Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO help  (Read 261 times)
DianeDeziree (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 12:15:59 PM

Hey guys!

Can someone pls explain to me what does ICO means and what is its relationship with BTC exactly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:23:09 PM

Hey guys!

Can someone pls explain to me what does ICO means and what is its relationship with BTC exactly?

Here BTC or other cryptocurrency acts as money.
And ICO are the fundraiser for startups and companies.
You can directly relate an ICO to an IPO if you have a general idea about share market.
ICO will give you tokens instead of shares who's value is decided by the use of the limited number of tokens in the service provided by the company.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:35:05 PM

An ICO is a recently emerged concept of crowdfunding projects in the cryptocurrency and Blockchain industries.

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. It’s an event, sometimes referred to as ‘crowdsale’, when a company releases its own cryptocurrency with a purpose of funding. It usually releases a certain number of crypto-tokens and then sells those tokens to its intended audience, most commonly in exchange for Bitcoins, but it can be fiat money as well.

As a result, the company gets the capital to fund the product development and the audience members get their crypto tokens’ shares. Plus, they have complete ownership of these shares.

If you can find current ICO you will be rich Smiley
surtur001s

Activity: 406
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:36:47 PM

Hey guys!

it is initial coin offering. The project literally gives tour its tokens insted of your btc
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:50:33 AM

Hey guys!

You're paying a money to help guys develop their project and they give you some tokens that can be exchanged on their project benefits.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:48:57 PM

Also to add, an ICO is often used interchangeably with "token sale", which is what it essentially is. For regulators, the term "ICO" ("ïnitial coin offering") is too close for comfort to "IPO" ("initial public offering", the process of taking a company public to trade its shares on stock exchanges) which has prompted some countries to treat token sales as equity offerings and block or hinder them as a result. ICOs generally don't give away company equity, just tokens to be utilized in their future product.
Crypbull

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:25:58 PM
Merited by Dinuxen (1), dwwbit (1)

ICO mean Initial coin offering (Token Sale)

There are some new project and people can Invest for that and They provide Tokens for the Invested Money, Here only deal with cryptocurrency like a money,
After the token sale The project release their toke to public market and then you can sell your own token and get your profit, There are some scam project also before the invest do your own research and take the risk, Always try to figure out ICO details

goldrush777

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:02:23 AM

Also to add, an ICO is often used interchangeably with "token sale", which is what it essentially is. For regulators, the term "ICO" ("ïnitial coin offering") is too close for comfort to "IPO" ("initial public offering", the process of taking a company public to trade its shares on stock exchanges) which has prompted some countries to treat token sales as equity offerings and block or hinder them as a result. ICOs generally don't give away company equity, just tokens to be utilized in their future product.

So, if I buy a token in ICO, I don't buy a part/share of that company as it would happen in IPO? Then what's in it for me.. I mean just the tokens to be used in their future product and funding their business (while they make millions) doesn't sound fair..

Have I got this wrong?

SayNumo

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:15:07 AM

So, if I buy a token in ICO, I don't buy a part/share of that company as it would happen in IPO? Then what's in it for me.. I mean just the tokens to be used in their future product and funding their business (while they make millions) doesn't sound fair..

Have I got this wrong?

Correct. You are essentially crowdfunding the business idea or a new project, in the hopes that the product is built, the project is successful, and the tokens you own appreciate in value to give you a return on your investment. That's the hope. No one (okay maybe some, but very few) buys tokens just to be able to use them up later... Most token buyers hope for a big break for the token/coin they've invested in to profit from it in future.
pmtxcrypto

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:48:04 AM

Agree most are trying to turn  $1 into $10000.  There are a lot that will never develop and some are looking to get free $$$.  Do your research, look at whitepapers, google em, look here, reddit, twitter etc.  Look up their principles in places like LinkedIn, and validate that they are real and not some stock photo with fake credentials.  Some ICOs are restricted based on where you live, how much you will invest, what currency you are using EUD, USD, BTC, ETH etc.  Some will give you a bonus depending on what you invest, if you are socially active, referral etc.  There are tons of projects out there and some good opportunities.  Find something you are passionate about or interested in and research ICOs in that area.
KevenDabid

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:24:26 AM

ICO is a company that sells its own tokens to get some of your funding, friends please note that the current ICO risk is still very high.

SayNumo

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:01:35 PM

Agree most are trying to turn  $1 into $10000.  There are a lot that will never develop and some are looking to get free $$$.  Do your research, look at whitepapers, google em, look here, reddit, twitter etc.  Look up their principles in places like LinkedIn, and validate that they are real and not some stock photo with fake credentials.  Some ICOs are restricted based on where you live, how much you will invest, what currency you are using EUD, USD, BTC, ETH etc.  Some will give you a bonus depending on what you invest, if you are socially active, referral etc.  There are tons of projects out there and some good opportunities.  Find something you are passionate about or interested in and research ICOs in that area.

Sound advice! Lots of ICOs are in it to make a quick buck and run. Still there are lots who are legit trying to get something off the ground but may still fail. Do your homework before buying tokens and never forget that it's a gamble.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:13:50 PM

All post above me allready explain alot what is ICO and how its work, you just need to know every details about that project before try to invest in it, dont buy cat in the bag  Wink and never get fooled for fast profit or that ponzi lending platform ICO.
NLO

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:31:02 PM

ICO-program to promote tokens on the market (signature, twitter, facebook)

ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:24:35 PM

ICO - is the release of tokens by any Internet company or a start-up to finance future costs when launching and promoting the project in the form of cryptocurrency,for example bitcoin.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:41:31 AM

Hey guys!

ICO is usually offered by the developers where their goal is to raise funds to develop the project they do in this case is a digital coin and bitcoin is the digital currency
Maian

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:48:05 AM

Hey guys!

Is a abbrevation of initial coin offering. It means theres someone investor some unit of a new crypto-token in exchange againts cryptocurrency like bitcoin or ethereum.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:11:08 AM

It stands for Initial Coin Offering, and is similar to an IPO, whereby instead of company shares, the company offers tokens to investors in the hope that these tokens will rise in value. However, there are many ICO's taking place nowadays and it is best to buy in to one with caution.

BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:14:17 AM

Hey guys!

Basically it's a fund raising event for startup, a little bit similiar to IPO but in ico the buyer doesn't own part of the company. They only buy the coin that can be used in the company platform ecosystem. A lot of ico accept bitcoin, ethereum and other crypto, they are going to make a crypto project so it's a given that they want bitcoin to get started.

Tomohisa

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:20:37 AM

Hey guys!

Initial Coin Offering, plenty blog explain about this already.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: