Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:43:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effects of a new year on market?  (Read 657 times)
wklt2002 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:18:31 AM

What do you guys think the new year will bring us? Massive price drops or maybe prices going up? Or maybe nothing at all? Please share your expectations with me
mixelalex

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:36:16 AM

Holidays, and especially such large, uniquely affect the market. Movement and because of work schedules, and because of legislative changes, which often come into effect in the new year. And, of course, a psychological moment. Knowingly in the new year, sellers have a decent earnings, using various methods of influencing customers. In crypto, I'm sure their own rules of the game and earnings schemes for large players. And for us it is a good time for investments. Discounts! Smiley
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:49:26 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 12:04:24 PM by cryptogeek101

There are a lot to explain about Bitcoin and its associate Altcoins bandwagon friends. In the coming year, 2018 Bitcoin being the protocol father can either dive nose both ways; down or high carrying his cryptographic children along. Going high means all the predictions of the doom sayer is a fallacy. What actually happened in the past few days was the xmas, Hamulkah and the Kwanza fever that has a global impact on the market. We saw abnormal withdrawals of saving for these periodical events. Thus the sudden crash! The Bitcin bubble has just begun but winter  will come later but we don't know when. My advice is to tread with caution! This is what i called crypto madness. Be Wise.

HOMT

Powered by,
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:36:57 PM

I don't think so it is going to be happen.but no one knows the future.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
coinmgnet

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:42:11 PM

What do you guys think the new year will bring us? Massive price drops or maybe prices going up? Or maybe nothing at all? Please share your expectations with me

Considering what happened in the past, it doesn't have much of an impact, maybe the coins go down a little but that's it. Bitcoin had a nice rally in the past weeks, so this might be just a period when it's stabilising.
lendahawkins

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:56:06 PM

New years on the market means holiday. Holiday means the market are going to close temporary. The price near holidays getting lower than busy and working time. But like holidays the effect were temporary too. Alot of icos start they sale when the holiday was over.there is not a lot of icos near holiday. Wish after new year there will be many a lot of icos, so we could doing a lot bounty.

wklt2002 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:14:01 PM

There are a lot to explain about Bitcoin and its associate Altcoins bandwagon friends. In the coming year, 2018 Bitcoin being the protocol father can either dive nose both ways; down or high carrying his cryptographic children along. Going high means all the predictions of the doom sayer is a fallacy. What actually happened in the past few days was the xmas, Hamulkah and the Kwanza fever that has a global impact on the market. We saw abnormal withdrawals of saving for these periodical events. Thus the sudden crash! The Bitcin bubble has just begun but winter  will come later but we don't know when. My advice is to tread with caution! This is what i called crypto madness. Be Wise.

Yes I've always been careful trading crypto's and I never really go for the big risks. Do you think the price drops in the past few weeks were because of traders withdrawing their profits to have some money for the holidays?
HoundRogerson

Activity: 226

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:14:16 PM

I think that the price will grow, players fixed profit at the end of the year, after the holidays, everyone will return to the market

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:16:23 PM

I think soon the end of 2017 will reflect more and more on the market but I don't think this is a bad thing . it's just something normal. What am I afraid of is that bitcoin will continue to fall even further in 2018...Sad .

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

Coin.Master636

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:16:32 PM

We have got some serious drops in december, so I guess prices will go up again. Some people spending gifts or their new year's bonus on cryptos... Family gatherings will have spread the word of crypto too, I think. When one family member trades crypto, the holidays are the perfect time to share some knowledge with their family.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:20:52 PM

I think new year will be massive for crypto currencies and the value will rise exponentially, if you are referring to the ocassion of new year night and holidays, i think market cap can drop temporarily as people will cashout as they will need money for fun and party.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
wklt2002 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:16:05 PM

Considering what happened in the past, it doesn't have much of an impact, maybe the coins go down a little but that's it. Bitcoin had a nice rally in the past weeks, so this might be just a period when it's stabilising.

Did they go back up after a while or did they stay lower in the past? And how big was this impact (percentage)? I do believe Bitcoin will rise up again in january, but that's only my expectation.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1043

HODL

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:08:26 PM

I guess there will be a correction just as before during new years holidays. I don't think it would be huge, not deeper than -20% of the current market cap.

leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:35:29 PM

Wow good question. I think the market will go down a bit especially when people are buying gifts for family and friend. They will sell some of their coins for getting some liquidity for their family/friend. After new year within 2-3 weeks I think market would stabilize. However on the other hand, this is a good time to buy while the market is bleeding. I would like to save some money to buy in some coins for holding and then next year it will rise and shine.

Have a wonderful day ahead.
meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:38:23 PM

I think starting with the new year the price will start to go up again. The correction during the second half of December combined with the tendency of people to pull money out of cryptos as the holiday season approaches created some uncertainty which led to the price decrease, but I believe the price will recover.

K0korap

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

I don't think that there will be a massive price drop rather a gradual stable exchange since this there has been a sudden rise in the values of BTC also of other Altcoins. Well. we can't expect the values to always peak as it is right now.

veliq

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:13:48 PM

This is my first year on the crypto currency market, so I do not know yet what will happen. But I think the market as bitcoin will take a lateral movement, as most people will be busy with holidays and weekends.
DonaldTramponald

Activity: 301

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:23:08 PM

There are several variants of development of events. An accurate forecast will not give you one. But it is likely that before the new year holidays, many will want to cash out Bitcoin. Therefore, a short drop to 8-10K. If this happens, then after the bitcoin sprinkling of alts, this is the best time to replenish your portfolio. Second variant. BTC grows to 20000 and then it goes to 25000.
Which of these two scenarios is more correct, time will tell. And while you can just watch.

wklt2002 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

So you guys think that the BTC is going to dump... I hope you are wrong!
Gonna be interesting  Shocked
It kind of already did the past two weeks, it went down and stayed low compared to earlier weeks. Ofcourse, this past week all coins have been going down but Bitcoin was already down before the holidays, so maybe it wasn't the holidays that affected Bitcoin, but something else.
LupeKidman

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:44:47 AM

It'll bring lots of surprises I think. Many mooning and even more failures
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: