Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will my account still exist?.....  (Read 123 times)
TaKlarPH (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:09:12 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 02:57:05 PM by TaKlarPH

Question for the the veterans or even for the moderator who can access and do everything here in our forum.

Iam planning to stop or take a rest for a while because its holiday I feel like taking a break for a while. So my question is

•Can I stop being active for a month will my account be safe?or I need to post on the day of update so the highest user or the one who can do things here can know that the user is still active?

note: I answered a question here at meta before and the process of posting on the day of update was my solution so account will be saved, this is only what I see but I want to know from the olders ones the global moderator will be do. Sorry for asking to much because I want to know straight from the people who can do this things and know or maybe even experienced it.

I really want to know because I want to rest just planning but I want to earn and learn more because I think if I stop I wont learn more the same time earn an extra.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:19:13 PM

If you want to earn activity, then you can't take a break, though potential activity can be earned with periodic posts. Otherwise, if you just want to have the account preserved, you can stop posting.

TaKlarPH (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:34:06 PM

If you want to earn activity, then you can't take a break, though potential activity can be earned with periodic posts. Otherwise, if you just want to have the account preserved, you can stop posting.

If I stop posting? I think there is a possibility of my account being banned base on the past post I read the user stop posting for years and so banned account. But maybe there was something else, just to be sure so I ask a question here.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:35:17 PM

If I stop posting? I think there is a possibility of my account being banned base on the past post I read the user stop posting for years and so banned account. But maybe there was something else, just to be sure so I ask a question here.
Yeah. If your past posts have something shitty (excessive spam, copying and pasting) then for sure you'll be banned. But that's independent of your activity so if you have nothing that breaks the forum rules then you're completely fine with leaving your account.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:45:20 PM

You are probably thinking about the hack which occurred in 2015. Accounts which didn't log in after that hack have been locked. They just need to sign a message from an old address and the account will be unlocked by a mod.

Your account will not be banned for just being idle. If you have infringed any other rules then you might be banned because of them, but not for being idle. You could stop posting now and come back in a year and your account will not be banned.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: