Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:00:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the future of bitcoin with these high fees?  (Read 496 times)
trolliban

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:06:17 PM

$20 fee for a $120 payment!
These fees make using bitcoin unpractical. When people stops using it, Bitcoin should start losing its value... Some believes bitcoin will gain value because it is considered as virtual gold and a kind of investment even if it loses its "Money" feature.

Is bitcoin going to get fixed and make itself an easy and cheap payment method again?

Whats the wallet you are using ? I recommend to use electrum you can set your own fee on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:09:46 PM

Hello author you know it's not fairy tale and it's life where something can be not as you want. I think in the future this problem will be maximal solved of course not free transaction but minimal!
It is true. we just have to be patient for longer, which is important secure transaction. I'm sure the current solution for that is being prepared. so, as long as that bitcoin is less effective to use as micropayment, more suitable for investment and commodity.

CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:12:37 PM

I think in the future the charge between each Bitcoin transaction will fall back to the original level. The reason for the increase in Bitcoin fees is due to the fact that there are too many Bitcoin sellers when the exchange rate is up to $ 19,000. Once the exchange rate has stabilized, the transaction fee will not be as expensive as it is now. So you are confident to invest in Bitcoin because 2018 is expected to be the boom year of cryptocurrency.  Wink

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:42:03 PM

If the transcation fee keeps on increasing it might discourage some bitcoin holders. It might become a threat so I believe it will be solve soon. No one would ever wanted to transact with high fees anyway. Will it be possible that there would be no transcation fees anymore?

CryptoVance

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:07:22 AM

Bitcoin high transaction fee is the biggest problem people are dealing with right now. if that problem is not fixed it will definitely kill bitcoin.
Crypto_Happy_Sad

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:14:51 AM

It should definitely be a common man coin rather rich man coun!
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:23:54 AM

It's so hard to accept if the fees are really high,when the fee is high i do transaction like 0.004 btc with 0.002 fees so that is not good for me and if that is the fee i think i will do transaction if i have big btc like i withdraw 0.05 btc,Moreover i think we don't have the right to object that so still bitcoin can brings so much conveniece even the fees are high.

Crypto_Happy_Sad

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:13:40 PM

Yes ,its definitely affecting the small investors,if we have a fraction of btc and half of the fraction goes away as part of transaction fees what are the small investors left with??
kriptotr

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:15:38 PM

$20 fee for a $120 payment!
These fees make using bitcoin unpractical. When people stops using it, Bitcoin should start losing its value... Some believes bitcoin will gain value because it is considered as virtual gold and a kind of investment even if it loses its "Money" feature.

Is bitcoin going to get fixed and make itself an easy and cheap payment method again?

Fee is not everything in bitcoin. Bcashers are attacking bitcoin blockchain by generating micro spam transactions to block the network. They know most of the fee will return to them because they have mining power in bitcoin too.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:25:37 PM

That's really quite high for just 120$ transaction. If that continues, only those big transactions are not affected by high rates and in fact, the transaction speed is still the same. That's really unfair for those who only transact a penny over the bitcoin blockchain. I think, it can be a downside to bitcoin that lead to push away some users and investors.

ctyptoinvader

Activity: 173

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:32:04 PM

The future is hard forks with lower commissions and higher miner profit. For example, Segwit2X hard fork has all chances. Here's the link https://b2x-segwit.io/
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

Not a bright one. I think bitcoin will be replaced by other coins at some point that does not charge so high.
Jonshackleton

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:06:17 PM

It's a very interesting situation as fees have indeed increased and now we are seeing Bank like activity rather than community led. Thus i think we
all went to decentralisation rather than centralisation. So no one individual, or group, could manipulate things. Of course on the cost of purchasing they can't be selling on or even exchanging - well they're making a fortune. We moved away from banks because of such activities but we are lucky.

We know the market and it's becoming more competitive as we speak. Ethereum is now looking like a bargain as people turn away from the high fees
involved in Bitcoin (Maybe the BITOINGREED will come next) and turn away. This will have a significant sway and, hopefully, create reduced fees or die over time, as people look to the alternatives.

Here in the UK we took up this type of trading later than many other Countries, well some of us did. Solid platforms to buy from are also stipulating the market place CoinBase is great but way to limited and then you have China's Binance, which i can't stand. We need a solid platform that trades via all these new Cryptocurrencies and a wallet to boot. I like Exodus but that still has limits and at one point i had four different wallets and three platforms, a full time job.

Then we have IOTA a very interesting prospect but so is ripple, although owned by the very people we wish to remove - Bankers
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:06:54 PM

Bitcoin core team working for this problem. She trying to add lightning network, bitcoin cash try replace original bitcoin with increasing size of block 2mb 4 8 and more, but its cant be contentious infinitly

Cholo003

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:14:12 PM

People are creating this so called hard fork to solve the problem that is coming with Bitcoin most specially its high fees and transaction speed. Soon Bitcoin will lose its dominance to around 25% in the near future. Just like in any kingdom the King is getting old and soon a prince will emerge in the cryptocurrency kingdom.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:14:13 PM

I think in the future the charge between each Bitcoin transaction will fall back to the original level. The reason for the increase in Bitcoin fees is due to the fact that there are too many Bitcoin sellers when the exchange rate is up to $ 19,000. Once the exchange rate has stabilized, the transaction fee will not be as expensive as it is now. So you are confident to invest in Bitcoin because 2018 is expected to be the boom year of cryptocurrency.  Wink

Stop giving advice. That is not why the fees are so high. Sellers aren’t so much the problem as the miners are. Miners are able to choose which transactions they confirm, which will naturally gravitate towards users setting higher fees, but the problem is rooted in the way that miners are rewarded in the first place, not how the sellers set the fees. They wouldn’t have to pay high fees if there was a hard cap on the cost of transactions.

If this problem isn’t corrected, there won’t be any demand for bitcoin in 2018 to become “the boom year”. Paying a $10 fee for a $6 cup of coffee isn’t what Satoshi Nakamoto has in mind, I’m sure.

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:17:10 PM

Surely it is not very glorious if continued like this. I mean come one the fees are really off the charts and no one is there is who isn't complaining about it. People will have aggression against the bitcoin fee structure and it may not be good for the crypto currency as whole. People may think of switching the bitcoin to Ethereum or may be some other currency.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:22:41 PM

Hello author you know it's not fairy tale and it's life where something can be not as you want. I think in the future this problem will be maximal solved of course not free transaction but minimal!
It is true. we just have to be patient for longer, which is important secure transaction. I'm sure the current solution for that is being prepared. so, as long as that bitcoin is less effective to use as micropayment, more suitable for investment and commodity.
maybe they have made some solution within this but the fact about it there are less users so eventually if the users of bitcoin may increase they would rather to have less fee if that may happen but this was just an speculation.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

Recently there was hardfork and it will change something or even everything. Just wait a little. Happy holidays!
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:27:00 PM

i hope bitcoin is still going upp it can be use bitcoin without internet connection..is surely helping others to know about bitcoin especially poor people cannot afford to pay internet..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: