Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Million Altcoins?!  (Read 146 times)
Headachez (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:01:15 AM

Just looking at the Bounty section here at bitcointalk, there are about 400 different Bounty programs for different altcoins just dating back less than 10 days.  Thats crazy right?  Is this many new coins being created a good thing or a bad thing? I feel like really good coins will get looked over and possibly buried in the mix. Of course some bad coins will come along and take up your time and possibly your money investing into them. But also every once in a while a gem comes out of there. It's just staggering how many new coins are popping up each day, it's really hard to keep track.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=238.0
Mohamme

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:15:35 AM

Yes, it is hard to follow, and a large portion of the project are lying, so you have to pick a good ioc project investment and a bounty threads, so returns will be very good.

KTPU777

Activity: 154

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:19:56 AM

Of the total number of altcoyns really worth attention is only 5-10%. All the rest is just garbage. Now they really come out very much and it is very difficult to distinguish from them really worthwhile products. I think that the situation will change soon and their number will be greatly reduced.

asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:21:36 AM

Yeah if we look at the number it feels so much altcoin, but almost 90% of them is eth based token and i without hesitate want to say that 60-70% from that token is just fake project, so chose wisely where you want to put your investment

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:24:29 AM

well this has been going on for a very long time in different forms.
i believe it was harder to create a new coin since you had to do things kind of from scratch even if you forked an already existing project.
but now it is super easy to create a token! which is the reason for the huge increase in the number of them!

good or bad? hard to say. it is good for making money an done of the main purposes of this market is to make you more money!
but at the same time you are correct that many good projects will be overlooked because of all of these useless tokens. on the other hand if a project is really good, then it will be adopted in long term no matter what you put in its path temporarily.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:24:49 AM

Yes, it is hard to follow, and a large portion of the project are lying, so you have to pick a good ioc project investment and a bounty threads, so returns will be very good.

Correct. You will have to filter out the bad projects. Not even all of them actually pay out bounties. A good measure would be to look at 1) their project (do they have a working product? real world use?), 2) their team (are they real people? do they have experience in crypto?), and 3) their marketing (does it even look professional?).

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
MoKenyanCrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:25:16 AM

Check the upcoming Multi ICO and  Lending System
CONZAI
CRYPTOPAYMENTS
Check our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/CoinzaiPAYMENT/
Bitcointalk ann thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2657894.msg27089477#msg27089477
Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:29:26 AM

I believe that most of the projects are fake. Among the remaining most part do not get implemented and they die. The rest will be shitcoin, of which only 1-2, maximum 3 coins will rise and will not be forgotten in a few months. Who wants to play lateral 1/400?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
munareal

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:30:56 AM

There are too many altcoins and more are yet to come. They are just copies of each other with little or no difference. Most of them are intended to scam investors of their funds that is why it is advisable for one to research and do his due diligence before investing in ICOs .
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:31:19 AM

Only a small part altcoins deserves attention. The main thing in time to understand which currency is good and it can be invested in it.

Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:33:54 AM

Just looking at the Bounty section here at bitcointalk, there are about 400 different Bounty programs for different altcoins just dating back less than 10 days.  Thats crazy right?  Is this many new coins being created a good thing or a bad thing? I feel like really good coins will get looked over and possibly buried in the mix. Of course some bad coins will come along and take up your time and possibly your money investing into them. But also every once in a while a gem comes out of there. It's just staggering how many new coins are popping up each day, it's really hard to keep track.

That's why before I join a bounty campaigns I set to it that an ICO is good and legit.
One of the things that I'm going to check is the bounty campaign manager, I prefer higher ranked members because a good ICO have a good resources and will invest first by hiring good and experienced bounty campaign managers.
If a bounty campaign is started by a newbie or junior members then gonna scroll down without thinking twice.

Valuyet

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:37:08 AM

Only a small part altcoins deserves attention. The main thing in time to understand which currency is good and it can be invested in it.

Indeed, I have experienced those days that I participated any available bounty campaigns without thinking whether it's a good ICO or not. Now, I'm still  keeping shit coins that until now didn't hit Cryptocurrency exchanges. That's why we need to check first the ICO and campaign itself before joining.

modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:39:10 AM

The only thing we need to stop these shitcoins from coming in is to regulate the ICOs we need standards !

Valuyet

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:40:45 AM

Correct. You will have to filter out the bad projects. Not even all of them actually pay out bounties. A good measure would be to look at 1) their project (do they have a working product? real world use?), 2) their team (are they real people? do they have experience in crypto?), and 3) their marketing (does it even look professional?).

The first sign I consider if the bounty campaign and the ICO isn't good is when the bounty campaign manager is a brand new, newbie or a junior member.
Good ICOs have good resources so they could hire a good bounty managers if they want to attract more investors.
If the bounty campaign is managed by lower ranked managers then I'll better pass than spending wasted time.

Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:41:02 AM

Thats just the way it is supppsed to be a matter of competition about who has the most influential group of people to endorse clearly and majestically their coin to be acknowledge by the people that uses crypto currency. Youll find it hard to identify which one is the shitcoin and which is what.
saint_casanova

Activity: 234

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:42:13 AM

Many bounties are offered very low price coin so it really not that much.
Valuyet

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:43:52 AM

The only thing we need to stop these shitcoins from coming in is to regulate the ICOs we need standards !

Indeed, regulations can filter out scams and useless ICOs and coins in the future.
ICOs that has a good company, staff and developers can only be accredited to be invested so that young investors should be protected.
I agree regulating ICOs and stopping the coins that's lack support.

anindo

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:45:27 AM

Yes, you are right. It became scary to invest in new ICO. I participate in different bounties, according to statistics, 50% of them are honest and pay what was stipulated in the rules from the very beginning. The rest are just scams
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:48:50 AM

That is the beauty of the crypto business. It is what I refer as financial conspiracy. As more coins are emerging it is our duty to select the best out of the lot with great concept development. Anyway the world is global and we have not touch 1/4 of it. Don't worry this is financial freedom the blockchain technology is preaching about. 4D level of money making!

HOMT