Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana coins in 2018  (Read 895 times)
t3hpwnographer (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 12:58:12 PM

Which marijuana-related coin(s) do you think will take off as more legalizations kick in next year? I put together a list of the ones I could find on CoinMarketCap and compared their ties to the industry that could make them more successful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2658296.0

It would be pretty easy to go with the current top 5, but maybe there's a sleeper or two in the mix?
lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:12:20 PM

Which marijuana-related coin(s) do you think will take off as more legalizations kick in next year? I put together a list of the ones I could find on CoinMarketCap and compared their ties to the industry that could make them more successful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2658296.0

It would be pretty easy to go with the current top 5, but maybe there's a sleeper or two in the mix?

Let me ask the obvious question here -- why in God's name do you need a cryptocurrency to pay for marijuana, when it's legal? Why not just pay for it with fiat? You'd think the essence of marijuana cryptos would be to keep transactions under the radar. What is the point of a "weed" coin once it's legal?

Is it just so the pot heads can feel like they have some grip on, or portion of the crypto community? You can toke up, play video games, eat cheetos, and proclaim your blockchain prowess!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't get it.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
nunzio2012

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

I think those marijuana coins doesn't have future.

If I want to buy weed, I will just use LTC or Monero. Why the hell I will exchange to special coin??

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:17:15 PM

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/payments-platform-alt-thirty-six-integrates-dash-cannabis-sector/

Alt Thirty Six, a digital payments platform, has announced that it will integrate the cryptocurrency Dash as a method of payment. Arizona-based Alt Thirty Six will provide a new solution,
the 36 platform, that enables businesses to accept Dash, rather than absorb cash handling or card fees.

Alt Thirty Six will first tackle the American legal cannabis industry, where legally compliant dispensaries across the US will integrate the payment platform directly, or white label it.

2018 will be the year that Dash breaks into the USA legal cannabis industry in a major way.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
desciglio2

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:38:23 PM

Marijuana coin's only name is beautiful but I say 'Marijuana may be disappointing'. Let's see what will happen?  Smiley

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:50:33 PM

Let me ask the obvious question here -- why in God's name do you need a cryptocurrency to pay for marijuana, when it's legal? Why not just pay for it with fiat? You'd think the essence of marijuana cryptos would be to keep transactions under the radar. What is the point of a "weed" coin once it's legal?

Is it just so the pot heads can feel like they have some grip on, or portion of the crypto community? You can toke up, play video games, eat cheetos, and proclaim your blockchain prowess!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't get it.

you are not alone my friend.
and it is because there is no logical relationship between these cryptos and cannabis industries! since they have never been used for that a purchase of any kind. people may have used anon coins such as Monero and Zcash or even the least anon coin of all: bitcoin but they don't really use Marijuana coins to buy weed Cheesy

but this is altcoin market we are talking about. they have got pumped for reasons less than this. it won't be a whole year of fun and profit but it will be a short time of big pumps.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 01:52:32 PM

I don't get it.
I think one important thing to note is that even though marijuana may have been legalized by the state, it is still illegal on the federal level (at least in the US). There are plenty of web-based businesses in the marijuana industry that can't necessarily work with cash, and the hazy state of legality may put a number of people off from using credit/debit so cryptocurrency fills that gap nicely. So while it may not be completely necessary, I think it's a good layer of security for something that's still possibly very risky.

Also, a few of the weed coins are setting up platforms for marijuana businesses that get shunned by more "mainstream" platforms. They can't advertise with Google or Facebook, so DopeCoin's Smoke Exchange could be a great option for them.
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 01:57:57 PM

If I want to buy weed, I will just use LTC or Monero. Why the hell I will exchange to special coin??
A couple of them have/intend to have special relationships with dispensaries that would give you bonuses for using their coin. Though the point of my list is to compare coins that are clearly meant to appeal to potheads; I'm definitely not saying any of them are better than other privacy-focused coins.
mdenys

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:00:57 PM

Marijuana coin  Cheesy lol  This blockchain rush is getting more and more crazy.There's no need special coin for buying it,99.99 % of people getting it for fiat.Another useless coin for speculations.
ciacio84

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:25:49 PM

We only lack the coin to shit

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:28:44 PM

what is the meaning. i mean what is the relation between marijuana and blockchain technology. If they want to make anonymous payments on blockchain they can use bitcoin instead or a faster altcoin. I dont think these coins have a future.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:00:43 AM

Is it just so the pot heads can feel like they have some grip on, or portion of the crypto community? You can toke up, play video games, eat cheetos, and proclaim your blockchain prowess!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't get it.
I think one important thing to note is that even though marijuana may have been legalized by the state, it is still illegal on the federal level (at least in the US). There are plenty of web-based businesses in the marijuana industry that can't necessarily work with cash, and the hazy state of legality may put a number of people off from using credit/debit so cryptocurrency fills that gap nicely. So while it may not be completely necessary, I think it's a good layer of security for something that's still possibly very risky.

Also, a few of the weed coins are setting up platforms for marijuana businesses that get shunned by more "mainstream" platforms. They can't advertise with Google or Facebook, so DopeCoin's Smoke Exchange could be a great option for them.

Actually the problem is banking. Most banks, being national and not state based, are unwilling to risk working with dispensaries (even medical ones) right now, which has resulted in most dispensaries becoming cash only as POS became impossible, especially once Square started refusing to process indirectly. Here in Oregon, that all happened right around the time Sessions took office (shocking, I know). Altcoins, specifically DASH, could solve the problem (google "alt thirty six" if you're interested in specifics). I know the weed named coins want to be that coin, and in some markets I think they are established to some degree--or it's all marketing and nobody is--but either way my money is on DASH to take on that role, at least initially, as the alt36 people have been setting up a POS system and trying to make agreements for over a year now (unless that is also marketing). However, in the log term, I think any stable coin with a fast confirmation cycle can easily take on that role...
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:10:40 AM

Marijuana coins are going to die mostly in my opinion as legality problem is gone in 1st world countries.
Also their developments are relatively worse than other coins' I don't plant to invest, ever.
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:12:42 AM

I think those marijuana coins doesn't have future.

Most people will prevent that kind of altcoin grow in the market, there is no so much community and supporter in the back of such kind of project.
However i will never say that altcoin will grow in the market. Need to buy marijuana them use fiat.
franklinrichards

Activity: 239
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:22:23 AM

may be slightly increased from the previous year. but when you want to use it as an investment in the long term I think it would be much more promising.
pavlem

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:46:17 AM

Have future for pump and dump. Nothing else.
ChrisCross86

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:53:59 AM

From my point of view, there is no reason why a dope grower should use this coins. Every crypto is ok to transfer money. The technique of this coins is only average. I would recommend to invest in something with a solid product and not in shitcoins only related to a booming industry.
HeadshotDel

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:08:53 PM

There is one guy - George. YT: CruproR-US.
Said he likes marija coin industry and besides Hemp, Dope, Pot, and Cannabis there is one more very promising coin.
It is super low market cap and price. And quote: "has their shit together, they are making their partnerships already, doing all the right things and yet no one has paid attention to them"
They came out in 2017. Might be Growers Intl? He said he will disclose it later.
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 10:24:58 PM

There is one guy - George. YT: CruproR-US.
Said he likes marija coin industry and besides Hemp, Dope, Pot, and Cannabis there is one more very promising coin.
It is super low market cap and price. And quote: "has their shit together, they are making their partnerships already, doing all the right things and yet no one has paid attention to them"
They came out in 2017. Might be Growers Intl? He said he will disclose it later.
That definitely sounds like Growers International. None of the other marijuana coins that came out in 2017 have been very active at all while GRWI is making new partnerships and advancements. Also has a very low market cap (currently ~$4 mil) and a super low supply (just over 1.1 mil) that make it pretty attractive.
jpday5203

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:54:29 AM

Could it also be Paragon? Seems to fit aforementioned criteria too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: