Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effects of a new year on market?  (Read 657 times)
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:13:00 PM

I have been asking myself the same, it is making me a bit nervous. In 2013/2014 we have witnessed the beginning of a bear market - let's hope history won't repeat.

Ompyon

Activity: 715
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:17:34 PM

It seems the new year is not so influential, its effect on the market may be due to hardfork, because its hardfork ahead of the new year so impressed the new year is now bringing the change in coin prices

]
toastyhamster

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

Hahaha @doge :-)

I think the correction we're seeing was inevitable, but this whole market is still just speculation, current value of Ripple makes them worth half of Visa?  Seems bonkers to me but the whole crypto world doesn't seem based on reality so what do I know.  Hodl for me, the more I look at short term trades the more mistakes I make.
apvmoreira

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:25:12 PM

It will be the same as Christmas. A lot of dumping, on purpose or not, dunno, and a great pump in the beginning of the year.

We just need to be aware where to invest.
gustaf.berg

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:28:10 PM

I have been asking myself the same, it is making me a bit nervous. In 2013/2014 we have witnessed the beginning of a bear market - let's hope history won't repeat.

No need to worry my friend. Reason why market is bear now because it is new year and christmas holiday time. People need money for family presents and travels. That's why some of them is cashing out. You will see that after a week market will become bull market again.
Ch1bi

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:32:43 PM

I don't think anything too crazy will happen on the New Year. However I do think in the coming year, crypto will have more money pouring into it. People are just starting to become aware of Bitcoin and as a result people will pour money into it and alts. Should be an exciting year Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Antiqua

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

Holidays, and especially such large, uniquely affect the market. Movement and because of work schedules, and because of legislative changes, which often come into effect in the new year. And, of course, a psychological moment. Knowingly in the new year, sellers have a decent earnings, using various methods of influencing customers. In crypto, I'm sure their own rules of the game and earnings schemes for large players. And for us it is a good time for investments. Discounts! Smiley
something crazy already happen such as NXT, ripple, etc
much coin price is drop
money cash out from blochchain and also move from BTC to another such as ripple

just follow marketcap and you will understand it

Luckym7

Activity: 212

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:55:21 AM

It may be a lot's of better for all types of coins in the New Year, and may be a bit worse, because all businesses change their system at the beginning of the year, in that case you may have a slight problem. But no such kind of market has had a bad effect in the New Year, the likelihood of such an impact is very low, but I think that at the beginning of the year, it is better to work at Market Place to recognize it. Then a good idea about the market will start.
HollywoodCoins

Activity: 56

HollyWoodCoin

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:23:51 AM

Large state and religious holidays always sharply affect the financial and economic situation. This is the time when even major traders have to distract themselves from their main activities and tackle pressing problems. At the same time, the peaceful flow on the stock exchanges turns into a chaotic movement. With respect to cryptocurrency, there is such a trend: since the main percentage of goods and services still accept only fiat money, in this regard, before the holidays, a massive sale of crypto currency for Fiat and its withdrawal from stock exchanges begins. It is clear that even the top-end crypta in this case falls heavily in price. But after the expensive holidays everyone will want to return the spent, and then there will be a lot of pampas in order to earn Cheesy

https://btc-alpha.com/exchange/HWC_USD/
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:29:09 AM

What do you guys think the new year will bring us? Massive price drops or maybe prices going up? Or maybe nothing at all? Please share your expectations with me

The new year will give us a very bullish market. Actually, I was thinking that the very bullish days will come in the early days and weeks of the new year but apparently it happened much earlier. We have to remember that the months of October, November, and December were very good months in terms of growth in cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin. And then later in December, the price drop of Bitcoin came. Therefore, when the correction is over, the bullish trend will definitely follow. And that would be happening in the new year.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Mymikagab

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:03:35 AM

The market affected the holiday as many people withdraw there funds and pulled out the price of coins slowly after the transaction went back to the holiday back to normal back to reality everyone happy

Happy new year guys
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:18:35 AM

The price of bitcoin continue to drop while some alts are appreciating and all these happen during the holiday season I think this is a start of the next chapter for cryptos those coins that didn't appreciate in 2017 will now taking the hit in 2018 while bitcoin will remain in it's price as today with very minimal fluctuations. I think the market will now focus on alternative coins and those that has  more new technology to offer

magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:34:15 AM

I hope its the year of the altcoins with a steady bitcoin price that makes the other coins flow. Grin
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:37:14 AM

I think the effect of the new year market is that it will decrease the value of the altcoins or cryptocurrencies becuase of the high demand for their exchange to fiat money. The effect will be that the abundance of the altcoins would increase in exchange and the demand for it will decrease.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:18:05 AM

What do you guys think the new year will bring us? Massive price drops or maybe prices going up? Or maybe nothing at all? Please share your expectations with me

Nothing happen seriously, it's just temporary and will gone like the wind. As trader/ investor we need to find the right moment to make money and mostly happen end of the year. For people who like challenge this is the right time to make profit because many speculation will come up and go without permission. Keep calm and for safety, never take part trading at the end of the year.

NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:27:08 AM

I expect massive investments on bitcoin and ethereum.  The activities these year for both cryptos has been crazy,  so investors might be the lead to buy and hold these coins till the year end and earn from their experience.

gladiusnl

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:28:56 AM

in new year holiday people often buy more and consume more. So maybe it can help to increase the price of coins.
12retepnat34

Activity: 319

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:31:44 AM

I think new year has no effect on the cryptocurrencies in the market because I saw it just a normal flow of every currencies to go up and down and I hope this 2018 that the prediction of bitcoin to go $60k+ was right!
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:45:20 AM

The price of bitcoin increased so hard and so fast, it's just natural it should go down. People, being afraid to lose their profits, want to cash out their earnings and sell out. The price will go down further to 10K, then we can all buy again. Next year the price will rise again and will hit 30K.

mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:52:06 AM

Crypto market is very multinational. Asian players do not care about European and American holidays and vice versa. Trade never stops. Therefore, I think that crypto will not experience any serious shocks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: