Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Bitcoin Miner?  (Read 5117 times)
Chizbang (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:33:02 PM

Thinking of buying one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Bitcoi...item2c7135da94
Is it worth it? According to a bitcoin mining calculator that would get me ฿0.45 every month. I personally would be happy about it earning ฿0.45 a month but im worried about how long it will stay at earning ฿0.45 a month. I know the BTC value rises and falls but im talking about the difficultly level?
Any ideas?
Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:58:31 PM

Thinking of buying one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Bitcoi...item2c7135da94
Is it worth it? According to a bitcoin mining calculator that would get me ฿0.45 every month. I personally would be happy about it earning ฿0.45 a month but im worried about how long it will stay at earning ฿0.45 a month. I know the BTC value rises and falls but im talking about the difficultly level?
Any ideas?
Thanks!

it seems to have disappeared.
snuff

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:20:05 AM

How about this one, it's only .45 BTC to start with.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263587.0
n4ru

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:59:23 AM

USB Erupters will never give you a 100% ROI unless you get them under 0.25BTC.
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:50:22 AM

You CAN get ROI, It's just going to take OVER A YEAR to get it. It's nice to get one for a fun hobby if you don't expect a fast ROI. If you want a 6 month ROI I don't know of any existing products that provide that outside of BFL ASICS, and Good luck getting one of those any time soon.
Chizbang (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:20:11 AM

Sorry guys!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Bitcoin-ASIC-Miner-335-Mhash-Block-Erupter-UK-Seller-/181185986828?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item2a2f86c10c
This is what I ment lol. Yeah I might get one for a hobby whic would be pretty cool
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:08:08 AM

You CAN get ROI, It's just going to take OVER A YEAR to get it. It's nice to get one for a fun hobby if you don't expect a fast ROI. If you want a 6 month ROI I don't know of any existing products that provide that outside of BFL ASICS, and Good luck getting one of those any time soon.

Well it depends on how fast the difficulty explodes and what he pays, may not be able to get it back.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 04:17:43 AM

ER no..... no you cannot........ If you prepare the analysis figures correctly...... AND you only mine with it.

now selling it to a sucker at an overinflated price... is a guaranteed return....

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
jackthebeanstalk

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:19:16 AM

I think a few months ago, it is worth it, you can still get your ROI, but now it is impossible and each day delay makes it more impossible.
ndr76

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:58:08 PM

One good thing about this miner?
According to http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ with 2.5W power consumption and with BTC around $100 it will be able to pay for its electricity and be profitable until difficulty will be around 1,950,000,000.
That's kind of cool isn't it?
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:33:00 PM

One good thing about this miner?
According to http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ with 2.5W power consumption and with BTC around $100 it will be able to pay for its electricity and be profitable until difficulty will be around 1,950,000,000.
That's kind of cool isn't it?

Thats very cool. So much FUD goes around these forums, if Bitcoin shoots up to $1000 it will remain profitable even longer.
dell123

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:07:37 AM

Most USB miners appear to be more of a collectors item, I wouldn't believe it to be a great addition to your mining set-up. Maybe a starter piece as a bit of fun or as a learning tool.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:16:48 AM

Most USB miners appear to be more of a collectors item, I wouldn't believe it to be a great addition to your mining set-up. Maybe a starter piece as a bit of fun or as a learning tool.

Yeah.  Well, no actually.  My USB miners have replaced my GPUs.  They use 2.5W rather than 200W.
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:54:02 PM

Yeah.  Well, no actually.  My USB miners have replaced my GPUs.  They use 2.5W rather than 200W.

True, but still a collectors item, because it will take forever to get your ROI back.

I have 1 which is running ...making 0.35 cents a day, but today it drop to 0.23 cents.

But still better than using a video card, doesn't require a power source, so you save the money on energy. Also it free my computer.

But non of this matters now, mining will be dead in the next 2 weeks, for those who cant mine at 10Ghps at least.(and even at 10Ghps will be low)

I was mining 336Mhps was making 0.50 cent a day, then it drop to $0.42, for the last week it been running at $0.35 cents. and today it was down to $0.23.

The only way to save mining is for BTC to increases in price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: