Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:13:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying wholesale/bulk GPUs?  (Read 137 times)
siforek (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:57:33 PM

I managed to get 52x 1070 & 1070TIs going in the last couple months. Now I need 55 more & don't want to do what I had to last time to get so many cards. There are distributors that look to be about $10 per GPU but are there any best methods? I know the margins on GPUs isn't much.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:09:33 AM

I managed to get 52x 1070 & 1070TIs going in the last couple months. Now I need 55 more & don't want to do what I had to last time to get so many cards. There are distributors that look to be about $10 per GPU but are there any best methods? I know the margins on GPUs isn't much.

I think make a group buy is a good idea. I and some friends (more than 20 people) create a big group buy.
And we sign the contract with big local distributor: each month we will buy at least 50 GPUs (it's harder to collect more now), and he will give us the best price (typically discount about 3-4.5% compared with the lowest price from other distributors).
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:16:07 AM

I think make a group buy is a good idea. I and some friends (more than 20 people) create a big group buy.
And we sign the contract with big local distributor: each month we will buy at least 50 GPUs (it's harder to collect more now), and he will give us the best price (typically discount about 3-4.5% compared with the lowest price from other distributors).

No siginificant Bulk gpu pricing right now isn't happening below 1000 gpu min order from AMD and Nvidia and gpus are going to previous large customers not typically first time buyers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: