Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:58:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO help  (Read 265 times)
klub88

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:30:37 AM

ICO is Initial Coin Offering, ICO is one of the ways for new developer(startup) to get participation from the public. ICO will create whitepaper. In a whitepaper develover will give you information about the project, objectives, project team, how much money the project requires, how many coins are made to offer, timing token sale, and others. and you must know ICO dont have relationship with BTC
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:32:33 AM

Also to add, an ICO is often used interchangeably with "token sale", which is what it essentially is. For regulators, the term "ICO" ("ïnitial coin offering") is too close for comfort to "IPO" ("initial public offering", the process of taking a company public to trade its shares on stock exchanges) which has prompted some countries to treat token sales as equity offerings and block or hinder them as a result. ICOs generally don't give away company equity, just tokens to be utilized in their future product.

So, if I buy a token in ICO, I don't buy a part/share of that company as it would happen in IPO? Then what's in it for me.. I mean just the tokens to be used in their future product and funding their business (while they make millions) doesn't sound fair..

Have I got this wrong?

Correct. You are essentially crowdfunding the business idea or a new project, in the hopes that the product is built, the project is successful, and the tokens you own appreciate in value to give you a return on your investment. That's the hope. No one (okay maybe some, but very few) buys tokens just to be able to use them up later... Most token buyers hope for a big break for the token/coin they've invested in to profit from it in future.
So the ICO model is what I think is a modern ponzi scheme, and I think the countries need to regulate the ICO.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:32:58 AM

ICO means Initial Coin Offering this is the release of any tokens by any company or a beginning to support future costs when launching/promoting the project in the form of cryptocurrency,for example Trendit tokens or Viberate token.
rhyoanime

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 07:48:02 AM

Hey guys!

Can someone pls explain to me what does ICO means and what is its relationship with BTC exactly?

ICO itself is a fundraiser for building applications related to Blockchain and its implementation such as bitcoin, smart contract, and smart ledger. Many developers use this method to raise funds to develop their projects.

its connection with bitcoin is due to invest in ICO. we use bitcoin and now many are using another coin.

EMPC  Token
EMPIREHOTELS (EMPC) used for business, hotel ,Room booking
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ? face Book  Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:12:32 PM

Also to add, an ICO is often used interchangeably with "token sale", which is what it essentially is. For regulators, the term "ICO" ("ïnitial coin offering") is too close for comfort to "IPO" ("initial public offering", the process of taking a company public to trade its shares on stock exchanges) which has prompted some countries to treat token sales as equity offerings and block or hinder them as a result. ICOs generally don't give away company equity, just tokens to be utilized in their future product.

So, if I buy a token in ICO, I don't buy a part/share of that company as it would happen in IPO? Then what's in it for me.. I mean just the tokens to be used in their future product and funding their business (while they make millions) doesn't sound fair..

Have I got this wrong?

Correct. You are essentially crowdfunding the business idea or a new project, in the hopes that the product is built, the project is successful, and the tokens you own appreciate in value to give you a return on your investment. That's the hope. No one (okay maybe some, but very few) buys tokens just to be able to use them up later... Most token buyers hope for a big break for the token/coin they've invested in to profit from it in future.
So the ICO model is what I think is a modern ponzi scheme, and I think the countries need to regulate the ICO.

Well, not all token sales are ponzi schemes. Some set very reasonable hardcaps that allow them to collect just enough funds to deliver the product. But you are entitled to your opinion of course.
Svandis

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:38:41 PM

Hey guys!

Can someone pls explain to me what does ICO means and what is its relationship with BTC exactly?

Initial Coin Offering. You can also find another acronym that might embarrass you - TGE means Token Generation Event Smiley Both means that company/project sell their coins/tokens to rise funds to create/develop their products

https://svandis.io/
▲ SVANDIS ⇔ TOKEN SALE Q2 2018 ▲
▲TIMING IS EVERYTHING  ⇔ ALL DATA - ONE PLACE ▲
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: