Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:45:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Altcoin with Fiat or other Altcoin?  (Read 149 times)
dominover (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:31:09 PM

Do cryptocurrency exchanges generally charge more for the exchange from FIAT money to Cryptocurrency than they do when
trading cryptocurrency for cryptocurrency?

For example, Independent reserve charges .5% when buying crypto with FIAT.  But is it generally the same again if I buy
say Altcoin with Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

Do cryptocurrency exchanges generally charge more for the exchange from FIAT money to Cryptocurrency than they do when

For example, Independent reserve charges .5% when buying crypto with FIAT.  But is it generally the same again if I buy

Bittrex/Poloniex only charge you maker/trader fees, which is less then 0.5% for sure.

I believe both of them add up to 0.3%/0.4%, which is definitely better then what you're being charged now.

https://bittrex.com/fees Bittrex - 0.25%

https://poloniex.com/fees/ 0.15% /    0.25%

dominover (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:23:12 PM

Bittrex/Poloniex only charge you maker/trader fees, which is less then 0.5% for sure.

I believe both of them add up to 0.3%/0.4%, which is definitely better then what you're being charged now.

Thanks for that information!  What I'm trying to understand is, are the fees generally higher for the initial buy in from fiat currency to crypto, or are the fees generally the same no matter where you start (that being from fiat or crypto)?
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:01:01 AM

Thanks for that information!  What I'm trying to understand is, are the fees generally higher for the initial buy in from fiat currency to crypto, or are the fees generally the same no matter where you start (that being from fiat or crypto)?

This is fees you must pay every time you exchange ( no matter what crypto coins or fiat you use). And this fees are calculated for both of seller and buyer.
kuberayt

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:09:52 AM

There will be fees regardless of where you go. FIAT if you're trading with someone locally, but I mean if you're buying bulk it's just easier to do the usual with altcoin / btc trades and accept the costs.  Roll Eyes
pandukelana2712

Activity: 728
Merit: 1005

BountyPortal Supporter & Hhampuz is my manager

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:57:36 AM

I think that fee is for their service. For fiat to cryptos, this mean your invest/exchange your fiat to cryptocurrency, there's some fee for service.
But for more, if you trade from cryptos to another cryptos currency, it's call Cryptocoins trading, and yes, there is need some fee to serve for trade.
Actually, fee for trade is cheap than fee for invest.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 07:11:43 AM

Depends on the exchange, which exchange are we talking about here?

There will be fee deducted when you buy ALTs using BTC. The fee % varies among exchanges.

This comment is so vague it's not helpful.

There are two types of fees that you could incur.

(1) The fee charged by an exchange for the service they are providing; will be a set % of the transaction amount.

(2) The fee charged by miners to confirm a transaction on the blockchain; will be a variable nominal amount in Bitcoin that's set by the person initiating the exchange.

If you work with an exchange you'll pay both fees. The amount of each fee is totally dependent on the exchange you use.
yadwoa69

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:08:22 AM

Mose exchanges charges 0% fees on crypto deposit and withdrawals , but for fiat, they need to charge a higher fees, sometimes due to chargeback or the service rendered by third party financial services.
iagyei259

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:09:42 PM

Withdrawing to fiat currency has high fees because the exchange need to pay third parties service fees. And the exchange be a profit making business pass on the cost to traders.
codebread

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:10:36 PM

You can earn cryptos on bounty campaigns and then exchange them for other crypto, otherwise you will need fiat to begin with something
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: