Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:46:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptank.com - I need some feedback  (Read 595 times)
coinerd (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:10:54 PM

So a couple of months ago I built http://cryptank.com/ .

I haven't really been promoting either aspect of the site, but it's been out there running and seems to be doing OK.

I'd like to ask a couple of people to take a look around and tell me what you think about it. At the moment it needs some cleanup, at least one listed pair has dropped from cryptsy and I haven't explored the new Vircurex API that was supposed to be released this month as I've been busy with other things.

If there is interest in a site like this I'll clean it up and develop it further.

Creating an account is simple and does not require an e-mail or any identifying info at this time.  The additional benefits of the account are tht it allows you to use the chat (no big deal while the site is dead) and also to use a feature called "My Tank" where you can quickly specify up to 20 markets from different exchanges for overview on the same page.

The site also offers an image-based ticker API.  I'm not sure if there really isn't any interest in this as a service, or I've just failed to explain it properly.  I'll explain it a little in a second post.

Needed to bring the site "up to date":

remove any dropped pairs form the current list of markets
update vircurex API (possibly)
add new feeds from crypto-trade and coins-e (at least)

Ideas for expanding the site:

Charts.  I need funding to add charts, whether that comes in the form of donations, partnership, or Huh  The site will need a much larger database capability just to move in this direction.

Exchange independent notifications.  If I can get the site to a "real" server (it's on GoDaddy shared hosting) I can add not only charts but e-mail notifications on market changes.

I've also considered adding a section that consolidates information about all known alt coins, and a news feed or blog, if I could find someone interested in writing for the platform.

Huh I'm very open to suggestions that would make this a useful (and thus used) web site.
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:17:28 PM

As regards the image ticker API:

This API is a simple GET API which provides the requested ticker information in an image format.  The site data is updated every 60 seconds, so the images themselves are not static but update with the site.

Why is this useful for you?  IT allows you to embed current pricing information almost anywhere you want it.  Some of you may have seen our images in forum posts before, here is an example use:

Cryptsy LTC/BTC current pricing:

Since you can use img tags everywhere, this provides a great deal of flexibility for creating web pages, e-mails, and other items with embedded ticker displays or pricing information.

And you can do it with absolutely no PHP/Javascript/API code. A properly composed GET URL is all you need.

The images are highly configurable, offering you control over size, foreground and background colors, and currently over 30 different display fonts.  There's also the option to remove the pair name from the image, if you are using them in a table or other chart-type layout.

Detailed API documentation is available here:

http://cryptank.com/ticker/
shantee

Activity: 381
Merit: 274

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:36:21 PM

I think you should improve the design . Especially the logo !

10 Great Bitcoin & Litecoin related domain name on sale ! | MY ltc adress : LdCEBkFWAoXNcXXgvJ2zGRk35ircZouUx8
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:49:59 PM

I think you should improve the design . Especially the logo !

Smiley

I've tried a couple of things regarding a logo, graphic design is definitely not my strongest skill.

If you have suggestions regarding layout or usability of the views I'd be happy to hear them, either in this thread or in PM.

Thanks for taking the time to look, for sure.
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:16:39 AM

Your Service could be useful, i^m searching for a simple text Ticker for one or more Trade Pairs,
myself is struggling with cryptsy api,
i would like to get the Sell Price from Cryptsy or elsewhere, so that i can pass that Value to my order.php

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:21:39 AM

This is an interesting site. Yes having the information readily available of recent trades of ALL (for example LTC/BTC) trades done recently on all known exchanges.

Pretty cool site indeed. Watching.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:54:24 AM

That get an image by url feature is really quite cool!

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: