Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Besides ETH in South Korea, are any regions really using any crypto or Bitcoin?  (Read 56 times)
1bitcoinsnet (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:58:14 AM

From what I can find in research, the only two coins doing any legit transactions other than investors is

xrp for bank use not public
eth seems to be used in south korea

I know Japan legalized bitcoin but has it been adopted to a nice merchant user base yet?

All I know is I'm in SFL and not one merchant takes BTC or any crypto coin, yet I can walk into local companies that are clients of a network I'm in and we can use their networks digital currency but it's a closed b2b barter network.

It's not really crypto, since it's centralized and it's a simple thing, you pay 100 a month and get 200 in digital trade dollars

And it allows you to take it from other clients, so guys like me that charge a lot for my services like consulting and managing a companies marketing get the coin for just hours off our backs so that's just our time and it costs 100 to get into the local network so labor intensive guys like me and say lawyers or doctors can spend a few hours a month helping other businesses and we get a lot of the coin in return.

Some nice restaurants are in it, a bunch of professionals and pretty much anything I need for a car can be bought with the coin.

So to me, it's the first legit working digital currency I've seen in use.

I thought Ripple was in use in S Korea but it seems Eth might be in use there, or it might just be the favorite investing coin in South Korea.

I saw a video about the new centra card that converts lots of different crypto into mastercard dollars, so that looks like a great way to spend crypto.

I know some big online sites claimed to take btc years ago but never got much from holders so it's a fizzle.

I used to hear talk some traction had started in Europe but with hour transactions is it still being used and the cost would seem to make it not practical now.

So as we hit 2018, what digital or crypto currencies are actually in use?

So far for uses all I see for crypto is xrp now with big banks and amex, then some companies bought into the architecture of eth for their own closed version of it.

But who the heck is using crypto for commerce?

I really think that's the key now, what coin finds a way to be used by millions of users in commerce, that will be the coin that takes off.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: