Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:50:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best CPU for mining?  (Read 392 times)
Carcass1989 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:59:09 AM

In near future I planed to mining coins. I do not know anything about that. For begin please tell me what is the best processor for that job. Thanks! Smiley
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
canadian1980

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:12:10 AM

In near future I planed to mining coins. I do not know anything about that. For begin please tell me what is the best processor for that job. Thanks! Smiley

I would recommend that you visit the following website, it is a good article on the subject issue https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/mining/hardware/
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:33:38 AM

Well, in finding the good processor for mining Bitcoins, Try to look to the specifications of every CPU. But i suggest to you that you should use the CPU that had the specs like this:
● Has the RAM atleast 8GB RAM DD3
● Quadcore and up
● Core i5 and up
● The CPU must have a BIG fan in order to mine more.

This is my suggestions. I hope you will like it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:02:48 AM

Bitcoin mining using CPU is not profitable anymore. You will end up burning electricity only but you won't receive anything in return. Currently the best CPU available in the market is Intel i7 8th Generation. But that won't produce required hash rates for finding even a single block. So if you have a plan to mine bitcoin using CPU, please drop it.

However, if you are planning to mine altcoins, then you may use the above mentioned CPU, but I am doubtful about the end result. Most of the altcoins are significantly pre-mined so the difficulty level will eat up your profits. please visit the below website to know more about the difficulty level and mining profitability to decide for yourself.

https://www.coinwarz.com/charts/difficulty-charts

If you are planning to enter in to mining, use mining rigs. It will be expensive at the initial level. But slowly you will see the profits.

Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

if you want to have big income from mining, you can use computer with minimum ram capacity of 8GB type ROG, DDR3, interanal 1 TB, CORE i5 or i7

juddtrump

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:40:34 AM

Intel BX80662G4400 Pentium Processor G4400 3.3 GHz FCLGA1151
jasonphilips

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:57:47 AM

Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 3M Cache Processor (BX80662I36100)
 351 reviews   
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:40:54 AM

Since you posted it here in Bitcoin discussion, I assume that you are interested in mining Bitcoin because you didn't stated what cryptocurrency you want to mine. Mining Bitcoin using CPU is not efficient anymore even using the latest/best processor out there because it is very slow and can't produce enough hash rate to compete with other miners, and may also damage your computer. Maybe in other coins you can make profit from CPU mining but in Bitcoin forget about it and if you really want to get involved in Bitcoin mining and make profit from it, you have to spend huge amount of money in more dedicated mining hardware like ASIC specifically antminer s9 or avalon 741.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:55:36 AM

Since you posted it here in Bitcoin discussion, I assume that you are interested in mining Bitcoin because you didn't stated what cryptocurrency you want to mine. Mining Bitcoin using CPU is not efficient anymore even using the latest/best processor out there because it is very slow and can't produce enough hash rate to compete with other miners, and may also damage your computer. Maybe in other coins you can make profit from CPU mining but in Bitcoin forget about it and if you really want to get involved in Bitcoin mining and make profit from it, you have to spend huge amount of money in more dedicated mining hardware like ASIC specifically antminer s9 or avalon 741.

The only thing that pays is to dig an altcoin and replace it with BTC. I'm going to try on this ...

pizzacrypto

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:09:59 AM

If you want to mine with a CPU Amd Ryzen is a good choice,good for Cryptonight+Cryptonight Lite Algos.(Monero, Electroneum, Aeon,...)
Samuel Webber

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:52:20 AM

The only profitable CPU mining is to use coinhive for a website with big traffic.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:58:49 AM

With most crypto nowadays, whatever a CPU can hash a GPU can do better. Most "cpu-only" algos are dominated by botnets and sites with coinhive as stated above, and buying a CPU solely to mine crypto does not make sense in 99% of scenarios. You'd be better off just buying GPUs. Ryzen chips like the 1600 or 1700 will probably be your best option for CPU mining.
thoerz18

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:46:47 PM

In Bitcoins mining is done through SHA256Biostar has just announced the latest AMD AM4 socket motherboards that motherboard is teryata is dedicated to mining cryptojika you have experience mine mining, Prosessor, may be due to the difficulty of solving the algorithm is higher plus b, knowing the market LitecoinThis characteristic has led to the race the best hardware inside By using the processor or gpu on your computer the mining process can be done throughGenesis Mining is one of the service companies that provides the best cloud mining leasingAny user can see the existence of Electroneum added to their wallets through a unique mining experienceThere are many other programs out there that can be used for miningAwesome Miner is a powerful software for those of you who are interested to manage, monitor, PSU 1000w
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:16:21 PM

BiblePay, CPU Mining Only coin, specifically caters to Low and Mid range PCs, you get good results from older machines with this coin, so it also depends on the algorithm of the coin you are mining

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: