Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forecast of Lightining Network implementation ?  (Read 109 times)
fokon3 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:46:43 PM

I know the strict details about lightining network are not available and nobody knows. Actually that is usual in practice for IT projects.
But maybe someone can let me know on which stage there is lightining network ? More or less ? How many percent there is accomplished ? When we can think lightining network would be ready ? 2018 ?  First half ? second half ? 2019 ?
I have heard something that they tests it successfully, tests seems to be the last stage of implementations, so is that close to see ?
Thank you so much in advance for any forecast or link.
Regards
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:54:21 PM

I know the strict details about lightining network are not available and nobody knows. Actually that is usual in practice for IT projects.
But maybe someone can let me know on which stage there is lightining network ? More or less ? How many percent there is accomplished ? When we can think lightining network would be ready ? 2018 ?  First half ? second half ? 2019 ?
I have heard something that they tests it successfully, tests seems to be the last stage of implementations, so is that close to see ?
Thank you so much in advance for any forecast or link.
Regards

After successful interoperability tests earlier this month, Lightning developers officially released the 1.0 version of the protocol. LN transactions can be made right now on the Bitcoin mainnet.

But there is no official ETA for the release of Lightning wallet software that end users like us will use. That's the next major hurdle on the roadmap. Developers of the various implementations have made it clear that concerns over code reliability are paramount to getting wallets out the door. Personally, I've got my fingers crossed for Q2-Q3 of next year.

userTempor434

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:32:23 PM

thank you for the question and many thanks to squatter for the answer, you are so informative

so that means that blaming core team is a bullshit, right ? since they did they work and now lightining network deployoment rely on devs of software like Electrum, cryptoexchanges etc ? I guess Electrum would implement this sooner than any exchange

@squatter
as you are so informative I would allow myself to ask what do you think: what would be the cryptocurrency environment after lightining network mass adoption (all exchanges and popular wallets implement this) ? would this blow out bitcoin cash and some systems like ripple etc ?
moreover is that right that segwit + lightining network allow contracts ? if yes then bitcoin would surpass even ethereum, iota etc in technology so it would dominate cryptocurrency environment once again ? and because of that prediction now the price of bitcoin is so high ? because this perspective is king perspective

what do you guy think about this ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: