Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 10:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moonlander 2 - Performance vs Temp / Clocking vs Undervolting thread  (Read 122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:17:22 PM

For Reference if you are looking for information related to General Moonlander 2 Support: Check out this thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2420357
For Reference if you are looking for information related to "Recommended" Hubs for the Moonlander 2: Check out this thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2455609
For Reference if you don't know wtf the Moonlander 2 is or you are looking for General information: Check out this thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643

This thread is about clocking vs undervolting and performance vs temp. Please keep this thread on topic. If you are looking for other support, recommended hubs, or general Moonlander 2 information, please see the above links.

I just got some of my MLD2's today and have started to mess around with them. There are several threads going on about these units but it appears (unless I missed it) there is none dedicated to the best performance vs temp, clocking vs undervolting.

I'm going to edit this first post as time goes on with recommended settings or good worthwhile advice when it is either found elsewhere in forums or within this thread.

Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:18:16 PM

I don't have any undervolting numbers yet but for those interested I have some initial temp numbers -- I want to stress that these are just 3 units out of what I have and I haven't tested others I have yet to see if this is due to the hub I'm using or just the random-ness of the asic's in each unit.

These readings are F, not C so you would need to convert them accordingly.

I feel that I definitely need to dial in the voltage settings it seems if I want the best performance/watt/temp ratios. My goal is to find the "sweet spot" for performance vs temp and I know there is a lot of information out there in the threads about this. I'm hoping to put it all together here for everyone interested to quickly find.

My first impressions are that I'm happy with how well these Moonlander 2's perform at 700mhz, the overall build quality of these devices is great. I have some ball bearing fans coming in a week or 2 to upgrade the fans that are factory installed on the units and I will share those details of the success / failure of that endeavor Cheesy

Using the "budget" plugable hub, and stock settings on the MLD2's

This is the 1st MLD2 I tested @ 700mhz and had been running for at least 10 minutes

This is the 2nd MLD2 I tested @ 700mhz and had been running for at least 10 minutes

This is the 3rd MLD2 I tested @ 700mhz and had been running for at least 10 minutes

This is the 1st MLD2 I tested @ 756mhz and had been running for at least 10 minutes

This is the 2nd MLD2 I tested @ 756mhz and had been running for at least 10 minutes

This is the 3rd MLD2 I tested @ 756mhz and had been running for at least 10 minutes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: