Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:21:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Un-sticking a transaction stuck in the mempool  (Read 140 times)
unsigned_long_long (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:15:33 AM

Hi,

I've got a problem with a transaction which has been stuck in the mempool for around 3 days now. I used electrum to send the transaction and I made the mistake of not setting the fees high enough. On top of that, I didn't enable Replace-By-Fee, and the transaction has only 1 recipient which is an address I don't control, and no change outputs.

In short I did everything possible to make this transaction irreversible.   Undecided

I just want to know how I can get this transaction to confirm or for the network to forget about it. I wouldn't be worried except the destination address is one I don't control. I'm running a bitcoin core node and have noticed the abandontransaction command. Would this be any help?

Would it be worth a try to import the private key into my node then try to re-broadcast a new transaction which spends the same outputs, in the hope that nodes that haven't heard about the original transaction will replace it with the new one? I know that as a last resort I can pay a miner directly to include the transaction in a block, but I'd rather not pay more than I have to.

I'd rather not share the transaction ID for privacy reasons.

Appreciate any help
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unsigned_long_long (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:34:14 PM

bump
Pages: [1]
  Print