Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 09:41:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS B250 MB Dual PSU Problem  (Read 165 times)
flip4flop (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:05:58 AM

I am running into an issue with my ASUS B250 Mining motherboard.

Everything was working fine with 3x 1070s on risers and a 1070ti plugged into the board itself.  I was running a 1000w GQ EVGA PSU.  I am expanding for more cards and purchased a EVGA 1000 G2 PSU to add with one additional 1070 for the moment.

I plugged in everything with PSU 1 powering the CPU, 1 GPU, SSD and the board into slot A and the other PSU into slot C (since PSU slot B is covered by the onboard card)

When I turned it on both PSU click as if they want to turn on however only the cards powered by PSU in slot C turn on.  The CPU, SSD and board remain off.

I swapped PSU sides and I can get everything to turn on except the onboard GPU which powers on but the fans shut stutter on and off for a second and the SSD never boots up.

Not sure where to start here.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 01:21:16 AM

place that 1070 ti on riser  , connect psu1 to slot A , and psu 2 to slot B , dont skip slot " B"

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
flip4flop (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:35:55 AM

No dice, Same issue PSU B turns on but nothing plugged into A turns on.  Just hear a click
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:16:25 AM

I am running into an issue with my ASUS B250 Mining motherboard.

Everything was working fine with 3x 1070s on risers and a 1070ti plugged into the board itself.  I was running a 1000w GQ EVGA PSU.  I am expanding for more cards and purchased a EVGA 1000 G2 PSU to add with one additional 1070 for the moment.

I plugged in everything with PSU 1 powering the CPU, 1 GPU, SSD and the board into slot A and the other PSU into slot C (since PSU slot B is covered by the onboard card)

When I turned it on both PSU click as if they want to turn on however only the cards powered by PSU in slot C turn on.  The CPU, SSD and board remain off.

I swapped PSU sides and I can get everything to turn on except the onboard GPU which powers on but the fans shut stutter on and off for a second and the SSD never boots up.

Not sure where to start here.

Hi Bro, would like to know if you use Add2psu cable for this? have you tried doing jumper trick on separate PSU leaving your old setup as is then adding only the additional GPU on PCIE slot. this is what I usually do, just ensure the separate PSU is powered on first then power on your system.
flip4flop (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:43:25 AM

I ended up unplugging everything and trying 1 GPU with my old PSU and everything worked.  Tried same thing with new PSU and heard a click but no power to anything.  Looks like the PSU is probably garbage.  Sending it back to Newegg and hopefull the new one will work.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:39:35 AM

I ended up unplugging everything and trying 1 GPU with my old PSU and everything worked.  Tried same thing with new PSU and heard a click but no power to anything.  Looks like the PSU is probably garbage.  Sending it back to Newegg and hopefull the new one will work.

There are psu's that dont work on some boards. I know its crazy but if you test then you will see what i'm saying, yeah best thing is to purchase another psu. Usually the corsair rmi series have the problem, evga is first time I heard.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: