Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should an airdrop ask for personal info?  (Read 116 times)
CryspRayz (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:30:36 PM

Hi. I never participated in airdrop so I don't know how it works exactly. Why would they ask you for full name? Is this normal? Are they gonna check who you are and why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
milhaop

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:34:08 PM

It depends what Airdrop are you talking about, can you share with us?

Thanks
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:36:21 PM

Hi. I never participated in airdrop so I don't know how it works exactly. Why would they ask you for full name? Is this normal? Are they gonna check who you are and why?

It's probably not normal but it would depend on the type of airdrop I guess. However, If they asked me for this info I would stay well enough away. A lot of these ICOs are scams and might just be trying to collect your info such as name and email addresses. I've heard lots of them sell this info on to other scams as well so be careful what info you give out. Don't reuse passwords either if they ask for them because this info could be used to hack into your email address or any other accounts associated with that email.
CryspRayz (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:51:59 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 06:04:42 PM by CryspRayz

This ICO is legit I am sure. Polymath. I'm just curious why they need to know my full name
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:48:27 PM

This ICO is legit I am sure. Polymath. I'm just curious why they need to know my full name

Why don't you ask them or just give them a fake one? I doubt they need to know your real name just like youtube or google don't but they still ask you. Whether you want to give them your real name is up to you.
RavRider

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:57:53 PM

Definitiv NO! For Airdrops you just have to give follow informations: Mail, eth adress, Telegram, BitcoinTalk Account and Twitter. I would never give my name, adress or my phone number. Create a seperat mail for airdrops, you will receive a lot of spam mails.
tudor_simion

Activity: 349
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:51:29 PM

It depends of Airdrop . It's your choice if you want to give them the real name . most of them ask for wallet address ,emaill address and bitcointalk.org username.

tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 08:06:55 PM

Depends on different airdrops. Airdrops like NXT just took snapshot will give ignis without asking any additional information. Your Airdrop coin team might need it.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
SevenSign

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:56:00 PM

Definitiv NO! For Airdrops you just have to give follow informations: Mail, eth adress, Telegram, BitcoinTalk Account and Twitter. I would never give my name, adress or my phone number. Create a seperat mail for airdrops, you will receive a lot of spam mails.

-this is definitely true. We must be careful. Most in our stage as a newbie so much need to learn, need to gain knowledge and need to gain tactics. This world is full of games, every step u made, must be need to search always.
Its our own safetiness.
Thank u so much for ur guidelines. We always owe it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: