Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: firstbits squatter  (Read 1570 times)
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:44:11 AM

dang it they got my name...

http://blockchain.info/fb/1frank

But now you can get it on a coin!  Eventually...

These addresses belong to me.  I wasn't really expecting anyone to catch on to those transactions in the blockchain, but I plan to use them on physical Bitcoins in the future.  They have been generated and stored offline, and will be air-gapped even to the point of printing them for usage.  Certainly, there is a risk in people trusting me, but I hope to build up a reputation as Casascius has done.  I think these coins will turn out quite nice with specialized and completely unique firstbits!

I've stopped generating them.  I found around 36k of a 151k dictionary.  I don't plan to generate any more - I have plenty for what I plan to do with them.  There are still a number of good patterns, names, and English words yet to be claimed.  I would love to see other people generating them and making use of other unique firstbits combinations.

Cam you or someone else please explain to me the methodology by which you got 0.00000001 transactions to register on the blockchain, assuming individual transactions for > 0.001 are not permitted.
It's total transaction size.  Since the change address was larger than the minimum requirement, then the whole transaction is allowed.  You couldn't (easily) spend the 0.00000001 BTC out of one of those addresses by itself, but send 1 BTC to it, and you can pull 1.00000001 out.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: