Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Binance safe to store cryptos?  (Read 2753 times)
ikarasev10

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:32:48 AM

In my opinion, if your two-factor is enabled, your account will be safe.There is no possibility of hacking if there is a two-factor.Secret key should be kept in security.Binance is very good exchange.I always use the binance.

you're wrong.
there are methods of hacking even 2 two-factor aunteticate by google.
and do not forget, if you do not have a private key, then these coins do not belong to you!

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:01:07 AM

In my opinion, I believe the best place to save your cryptonis in the appropriate wallet because there you will be able to monitor the token as you are in charge of your private key other than on an exchange, even if you most do this, I think you should diversify and not keep all in one place for safety reasons.
dalexc

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:13:38 AM

In my opinion, if your two-factor is enabled, your account will be safe. There is no possibility of hacking if there is a two-factor. Secret key should be kept in security.Binance is very good to exchange. I always use the binance.
milan81

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:32:35 AM

Relatively safe but still risk of loss, if you have the condition of using a trezor wallet
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:41:21 AM

In my opinion, if your two-factor is enabled, your account will be safe. There is no possibility of hacking if there is a two-factor. Secret key should be kept in security.Binance is very good to exchange. I always use the binance.

Not completely safe tho because even the two factor authentication also can be bypassed by the hackers so if you want your cryptos to be safe then it needs to be in a wallet where we have private keys to access the wallets.Biance is very good tho but we have to remember that lot of good exchanges are also hacked in the last year so be careful about this time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
sergiorus

Activity: 840
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:01:22 AM

nothing is safe but hardware wallets
exchanges are even more unsafe than online wallets and no one should hold any significants funds on exchanges
Liquid exchange is a decent option tho. they use only cold-wallet storages and it is also fully regulated by Japanese government
toresto

Activity: 81
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:05:17 AM

if you planning to use this money for a day trade or trading overall then it will be wiser to split your money between serval exchanges else you will be finding your self-paying a high fee for moving fund from exchange to the wallet and then back again every time you plan to trade
panpine

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:24:49 AM

You peace of mind transaction floor security is good then should not worry, comfortable offline

btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:30:05 AM

I hope exchange is not good for storing coins in the exchange but Binance is one of the best of exchange for more than a year and didn't face any problem with the Binance exchange. But we have to take a risk in order to store the coins in the Binance wallet.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:55:43 PM

I hope exchange is not good for storing coins in the exchange but Binance is one of the best of exchange for more than a year and didn't face any problem with the Binance exchange. But we have to take a risk in order to store the coins in the Binance wallet.
If there is no any risk, why should be take a risk to keep our money? If you think binance isn't  good place to keep your money, just move your money tl somewhere else.
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:13:31 PM

If you are not trading daily, I certainly do not recommend that you keep your cryptocoin in a exchange.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:29:36 AM

As far as i know, only etherdelta is the most safest of all exchange, but i suggest you to save and put your money in a wallet so that it will be kept because you cannot rely on any exchange in keeping your coins.

I doubt that etherdelta, is the most safest of all exchange. Instead, etherdelta is the most dangerous decentralized platform exchange compare to other platform. Because giving or importing your private key  to this platform is the most dangerous things for the traders if you are going to use this one which is etherdelta. Besides, Etherdelta has already a bad record before in terms of the issues of hacking the account of the wallet of their users. So, for me I think binance is safe as long as you activate your 2FA and pass the KYC too.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

If you are not trading daily, I certainly do not recommend that you keep your cryptocoin in a exchange.
Storing in exchanges even how trusted they are not good. It can be only if few crypto and you watch it and used it for trading everyday, if you left it there untouched and not being active, you'll soon surprised it was gone.

faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:54:25 AM

Hello!

I have about $600 worth of various Cryptos on Binance. I have two-factor Authentication enabled (meaning I have to get a code from the Google Authenticator App on my phone). Is it safe to just store the coins on the exchange? That way it will be easier when I go to sell them and I don't have to keep paying fees for transferring them in and out. I realize that it's not normally advised, but with two-factor authentication enabled, does that change anything?

Thanks!

The chances you will get hacked is very, very small.

Going to hard wallet means decreasing the chances of getting hacked from 0.01% to 0.001%

nonetheless, it's still 'possible', and a hardware wallet is always safer.
Absolutely true, there were reputed exchanges yet this exchanges does not guarantee you that your funds are 100% safe since you don't have the full control and have to depend on tge third trusted party. Hardware or closed source wallet is still the best to choose, currently I'm am trying HODLER since they have a very good project. This wallet is tge only opensource multi wallet available, and this gives users the full control over their funds and private key right after their hand unlike exchanges which doest provide key
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:42:28 AM

Hello!

I have about $600 worth of various Cryptos on Binance. I have two-factor Authentication enabled (meaning I have to get a code from the Google Authenticator App on my phone). Is it safe to just store the coins on the exchange? That way it will be easier when I go to sell them and I don't have to keep paying fees for transferring them in and out. I realize that it's not normally advised, but with two-factor authentication enabled, does that change anything?

Thanks!
Binance is a reputable and popular exchange, but it does not guarantee that your funds are safe even if you enabled two-factor authentication because if hacker hacked the whole system i think hacker can do what he want, he can control everything. Maybe better to store your coins in your own wallet and dont give your private key to anyone. Better to be safe than sorry.

Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:34:10 PM

Hello!

Thanks!
Binance is a reputable and popular exchange, but it does not guarantee that your funds are safe even if you enabled two-factor authentication because if hacker hacked the whole system i think hacker can do what he want, he can control everything. Maybe better to store your coins in your own wallet and dont give your private key to anyone. Better to be safe than sorry.
Don't put too much amount in exchange especially if you were not going to buy or used it frequently, chances are you'll lose it without noticing it.
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:16:44 PM

Don't believe on any exchange even though they are reputable but one thing if you make a profit better move your money to the wallet. Holding coins in the exchange is not a good idea because previously we have seen many hacks.
Douglasyukanov
Copper Member

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:44:41 AM

the level of security of binance exchange depends on the trading user itself,
I linked the headphone number where each login sends a verification code to be able to login in a binance account,
to date the $ 5000 asset is safe.
mulia sabee

Activity: 910
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:42:32 PM

Hello!

Thanks!

storing the coin dibinance will invite risk. in my opinion, it's very unsafe for you. you should prepare a special wallet to save the assets you have. do not save finance because it is not safe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: