Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:47:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The main reason why bitcoin is very expensive now mainly because of popularity  (Read 108 times)
Kajune (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:06:28 PM

Other reasons are :
- Other digital currency are made far too late after bitcoin gain high price and popularity.
- Bitcoin are more secure and safe.

Bitcoin will go gown if a country ban bitcoin usage, for example what happen when China decide to ban it that make the price drop significantly at 1 moment but now rise again over that price. If more countries follow China then bitcoin will be doomed for sure but it will be less likely to ban something without good reason, the only that will happen is if some countries decide to be in 1 wagon.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 11:37:56 PM

Yes popularity gives more value or attention to anything. And also the more who will adopt bitcoin, the more it will become concrete and valuable. And the less it will become volatile.

777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:53:39 PM

It isn't more secure or safe though than many of these other coins. Bitcoin main advantage is having first mover and it isn't the privacy aspect. A lot of privacy coins are more secure and safer making that point moot.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:58:40 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 12:32:18 AM by HasHe

To be honest,at first bitcoin was majorly adopted by the dark markets due to its pseudo anonymous nature which increased its demand as well as its price.Then it became popular as a payment option with very low fee comparatively lower than other payment options.

Now,it has completed its initial eight years successfully being a decentralized currency not backed by any governments which is very difficult.By this way,it has gained trust of investors world wide.Now additionally,big financial firms like CME,CBOE have entered the market and bitcoin is getting big media exposure which have led to such a high price today.
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:12:14 AM

Many have been predicting these price rises for a long time.  I was expecting it, just not so soon.  The 2017 rise started in may or so and is, as far as I can tell, due almost entirely to institutional investors such as hedge funds entering the market.  Not too long ago a 10k buy/sell would move the entire market.  Now we have BILLIONS of dollars flowing in and a finite supply.  Many holders are not selling yet.

I want to stress how important it is to only buy if you understand what it is and want to hold long term.  Then follow that by not paying attention to any mainstream articles.  I see stuff on a daily basis that is factually incorrect.  Yesterday I saw a documentary on netflix, the description said "Blah blah blah it is 100% anonymous" or something like that.  If you don't know why this is wrong, you should't buy any.  And you certainly shouldn't make a documentary about it.  So many articles proclaiming the death of cryptos or predicting a price of x by a date of y are written by people who clearly don't know anything about bitcoin.  But they will write FUD because we click on it.

The problem is that people see this stuff and panic.  What if you bought at 18k, then the price drops to 12k, and you see all of these articles that are out about the bubble bursting?  You get scared and sell.  But these articles are written by idiots and charlatans.  If you don't know enough to know that a 50% price swing is not unusual, and why it is not unusual, then don't buy any.  Because when you do the price will drop by half and you will panic and sell, losing tons of money in a short time.

Don't listen to these articles, ever!  Decide for yourself.

I had a good laugh last week when I clicked on an article about the death of bitcoin.  The punchline was when I saw that it was declared dead because the price (bubble) had plummeted from $300 to $100.  Ha!  Yes the bubble had burst, I bet the idiot who wrote that is glad they didn't buy any!

I'll tell you a well known secret: buy when every one is selling and sell when everyone is buying.  The more fearful people get, the more opportunities I see.  The more exuberant they get, the less I see unless I already own, in which case it tells me it might be time to lock in some gains.  The thing that really mystifies me is that it happens over and over and over again, every year.  The history and data are there but you can't change psychology.  Even professional traders sometimes fall victim to it.  If you can avoid emotional investing then you are already one step ahead of the competition.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:22:23 AM

Its not the popularity.

Just look at the crypto exchanges. most of the altcoins are paired with bitcoin. bitcoin is also paired in USD when trading using a forex broker. Bitcoin has Futures also. This is the reason why bitcoin is expensive. because he is the mother of all crypto. so when you talk about crypto it is bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: