Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:42:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the future of bitcoin with these high fees?  (Read 496 times)
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:33:14 PM

$20 fee for a $120 payment!
These fees make using bitcoin unpractical. When people stops using it, Bitcoin should start losing its value... Some believes bitcoin will gain value because it is considered as virtual gold and a kind of investment even if it loses its "Money" feature.

Is bitcoin going to get fixed and make itself an easy and cheap payment method again?
Perhaps the commission for transactions will become cheaper after the acceptance of Segwit2x. Perhaps the commission for transactions will become cheaper after even more people start investing in bitcoins. But do not focus only on bitcoins. There are so many other interesting and promising currencies. People just do not know about them.

pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:55:32 PM

These fees make using bitcoin unpractical. When people stops using it, Bitcoin should start losing its value... Some believes bitcoin will gain value because it is considered as virtual gold and a kind of investment even if it loses its "Money" feature.

Is bitcoin going to get fixed and make itself an easy and cheap payment method again?
that is the question in my mind.  Why are the transaction fee is so much expensive some of experts says it's because of lack of miners it's affected the blockchain and the transaction span
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:38:45 PM

It is possible that the higher fees we're experiencing right now is because of the miners probably taking a vacation due to holiday season, another reason is that there could be some group of people trying to sabotage the network. Bitcoin is currently moving sideways because people tend to buy it now then convert it to altcoins. Once the implementation of lightning network takes place, it will be another wild ride to the moon.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 06:00:33 PM

Nowadays People are really worried about the bitcoin fees as it is getting higher many times during the high demand period which is not a good thing for treaders and participants like us who are doing bitcoin activities and trading the bitcoin on a smaller scale basis. But yes I think these problems will soon get cleared staffs and any individuals are working on these and it will take some time to implement.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:18:01 PM

Higher fees tends to constant increase in bitcoins price and its trendiness. We all know that bitcoin is growing significantly right now and we cant deny that almost every person is greed to earn bitcoin and so the fees are so high. I think the fees we paid for is what the miner gets.
CryptoMaskNL

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:20:05 PM

Bitcoin is not for small payments. Other coins are better in that.
I see bitcoin more as value storage like gold.
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:31:07 PM

As of right now, it seems that Bitcoin’s biggest benefit is as a store of value because of the fees and transaction times. The fees have gotten so high that I think people are reluctant to use Bitcoin as a method of payment. My understanding is that there are some improvements in the works that will address the issue of high fees and slow transactions for Bitcoin. But for now, it seems that the name recognition of Bitcoin is enough to keep it as a valuable commodity to hold as a store of value
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

... I do think there is still some level of attack going on the network causing the slow down we are experiencing today.

I suspect some miners are gaming the system by making spam transactions that fill the lower
fee tiers (e.g. sub 50 satoshi/byte). By doing this they bloat the mempool, which causes badly programmed
wallets to provide really high fee recommendations.

Many people have no clue that they can use a custom fee and therefore are often
paying way higher fees than necessary.

These spam attacks aren´t even that expensive, because the miners collect a large share
of the transaction fees that a spam attack costs anyway.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:06:05 PM

Commissions for Bitcoin transactions are now really very high, and many people criticize him for it right now. However, the network of lightning has already been successfully tested, which somewhere from New Year the developers are going to introduce into bitcoin and so soon such shortage of bitcoin should be lost. At the same time, bitcoin will become very fast, since it will no longer be necessary to wait for confirmation of the transaction and it will be possible to transfer small amounts at which transactions will use commission less than one dollar. Therefore, this problem must soon be resolved.
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:13:10 PM

The future of bitcoin with this high fees is bitcoin will be powerful to all nations intire the whole world because the price of bitcoin gives income to all people who embrace bitcoin. Bitcoin is getting popular because the higher income that can give to every bitcoiner especially the traders and investors feels comfortable to bitcoin.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:35:36 PM

It is even same with VISA cards, they charge quite a good amount of dollars as transaction fees. So blaming bitcoin alone is kinda pointless. Anyways bitcoins high fees can be quite troublesome sometimes but like for smaller transactions that kind of fees is quite high compared to when the transaction is of a big amount.Due to  Bitcoins high fees people have started moving towards altcoins as well. Maybe the fees will go down in the future.
LilW7821

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:15:14 PM

With such high value of bitcoin now a days will bring great fortune to the users and will bring great benefit  for the users. If it reach to 20k it will become more popular among people and demand of it will be more higher
LANZ777

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:22:24 PM

There is a big future of bitcoin to this high fees  now, that bitcoin will be a famous currency to all the world. As bitcoin now is very expensive people are curious now to bitcoin that maybe the world will go to a cashless society because people will look for the value of bitcoin that is worth it. The future of bitcoin is based on its price, that bitcoin now is very expensive and interesting and so many are attracted to bitcoin now. Everyone is about to focus now to have bitcoin. That for only 1bitcoin is equivalent to 1million.
AlexInTheOcean

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:47:52 PM

Future is not a bright that's for sure, Bitcoin will last as it is for not long till another coin will beat it.
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

AGATE

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:02:51 PM

We all know that the cost of bitcoin needs to be corrected. We hope to have a solution in the coming 2018, or it will hurt the development of the bitcoin itself.
Bitcoin price will be correct in 2018 because huge increase of price happen last month ago. Maybe the development of bitcoin have solution to change our future in the world of crytocurrencies.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
LilW7821

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:13:36 PM

The way bitcoin is moving forwards I think it has great impact on  lifestyle of the users if the way demands are higher then I think future of bitcoin seems more brighter then what people are expecting
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:49:38 PM

everyone has this problem of paying high rates, I was angry myself these days because I paid 0.002 btc of fee and as if that was not a big loss I had to pay a 1% fee and I had to pay another  $25 of the rate, I transfer  $1000 for my country and I pay  $200 of fee... it would be very good if they solved this question of high fee to minimize my situation

These fees make using bitcoin unpractical.

if you transfer money to your visa card, you pay a very large fee. $350 and they charge a fee of $30

one day these problems will be corrected

We are facing this problem of high charges for long time now and honestly it has not affected bitcoin in anyway. As far as the price of Bitcoin is rising and investors are earning huge profit out of it, there is no way that Bitcoin is going to die.

Keeping this thing in mind that there are high fee and timing issues, people still want to have Bitcoin in their wallets and as you said this problem will be solved one day.
Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:45:31 PM

The thing that is being overlooked is that the fees are based on block sizes mined, not on the quantity of coins generated within those blocks used for the transactions. I don't think this will be fixed and in the future it might cause the circulation of BTC to reduce because people will only make transactions for big quantities so that the fees will not be felt.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:04:50 PM

I see this high fees as a debacle to the growth of bitcoin because it is going to give some altcoins the opportunity to rise. Investors would seriously start searching for alternative coin to transact with and they are already doing that with litecoin and ethereum.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:33:33 PM

it's not broken and the miners are loving these high fees

2/3 of the code in BTC Core has to do with mining and the LN network
is introducing hubs that is really just another name for banks so we can
now be ripped off in ways we have not even thought about.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: