Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanges  (Read 379 times)
raffal (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:15:39 PM

Which exchanges are the best for beginners and advanced traders . I live in US...looking for exchanges to open account with US dollars and exchange that.has many currencies to chose from not only 4 or 5 basic ones . I m waiting forever to get verified with bitstamp I.e . ...Kraken sucks....anything good out there .? Thanks
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:38:02 PM

Bitstamp is the next decent exchange I know after Coinbase (lol). Try bumping out your verification in their customer support and see if it helps. You can also check Poloniex and Bittrex out if you're also looking for a decent altcoin exchange in the future. Verification on exchanges nowadays are quite tricky due to the strict KYC regulations all around the globe. Wait it out or bump it in the customer service to get an explanation.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:53:47 PM

Kraken isn't that bad really but doesn't have a huge selection or alts. Coinbase doesn't really have any alt coins other than LTC, ETH and Bitcoin cash so probably not relevant. What sort of coins are you wanting to trade? The trouble that it tends to be all the shitty exchanges that offer the most alts like yobit etc and I tend to stay away from them for numerous reasons.
Avelache

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:42:19 PM

Interesting question, as I also need to chose a exchange. Or probably even some exchanges as I would like to buy a few alt coins. And I didn't see an exchange yet with 50+ alt coins. Or did I just miss it?

Does it matter if someone from the US picks a EU exchange (Bitstamp)?
And are there any exchanges where you can deposit with your creditcard and directly have the funds available?
cryptobmt

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:27:56 PM

New as well.  Thanks for the insight
HKGolden

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:25:43 PM

I would recommend Binance, it is very friendly for newcomers to the world of cryptocurrencies!
hamopipa

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:47:47 PM

I started with the Coinbase, but they only have 4 biggest currencies. I've transferred all of my coins from Coinbase to HitBTC (https://hitbtc.com/), because I like their interface and they have a lot of coins. Also, as I remember the verification process was not that hard.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:18:47 PM

Which exchanges are the best for beginners and advanced traders . I live in US...looking for exchanges to open account with US dollars and exchange that.has many currencies to chose from not only 4 or 5 basic ones . I m waiting forever to get verified with bitstamp I.e . ...Kraken sucks....anything good out there .? Thanks

Check the "Exchanges" sub-forum for discussion of different exchanges. You'll find lots of feedback (including complaints) there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0

With the likelihood of new regulations and stiffer enforcement of AML/KYC laws, I would stick to a licensed exchange for trading BTCUSD. For US traders, I'd recommend GDAX, Gemini or Bitflyer. I would stay away from Kraken and Bitfinex. Both of them (especially Bitfinex) have a regulatory black cloud over them.

I use Binance for altcoin trading. It's the only altcoin exchange I'm comfortable recommending right now.

I started with the Coinbase, but they only have 4 biggest currencies. I've transferred all of my coins from Coinbase to HitBTC (https://hitbtc.com/), because I like their interface and they have a lot of coins. Also, as I remember the verification process was not that hard.

You should consider keeping only a portion of your coins on exchanges. It's very risky to keep all of your coins online, and even riskier to keep them all on a single exchange. What if that exchange gets hacked? You'll lose everything.

hamopipa

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:00:32 AM

You should consider keeping only a portion of your coins on exchanges. It's very risky to keep all of your coins online, and even riskier to keep them all on a single exchange. What if that exchange gets hacked? You'll lose everything.
Of course, I know that. Currently, I am just playing around with a small amount of money, but when I decide to invest more I will start using the wallet. Thank you for the advice  Smiley
Avelache

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:54:31 AM

I also registered at HitBTC. I'm not sure if you had the same verification process as I had to fulfill? I had to send some information about myself and also documents to prove my address and bank account. And of course I had to download an app for the 2FA.
I have 2 questions about HitBTC:
1. Can I only start depositing (Fiat money) after my account has been verified? Cause it looks like I can't do anything right now.
2. And once I can deposit, can I then put money on my HitBTC account? Or do I directly need to buy some Crypto coin?
coinagelab

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:40:32 AM

Try binance,it is safe and has great UI
Anetta

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:22:34 AM

Interesting question, as I also need to chose a exchange. Or probably even some exchanges as I would like to buy a few alt coins. And I didn't see an exchange yet with 50+ alt coins. Or did I just miss it?

Does it matter if someone from the US picks a EU exchange (Bitstamp)?
And are there any exchanges where you can deposit with your creditcard and directly have the funds available?

Iam new to exchanges. I want to know how to exchange BTC for XRP
fluffykat

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:55:26 AM

I'm new too. Useful information here. Thanks.
ArxOn

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 10:17:31 AM

Finally got verified on Bitstamp, had to wait 3 weeks.

By far the easiest verification was on Bittrex.
Anonaneadone

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:23:49 AM

when i first got a bitcoin. i search for different exchanges and i finally see coinexchange.io. this exchanging site is so easy to use even if you are a beginner.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram   facebook   TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Avelache

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:58:50 PM

A lot of people suggest to use binance. Can I use fiat money on binance? Based on coinmarketcap.com it looks like I can not use fiat money...?
Jonshackleton

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:19:39 PM

Bitstamp is the next decent exchange I know after Coinbase (lol). Try bumping out your verification in their customer support and see if it helps. You can also check Poloniex and Bittrex out if you're also looking for a decent altcoin exchange in the future. Verification on exchanges nowadays are quite tricky due to the strict KYC regulations all around the globe. Wait it out or bump it in the customer service to get an explanation.

Great post although Bittrex have halted new user registrations for the time being they've been over loaded from what i hear.
Neurogress

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 04:31:55 PM

A lot of people suggest to use binance. Can I use fiat money on binance? Based on coinmarketcap.com it looks like I can not use fiat money...?

No fiat, it's cryptocurrency only
paolma

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:38:03 PM

If you're from the USA, definitely Bittrex, easy to use and many crypto available.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:43:21 PM

First you choose a coin then you choose an exchange .
But if I had to pick some ,they would be :
-Bittrex has lots of coins but has customer service issues (well, most exchanges do) .
-Binance supports most forks ,sometimes gives free coins and has low fees .
-Kucoin : lots of promising coins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: