Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyway to speed up confirmations?  (Read 252 times)
samwolf (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:46:01 PM

Transferred 0.4018 BTC from HitBTC to Brittex before and it has been stuck on zero confirmations for 4 hours.

Is there anyway to speed this up?

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/address/17f3czgGfSo94DBLMok3ZZcaawF4q5nfr6/
whynotBTC

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:56:39 PM

No way bro. You would send from your Btc wallet so you can control the fee amount but now there is no way. Just wait.
https://blockchain.info/tr/unconfirmed-transactions
samwolf (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:09:28 PM

Showing now Cheesy
winteroxalis

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:00:44 PM

Each confirmation takes between a few seconds and 90 minutes, with 10 minutes being the average. If the transaction pays too low a fee or is otherwise atypical, getting the first confirmation can take much longer. Every user is free to determine at what point they consider a transaction sufficiently confirmed, but 6 confirmations is often considered to be as safe as waiting 6 months on a credit card transaction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:25:35 PM

There's a way to speed it up but it looks like your transaction has been confirmed.  In these times before you'll send a transaction make sure that you'll increase the fee to make it sure that you'll not get stuck in the network as miners are getting those transactions confirm only those who paid more than the recommended fee.

The way that I'm saying is to use www.pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:39:05 PM

Hello sir, I would like to buy a coffee

Ok, that will be $6

Ok, great. Now give me anywhere from 3-90 minutes for confirmation
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:46:51 PM

There's a way to speed it up but it looks like your transaction has been confirmed.  In these times before you'll send a transaction make sure that you'll increase the fee to make it sure that you'll not get stuck in the network as miners are getting those transactions confirm only those who paid more than the recommended fee.

I'm also using this tool but with so many people now using this tool, you need to come back here several times before your entry can be included to another round, there are a lot of similar tools like this in the service fee and they charge for fee in exchange for trust rating
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:50:54 PM

I guess the confirmation time depends on the block mined, but to be able to be included on that next block we must compete for the slot for the next batch of transaction to be confirmed.  We can do this by increasing the transaction fee so that miners will prioritized our transaction and include them on the next block.  but once we have sent the transaction, there is no way to speed up the confirmation because it is all depend on the block mining interval.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 10:54:14 PM

You could use an accelerator to speed it up, but if it is already confirming then you dont have many options.

Positivebetting
CryptoCurr

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:53:25 PM

Transferred 0.4018 BTC from HitBTC to Brittex before and it has been stuck on zero confirmations for 4 hours.

I think the only way to speed up the bitcoin transaction is by adding more transaction fee which is very painful.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:42:57 AM

I'm also using this tool but with so many people now using this tool, you need to come back here several times before your entry can be included to another round, there are a lot of similar tools like this in the service fee and they charge for fee in exchange for trust rating

There too many using this tool to accelerate and you must be one of the first people to use and put your TXID there every hour. Other accelerators do charge and some are legit and some aren't. I have tried those other paid accelerators and I found no hope with it or is it just because the network is in congestion so there are too many transactions that are in queue and those are getting confirmed first.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:47:01 AM

There's a way to speed it up but it looks like your transaction has been confirmed.  In these times before you'll send a transaction make sure that you'll increase the fee to make it sure that you'll not get stuck in the network as miners are getting those transactions confirm only those who paid more than the recommended fee.

i think it is disabled now.
i have a transaction that i needed to be confirmed with low fee and i have tried their tool a whole day long (12 hours or so) every hour which the limit resets and also every half hour to make sure, and it always tells me the limit is reached. before even in the most crowded times i could have got my transaction in one way or another but it no longer works.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
DyllanGM

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:04:07 AM

Ok, that will be $6

This is why its so difficult for bitcoin to be used as currency,  delayed transactions due to confirmstion.

Any way,  its best it you just wait,  if you are transferring small amount it would be impractical to pay more just for the speed.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:09:32 AM

Ok, that will be $6

Lol! That is the main roadblock for bitcoin to be accepted as a mainstream currency. The bitcoin network is entirely controlled and managed by the miners. So they do whatever they wish. This type of monopoly is not a good sign for the consumers. We are now forced to pay insanely higher fees to confirm our transaction. So in your post, for a $6 coffee the person will have to pay somewhere $9 in total including the fees and then comes the waiting time. That is the reason why people are moving to some other coins which are technologically superior that bitcoin.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:23:25 AM

Ok, that will be $6

Lol! That is the main roadblock for bitcoin to be accepted as a mainstream currency. The bitcoin network is entirely controlled and managed by the miners. So they do whatever they wish. This type of monopoly is not a good sign for the consumers. We are now forced to pay insanely higher fees to confirm our transaction. So in your post, for a $6 coffee the person will have to pay somewhere $9 in total including the fees and then comes the waiting time. That is the reason why people are moving to some other coins which are technologically superior that bitcoin.

I wouldn't say that the speed of transactions is the main obstacle for bitcoin to become mainstream currency. There are some other far more serious issues why bitcoin will never be mainstream, like high volatility, limited number and other.
Anyway, transaction speed is especialy issue for smaller users but also for businesses who are reluctant to accept bitcoin for that reason. Will biger and biger number of users and pressure on the network I don't see how this issue could be solved soon.

malaj
JohnHero

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:29:43 AM

As long as you can't control the fee amount you will use the ones the Exchange has set. The problem is that they put low fees in order to win money when they tax you higher fees than necessary. It took me 3 days to get my BTC in Binance... 3 days...
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:32:15 AM

Actually before sending any bitcoin, you will need to set up the fee.
Higher fee will make quicker confirmation. The miners will do the higher fee first.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:48:26 AM

It is pretty congested at the moment and because of the Hard Fork many had to sell or transfer their bitcoin to another wallet and I think many had done this, All you need to do is way and if the Hard Fork would be finish the developers had promised a much faster transaction but I guess if a new coin would be made then it will not be bitcoin that will benefit to it but the new Altcoin that is made because of it, It always happens a lot but let's just wait and see if this can be resolve.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:49:45 AM

It depends on how busy the blockchain is. If there are a lot of transactions pending, it might take a lot more than usual, and if the blockchain isn't busy it can be fast
edzquimno16

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:53:24 AM

To speed up your transaction you need to accelerate your TXID . But I think bitcoin transaction now is slow due to heavy usage and many users, Suggest to use TXID accelerator. Hope it helps !
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: