Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:40:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effects of a new year on market?  (Read 657 times)
Snorren

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:55:22 AM

I just want the holiday roller coaster to be over with. All I want for Christmas is a nice and steady crypto increase with little to none roller coasting.
Lago_V

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:15:16 AM

Experts give a very clear forecast - either $60K or $15K Smiley https://cointelegraph.com/news/2018-prediction-tenx-co-founder-sees-more-shocking-highs-and-lows-for-bitcoin
franklinrichards

Activity: 239
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:17:08 AM

for a while it seems to be down first of all, after that I am sure the beginning of the year 2018 will be riding high again the price of coins in the market and start actively back all the coins that are available.
google98

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

Undoubtedly, 2017 was the year of crypto obsession. Bitcoin saw breathtaking profits, and other digital currencies, such as Ripple and Litecoin, even had a better return than a percentage point.Bitcoin increased by 1200% in 2017, starting the year at 999 dollars; Ethereum rose from $ 8.17 to $ 624.3, up 7541%, and Ripple rose from $ 0.00652 to $ 0.90, or a 13.700% increase.

Ultimately, the delay in the race we see at the moment as a whole, will continue in 2018 with all expected changes (growing players like hedge funds should get into the game, we should see the next moves of governments and central banks to legalize these markets). And, after all, this is a normal financial market that goes through the different cycles and it is quite normal to see some kind of correction after a year of growth.  And what are the 40% correction compared to 1200% growth...  Smiley

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:26:10 AM

There are a lot to explain about Bitcoin and its associate Altcoins bandwagon friends. In the coming year, 2018 Bitcoin being the protocol father can either dive nose both ways; down or high carrying his cryptographic children along. Going high means all the predictions of the doom sayer is a fallacy. What actually happened in the past few days was the xmas, Hamulkah and the Kwanza fever that has a global impact on the market. We saw abnormal withdrawals of saving for these periodical events. Thus the sudden crash! The Bitcin bubble has just begun but winter  will come later but we don't know when. My advice is to tread with caution! This is what i called crypto madness. Be Wise.

Yes I've always been careful trading crypto's and I never really go for the big risks. Do you think the price drops in the past few weeks were because of traders withdrawing their profits to have some money for the holidays?
Most definitely, if it was not for the traders and the whales withdrawing their profit, coupled with some newbies getting scared and dumping, the market would not have gone that low. It is a normal thing and we also expected that the market would definitely test the lower support after then long ride to the top within short periods in the past few weeks. From here, we just have to expect some moves to the upper level pretty soon.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1164

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:51:08 AM

Holidays, and especially such large, uniquely affect the market. Movement and because of work schedules, and because of legislative changes, which often come into effect in the new year. And, of course, a psychological moment. Knowingly in the new year, sellers have a decent earnings, using various methods of influencing customers. In crypto, I'm sure their own rules of the game and earnings schemes for large players. And for us it is a good time for investments. Discounts! Smiley
It is really a good time for old and new investors to get the best from the market in the new year. However, there is still a lot of uncertainty in the market, so with or without the new year, we will still always see some of those effects where bitcoin gets some huge correction but at least, we know it is for the ultimate good.

In 2018 though, I expect that bitcoin would become more usable as a currency which would make it a huge year for it and its value based on that. I believe the new year has brought something pretty interesting already. A lot of us were able to do some Christmas shopping with a huge discount most especially for bitcoin and be rest assured that so many goodies are awaiting a lot of the bitcoiners as we enter the new year and during 2018.

The effect so far has really been the same, and while we see some of the alts experience some boom, bitcoin usually have some pretty good correction, but it is all for good.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:51:57 AM

What do you guys think the new year will bring us? Massive price drops or maybe prices going up? Or maybe nothing at all? Please share your expectations with me
I think 2018 is still a bull market, so prices will still rise sharply, so don't worry about that. Hold your tokens for a good year.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:56:04 AM

The effect of crossing over to new year is already showing across market segment of cryptocurrency. We have seen incredible price run on many altcoin. In the new year however, there might be turn of event.

8rch7

Activity: 1386
Merit: 465

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:10:53 AM

I think most likely the price will go down, because in the new year mostly do the holidays. For the holidays, they need a cost, they will automatically sell the assets. If many sell assets, then the price will likely fall (dump price).

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:15:50 AM

I think most likely the price will go down, because in the new year mostly do the holidays. For the holidays, they need a cost, they will automatically sell the assets. If many sell assets, then the price will likely fall (dump price).

True that. Also some people would be with their families and not trading so the volume of transactions will als go down.
narukami

Activity: 375
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:16:57 AM

I think that i will have no effect on the market everyday it is just like a normal trading day to them normal buying and selling coins but no one know what will happen tommorow exactly because in the future there is a lot of happening or possiblities

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:21:36 AM

The coming year is very promising. But as it approaches i think it will go down a bit like what happened in Christmas. But like what happened now it will still recover. We can never really predict how it will go but in the trend that its giving, it will almost always go up.

denulh

Activity: 300

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:22:10 AM

usually the more we get to the end of the year, investors will have the tendency to sell their coins to get money to use for their personal purposes such as buying new things or taking care for their family, so we may suffer a little drop on the price of cryptos coins, but this trend wont last for long, because they will get back to work soon.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:23:48 AM

Bitcoin will collapse to 1 cent, I'll buy a bunch of coins and sell each for 30000$)
This will be the best gift for the New Year)

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

josephdenne

Activity: 299

Founder & Core Team @ Edge Network

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:24:58 AM

2017 was huge. 2018 is going to be massive. This is the year that the tech starts to bed down and begins to find real world applications. It will be a make or break year for a bunch of early ICOs who have yet prove themselves, especially as newcomers are starting to bring much more than an idea to the table.

What a time to be alive.

Edge is the infrastructure of Web3. A decentralized cloud, powered by the blockchain. Community: https://discord.gg/edge-network
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:25:41 AM

Probably nothing out of the usual. I'm guessing people already cashed-out enough money before for the expenses in Christmas and new year's included. If not, then its a new year sale for bitcoin I suppose.
hermanrz

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:27:21 AM

Hopefully next year better yet at a price that is increasingly going up and we get multiple benefits
D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:32:20 AM

Don't think anything big might happened this New Year. Maybe a couple of guys would receive tokens as a gifts but no big drama literally.  Wink
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:39:45 AM

In my opinion, new year will affect the market, first of all, many of us or rather all of us will celebrate, and because of this, many people want to withraw in some of their funds and in will result to dump a little bit of the coin like bitcoin
Tristan1337

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:42:52 AM

After Chinese New Year, I expect a huge surge in price once the great Chinese New Year migration is over and everyone is back home to buy BTC and altcoins.  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: