Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:54:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get my coins from the FORK?  (Read 136 times)
NiceSoft12 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:08:38 AM

So after the fork happens and say I have 1 bitcoin, how do I get the new coin that comes out?

Thank you
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:11:02 AM

So after the fork happens and say I have 1 bitcoin, how do I get the new coin that comes out?

Thank you

Which fork are you talking about? There have been 4 attempts to fork Bitcoin this year...it matters.

It also depends on where your Bitcoin is being held. If it's in a private wallet, where you control your private keys, you're good. If it's with an exchange or online wallet it will be up to that company to determine if they want to allow you to claim your Bitcoin Gold/Cash/Etc.

Give us more specifics and we can give you more targeted answers.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:15:41 AM

Thank you

Which fork are you talking about? There have been 4 attempts to fork Bitcoin this year...it matters.

It also depends on where your Bitcoin is being held. If it's in a private wallet, where you control your private keys, you're good. If it's with an exchange or online wallet it will be up to that company to determine if they want to allow you to claim your Bitcoin Gold/Cash/Etc.

Give us more specifics and we can give you more targeted answers.

He's probably talking about the upcoming Bitcoin God fork. Here's a link of information about the upcoming fork:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/hard-fork-take-two-segwit2x-will-return-dec-28-says-founder

This is a pretty anticipated fork but I don't think there will be a lot of support from it by the current exchanges and online wallets. Chances are you aren't really going to be able to access those forked coins unless you use a good wallet, and even then, you need to make sure that wallet supports the fork.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:27:05 AM

He's probably talking about the upcoming Bitcoin God fork. Here's a link of information about the upcoming fork:

This is a pretty anticipated fork but I don't think there will be a lot of support from it by the current exchanges and online wallets. Chances are you aren't really going to be able to access those forked coins unless you use a good wallet, and even then, you need to make sure that wallet supports the fork.

Bitcoin God? We should reject it because of the audacity of that name, the ridiculousness of it...I think someone's trying to fuck with us.

Most coins that come about as result of an coup attempt, a hard fork, start with very little support form exchanges. Very little chance to claim the coin quickly after it comes into existence. It takes a month or so for things to grow, if they are ever going to. The catch 22 with chasing forked coins is that the only wallet that is sure to support the new coin is the one that is started by the developers of the forking coin...and thus has the least experience or history of trust in the marketplace.

If you want to claim hard fork coins, put your Bitcoin in a Trezor and wait for them to support it.
NiceSoft12 (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:10:57 PM

Can someone post a list of the forks that are legit? I've heard that a "Bitcoin Pizza" fork is coming out   Cheesy
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:35:27 PM

Can someone post a list of the forks that are legit? I've heard that a "Bitcoin Pizza" fork is coming out   Cheesy
I heard some of upcoming forks next year, a. BCI or Bitcoin Interest will likely to occur at block 505083 estimate date is January 22, 2018 visit the site: http://bitcoininterest.io, b. Bitcoin Private (BTCP)snapshot date is not yet announce at the moment you can follow here for some updates https://twitter.com/zclassiccoin and lastly the Bitcoin Atom (BCA) with a lightning network and hybrid consensus ann; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2515675.0  I expect more forks are coming next year.

hilda483

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:43:24 PM

Thank you

Some exchanges and wallets will keep save your forked coin and will give you access to it. Be careful though, not all exchanges/wallet accept the forked coins, so you might lose them if you are not careful.

bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:48:03 PM

If you control the private key to your Bitcoin wallet, you have to wait till there are reputable wallets that support the fork coins. However, beware of scams and only use reputable wallets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: