Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 ASIC Hardware - What's next?  (Read 179 times)
Brioski (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:02:18 PM

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums, and I recently started getting interested in cryptocurrencies (Yeah, probably driven by fomo).
I started doing my own researches on the various aspects of this reality, but I find it hard to navigate consciously as I feel that this hype is generating many scams and misleading informations. Although I may just be bad at researching.

Right now it seems that Antminer S9 is still the winner when it comes to Bitcoin and SHA256 algorithm, while the new Baikal Giant X10 is generating a huge profit due to the high computational power offered to solve algorithms associated with coins that so far required a 'relatively low' computational power, such as Quark and Qubit. (I am a newbie, correct me if what I say is wrong)

I was interested in gathering up informations and speculations about possible upcoming ASIC hardware, in order to be able to make assumptions on what could be profitable in the future, and what line of investment I could follow.

So, specifically, the questions I am trying to find answers on, or just have your opinions on, are the following:
1) What's the current situation on the ASIC hardware market? Is it a healthy market? Do you feel there are going to be new companies entering the market anytime soon?
2) Given the current state of the market and it's actors (right now profitable machines seem to be only from Bitmain, Baikal, Canaan, Innosilicon), do you think new machines are going to be released anytime soon?
3) Will computational power scale by order of magnitues?
4) Do you think eventually GPU mining will be wiped away by ASIC hardware?
5) I see that Antminer S9 and Baikal Giant X10 are regularly 'out of stock'. Do you know if there will be more batches for sale soon?

Lastly:
6) What is the best source of information if I want to keep myself instantly updated about upcoming new hardware / new available batches in stock for current top notch hardware?

Thanks in advance, I hope this post to be helpful for anyone who shares the same thoughts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: