Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fork status  (Read 154 times)
ocesco (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:04:40 PM

Whats the current status of the fork?
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:38:33 PM

What fork? are you talking about segwit2x?

It's irrelevant and dead. It was since day 1. Now it seems some scammers have decided to try to bring back a dead horse in order to pump and dump it thanks to newbies thinking segwit2x, or any other fork for that matter, has any relevance or real chances of surpassing Bitcoin.

Don't pay any attention to it, the only think you should do is get the segwit2x coins and dump them. It has 0 impact on actual Bitcoin.
1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:10:39 AM

That's what they said about BCH

Nice free coins near 3k each now

Went from 5% of BTC value to as high as 22% now 18% or so

If it's BTC public likes

Since most can't afford original BTC the newbs are buying bch

I made a killing today following THE PROPHETS buys yesterday, whole make down but his 3 picks 12-22-30% up

He says BCH will soon close gap on BTC around 10k then both go to 50k

He said 5/50/500k BTC when it was $300

Some people just see it

I just listen and move into his plays

So it's free coin

If it hits exchanges it will do well

Would I buy it? HELL NO

But I'll take free forks when issued

So if you got coins you got free money today
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:51:10 AM

Not only is it irrelevant but because they popped up in such short notice and are new members I would say actively beware this could be a scam. I normally don't use that word and use it only because of what weird circumstances surround this coin. If the coin does not have replay protection don't claim it simple as that!

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:00:31 AM

It's irrelevant and dead. It was since day 1. Now it seems some scammers have decided to try to bring back a dead horse in order to pump and dump it thanks to newbies thinking segwit2x, or any other fork for that matter, has any relevance or real chances of surpassing Bitcoin.

Don't pay any attention to it, the only think you should do is get the segwit2x coins and dump them. It has 0 impact on actual Bitcoin.

Even taking them may be tricky. If these are scammers like you're saying it's possible the wallets will be bugged. I won't cash out my 2x until it's all 100% confirmed to be safe and tested. I'm not going to risk $14k to get $100.

So it's free coin

Would I buy it? HELL NO

That's how I see it. I'm always trying to hold at least some of those free coins and sell some to buy myself some treats on their account.
Could you start writing like a normal person and quit pressing enter after each sentence?
bitzzz

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:06:48 AM

An attitude is that BTC and BCH is complementary.  One suggestion online is to keep balance on both so to avoid too low value on any one.
nonak

Activity: 130

1PSVDDW6Qfjp9oQY73JMdTJDownJNEwmac

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:09:34 AM

Segwit2x has a meaning. It makes the block bitcoin two times larger.
 But so far it is unknown how successfully resolved the problem with the wallets was. Segwit2x was made too early and the problem with the wallets can occur later.

1PSVDDW6Qfjp9oQY73JMdTJDownJNEwmac
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:16:14 AM

Yes, i dont really support the bitcoin fork.
Bitcoin fork is not changing anything in the main bitcoin better. This is like game which is played by ocnum.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:12:54 AM

Even taking them may be tricky. If these are scammers like you're saying it's possible the wallets will be bugged. I won't cash out my 2x until it's all 100% confirmed to be safe and tested. I'm not going to risk $14k to get $100.

So it's free coin

Would I buy it? HELL NO

That's how I see it. I'm always trying to hold at least some of those free coins and sell some to buy myself some treats on their account.
Could you start writing like a normal person and quit pressing enter after each sentence?

I made further reading. Turns out the people behind this fork asked Jeff Garzik access to the segwit2x related accounts, he denied.

A lot of people got confused and thought Jeff Garzik and the rest of the people behind segwit2x last time went back at it and gathered for another attempt, this may have made the big blockers think they have another chance (never had a real chance) and this may have caused the selloff we've seen recently.

This fork is ultimately as irrelevant as it gets, the futures got pumped and dumped already, and there are no wallets.
Futurm

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:24:35 AM

With the exception of BCH, other forks have not heard anything about the forks, and the forks will eventually return to 0, with no exception.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: