Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Rig Problems.  (Read 160 times)
Ranger9202 (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:22:46 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 07:35:17 PM by Ranger9202

So... I know the title is dumb, but I'll explain.

Me and a friend of mine are building a 5GPU rig with 5 xfx 580 4gb, 1200w Chieftec Power supply, and motherboard http://prntscr.com/hthn8m
The problem occurs when I boot the system with 5gups. The GPUs start working, but windows ( win 10) never boots. I partially solved the issue, by removing 1 GPU, booting it with 4, and works perfectly, and then added the fifth, and again works well. But I tested it , and again, if I have to boot it with 5 gpus, it doesn't work. So its kinda impractical for me to remove than plug in the fifth one every time electricity goes down or the rig goes off...

Any suggestions? ( I haven't done anything to fix the issue as I don't know what to do )

P.S: I have the same setup on 5 rigs, all 5 have the same issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:10:39 PM

Me and a friend of mine are building a 5GPU rig with 5 xfx 580 4gb, 1200w Chieftec Power supply, and motherboard http://prntscr.com/hthn8m
The problem occurs when I boot the system with 5gups. The GPUs start working, but windows ( win 10) never boots. I partially solved the issue, by removing 1 GPU, booting it with 4, and works perfectly, and then added the fifth, and again works well. But I tested it , and again, if I have to boot it with 5 gpus, it doesn't work. So its kinda impractical for me to remove than plug in the fifth one every time electricity goes down or the rig goes off...

Any suggestions? ( I haven't done anything to fix the issue as I don't know what to do )

first off id prolly replace that cheieftec psu, secondly you didn't say what motherboard you have, just the lack of spec's in general no one will be able to give you a good answer

get yourself a good brand psu not some knock off crap

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Ranger9202 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:27:54 PM

first off id prolly replace that cheieftec psu, secondly you didn't say what motherboard you have, just the lack of spec's in general no one will be able to give you a good answer

get yourself a good brand psu not some knock off crap

There is ascreenshot of the motherboard.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:12:59 PM

Please if you asking for a help , provide the full system spec .
including what risers you are using , how you powering your risers , system memory , did you installed win 10 in legacy or uefi mode  , are you able to get into the bios setting when 5 gpu is connected to the mobo ? you see the bios post , but windows is not loading Huh

... booting it with 4, and works perfectly, and then added the fifth, and again works well. But I tested it , and again, if I have to boot it with 5 gpus, it doesn't work. So its kinda impractical for me to remove than plug in the fifth one every time electricity goes down or the rig goes off...

Are you plugging in the gpu when your system is powered up Huh?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Ranger9202 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:32:04 PM

Please if you asking for a help , provide the full system spec .
including what risers you are using , how you powering your risers , system memory , did you installed win 10 in legacy or uefi mode  , are you able to get into the bios setting when 5 gpu is connected to the mobo ? you see the bios post , but windows is not loading Huh

... booting it with 4, and works perfectly, and then added the fifth, and again works well. But I tested it , and again, if I have to boot it with 5 gpus, it doesn't work. So its kinda impractical for me to remove than plug in the fifth one every time electricity goes down or the rig goes off...

Are you plugging in the gpu when your system is powered up Huh?

risers: pce164p ver 007
16 x memory ddr4 2133 mhs
procesor inel celeron 1151 dual 3.3

Can see bios if I unplug 1 gpu

And yes on the plugging part ( its not me, im just helping my friend/cousin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: