (XVG) a safe investment?  (Read 536 times)
bitman05

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:55:33 AM

It's a decent coin, yes, but it's way overpriced:

Because it was just pumped by McAfee and others.

A coin's price was around $0.20 yesterday, meaning $898,560 worth of coins were being mined every day.

Which means that price is not sustainable because the coin's market is much smaller than to be able to soak $900k each day long term. This coin is massively overpriced right now and while it might go higher, long term it will go down.
And the block halving is still roughly ~130 days away.

If you list coins by circulating supply on coinmarketcap, you can see that Verge is the 9th coin with the biggest supply. 14,392,106,994 XVG. That is a shitton of coins. Each valued at $0.20 is not realistic for a coin this size.

Also, TOR "anonimity" is nothing new but many newbies think it's some bleeding edge tech. For example Joincoin's first block was mined in 2014-08-11 and I believe it had built in TOR "anonimity" from the start.

The Wraith protocol also doesn't sound like anything new but we'll see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:02:43 AM

No, it is not a safe investment. Buy it at a very low price and sell it after a pump. Look at the price pattern of XVG and you will know how it moves.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:03:54 AM

To be honest, I don't think that every alternate cryptocurrency is safe for investing. You should invest at your own risk. As what Robert Kiyosaki, the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, says that avoiding risk is not the best decision you have if you want to prosper later on.

Everything in life has a risk, and it's totally up to you if you want to manage risks. As for Verge, I think there's a lot of promise for this cryptocurrency. However, there are no guarantees for this.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:12:59 AM

sure it is, there always an oportunity to make profit. its better to invest in Verge than another new coin or even invest to scam ICO. ICO is nice thing as long you invest in the right project who developed by great and trusted developer
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:18:55 AM

It's a difficult question to answer. Trust me, everyone investing in it would tell you it's the best out there.

And if you see any negative review, most likely they are not convinced in the project or they missed the bus.

To my final answer, I'd put my money on it for short to mid term.

If it does well (10x minimum), I'd cash out and move on.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:34:02 AM

xvg is a high risk investment with potential extreme profits

Now is the right time to place your bets.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:38:36 AM

There are a lot of news and rumors around this coin, so people paid attention to it. I think this is one of the most interesting projects, which in 2018 may become even more popular. But there is a risk that the pump&dump McAfee could play a bad joke with it in the future...

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:56:32 AM

Nothing is safe in crypto market but for sure Verge is high risk high return.You have seen verge was trading at 0.01$ on 10th December and in just 15 days its made new high of 0.22$ and now its trading on 0.13$, mean its rose more than 20x in just 15 days. And its fallen because of hardfork for BTC ob 28th December.It will again touch 0.25$ in next 1-2 months.

BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:07:31 AM

Ive seen threads this week with titles like "Sell XVG now"
Does XVG have a bright future or anything that could kill it off?
i think its a good investment it have some active community and developer
it have just have some high supply before but in the future if it get more holder price will also rise and become stable

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
google98

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:46:20 PM

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a secure investment. There is a risk that is worth taking and one that is not worth it.

So, i think this project is one of the most active communities, a strong development team that regularly releases new useful functions.
   There are no commissions for transfers, or they are minimal (depends on the network load). Possibility to use 5 different algorithms for coin mining (Scrypt, x17, groestl, blake2s, lyra2rev2), and the reward depends on the total number of generated blocks. Thanks to modern encryption technologies, it differs favorably from other analogues with a high level of confidentiality.
 Instant transactions (the "simple payment verification", also called SPV, reduces the time per transaction to five seconds); operations are quick and easy.
   On the technical side, Verge has a huge potential - high security of user data, which creates demand for digital currency. After all the more statements about regulation and control from the world governments we hear, the more people will be interested in such decisions (this is a natural fact).

If you think that this is a regular pump & dump - you are seriously mistaken. The end of 2017 was marked by the growing popularity of small but profitable crypto-currencies for the shadow market. XVG just confirms this trend.

I think that risk is worth it.

last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:51:33 PM

Ive seen threads this week with titles like "Sell XVG now"
Does XVG have a bright future or anything that could kill it off?

Verge maybe is not a scammy project but this price have the features of artificial pumping and I don’t advise anybody to invest significant amounts of money in this currency.

I lost also a lot money with this guys because I deposit coins in summer to online walllet from official website that then it just dissapeared!!!
This wallet: http://verge-wallet.xyz
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:56:24 PM

If I was you I will stay away from VERGE XVG for a while, this coin had mass hype and was blasted all around places with "buy" but right now price is dropping. Better buy on DIP or when crash and start increasing value again. Make sure to do home work and find out more information about project, I read few things but is not on my investing list so I won't say anything I am not sure.
nesso

Activity: 629
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:55:36 PM

i think it is not a safe investment at all. we can see a big dump. it has risen very fast and can experience very fast declines.
i stay away because it is so risky Smiley
MakersONE

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:01:41 PM

Throughout the whole pampa did not believe in further growth and in vain. I bought and sold a coin with a difference of about 50 - 100 satoshi. Although I could earn some money. Having played, now was left with the tokens, bought for 1800, because it was a pity to sell in a minus. Something tells me that soon will be the 2nd wave of coin growth. At least I hope so  Cheesy
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:02:48 PM

In crypto there is no safe investment even you buy bitcoin doesn't mean you are safe from the risk remember price might fall after you buy it.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

woolm110

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:02:55 PM

I bought in but think I bought in far too late, its since dropped a fair bit.. I'll do what I always do though and just hodl!
Mogsie

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:29:45 AM

I am doing a Glen Hoddle with XVG. I have a chunk of portfolio that was always a long-term hold and a chunk of ETH to mess around with buying and selling Alt's.
There is nothing to persuade me to buy extra xvg, likewise, no panic for dump a large number.

I am currently looking at buying in to a Pre-sale, just gotta read the white paper.

Hot potato's aren't cold
worldtraveller321

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:33:01 AM

if you read about Verge it is a good technology and with other coins, really fast. it will have it ups and downs. in crypto world nothing is safe. yes sure verge got some bad press lately. and value went down due to panic selling.
but  keep in mind you never know, might be good as a long term for those no afraid of sudden up and downs.
lets see where this goes and I suggest you all to buy in.

worldtraveller
Jamesbob16

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:44:58 AM

Oh. I just bought some Verge Yesterday , And today after seeing all comments , i am going to sell VERGE now. Because i want to live in safe Zone. Thnk You Everyone.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:06:28 AM

It seems pretty good as a privacy coin and I think the price will dip soon. Best time to buy some up then. Definitely a long term hodl.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: