Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I pull my money from exchanges for the fork?  (Read 201 times)
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:46:25 PM

Its better to hold in a wallet rather than keeping your funds on a exchange, some exchanges will support some might not so its better to hold in a wallet where you have control to the private keys.

jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:54:06 PM

Hey guys,

I believe I already know the answer, but I want to make sure...

Should I pull my money from the exchanges (bittrex and Binance) and put it in my cold wallet for the fork to make sure I get the b2x coins?

It's currently on profit trailer's bot mercy, but I will sell them and convert to BTC if I must.

Thanks
Don't cry if those websites just shut down all of a sudden, that tends to happen to each website with enough BTC on it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
AlHaymon

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:11:57 PM

Does it matter if i have my btc in a segwit address wallet or a legacy address wallet for when the snapshot occurs?
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:25:13 PM

Hey guys,

Should I pull my money from the exchanges (bittrex and Binance) and put it in my cold wallet for the fork to make sure I get the b2x coins?

It's currently on profit trailer's bot mercy, but I will sell them and convert to BTC if I must.

Thanks

First of all, you put cryptos in a cold wallet dear, not money.
But if you mean a certain crypto then yes. You should.
I honestly don't trust exchanges since they cam always change their rules and regulations that might affect you a lot and may lead to losing all the cryptos that you have worked hard for to gain.

But, to be honest, i think that selling your crypto possessions just for the sake of getting free B2x coins is pretty stulid(no offense). If you really plan on doing this, you might as well invest it in promising alternative coins out there or great ICOs. This will surely give great profits. Because trust me man, B2x isn't worth all the hassle and the fees plus the potential profit if you hadn't touched your coins on the profot trailer.

These are just my opinions though, whatever it is you decide tondo is still in your hands.

Good luck pal.
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:26:12 PM

Does anyone know if segwit fork did happen today? It went off radar, also there are quite a few threads in the forum here. I know it is not a big thing anymore (as it was supposed to be), but still it is a fork and could influence bitcoin to some extend.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:33:09 PM

It is always best to have the keys for wherever your bitcoin is stored. Most exchanges will add the forked coins.

Yes but i hear that they charge a fee or might want your private key and making a new wallet and moving
your BTC back into it after you have exposed your private key may cost $45 in transaction fees.

Looks like BTC is becoming un trade-able with these fees that started the year at a few cents so
that's got to pull the price down or pop the bubble if you ask me

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:35:25 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks
you dont need to pull it out some exchanges support the fork, you just need to trade your alts into bitcoin and buy back again once the fork is done. but why do we really need to much fork? btcash and gold are there why so many fork to do?
razorseal (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:05:55 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks

First of all, you put cryptos in a cold wallet dear, not money.
But if you mean a certain crypto then yes. You should.
I honestly don't trust exchanges since they cam always change their rules and regulations that might affect you a lot and may lead to losing all the cryptos that you have worked hard for to gain.

But, to be honest, i think that selling your crypto possessions just for the sake of getting free B2x coins is pretty stulid(no offense). If you really plan on doing this, you might as well invest it in promising alternative coins out there or great ICOs. This will surely give great profits. Because trust me man, B2x isn't worth all the hassle and the fees plus the potential profit if you hadn't touched your coins on the profot trailer.

These are just my opinions though, whatever it is you decide tondo is still in your hands.

Good luck pal.

I don't think you understand...

Crypto, money whatever... it's a form of exchange, not going to calling it money is right or wrong.

To do bot trading, or daytrading, you have no option but to leave your stuff in an exchange. I'm sure you know that, but if you didn't you can't daytrade from your cold wallet.

I'm not selling my crypto posessions, it's my day trading stuff. if B2X were to take off like BCC did you'd literally make free money... Look at value of BCC now. but again, that's another topic.

I was primarily curious what people are doing to get free B2X. If I have 1 BTC and B2X turns out to be something good, I would have made some good money down the road.
razorseal (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:08:33 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks
you dont need to pull it out some exchanges support the fork, you just need to trade your alts into bitcoin and buy back again once the fork is done. but why do we really need to much fork? btcash and gold are there why so many fork to do?

It's of all the disagreement and the fact that nobody controls what happens. I agree BTC has become unusable for it's intended purposes (it makes me wonder how satoshi didn't think 4 transactions wouldn't be enough for mainstream). Problem is, there are so many variants of it now... BTG and BCC the two biggest. I think the alternatives are good enough for now, but I don't make those decisions.
Don911

Activity: 15
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:05:49 PM

From GDAX website:

"All GDAX users with a BTC balance at the time of the snapshot will be credited an equal amount of B2X. Users do not need to take any action and will automatically be credited with B2X into a new B2X balance in GDAX at the time of the fork."

I assume it's the same for Coinbase. The fork supposedly happened today at block 501451.

https://support.gdax.com/customer/portal/articles/2893011-bitcoin-segwit2x-fork-faq
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:23:05 PM

It is always best to have the keys for wherever your bitcoin is stored. Most exchanges will add the forked coins.

Yes but i hear that they charge a fee or might want your private key and making a new wallet and moving
your BTC back into it after you have exposed your private key may cost $45 in transaction fees.

Looks like BTC is becoming un trade-able with these fees that started the year at a few cents so
that's got to pull the price down or pop the bubble if you ask me

At the moment the transaction fee of the commercial sites are quite large, I think you should not withdraw capital will suffer a lot of losses. Currently bitcoin is down, this will be the opportunity to buy into bitcoin, you can DCA bitcoin if you have bought bitcoin at higher prices in the previous days. Keep bitcoin for 2018 because you will need bitcoin to trade with other altcoins or simply keep the bitcoin and wait for its value to go up.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: