Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Trading vs Stock Trading  (Read 427 times)
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:18:22 AM

Having been doing the crypto investing and trading for 2 months now. i am well into it.
i never ever really got into stock trading much, other then long term
or day trading stocks

what is the difference between crypto trading and day trading in stocks? would one be following a similar format?
what are the similarities and differences?

look forward to all your kind replies

Even me trading stocks and crypto's both swing and day trading for quite a few years. Now coming to the similarities both crypto and the stock market has an amount of demand, participation, volatility, momentum and the Chart patterns because the technical analysis works the same way in all the trading market. There is only few difference in the time period where the stock market is operated only on five days that too for a given period of time whereas the crypto market is traded 24hours a day for weekdays. And similarly, for day trading stocks particular index is available to gauge the sentiment where there is no Trading Index for cryptomarket.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:26:19 AM

Stock trading:
-limited volume
-limited volatility
-open 930-400 est
-closed on weekends
-trading halts, sec interventions
-unlimited shares that can be dumped
-regulations
-sudden jagged movements on news that are instantly locked down by banks and professional traders and there is no trending or room for daytrading.
-everything on one centralized exchange and no room for arbing or leading your trades based on a different exchange
-delayed and/or expensive market data
-nontransparency and deceit by companies.

There is no comparison.

60659 📦
ostap5511

Activity: 538
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

Trading in bitcoins,similar to how trades on the stock market are conducted by any other investment asset,requires some knowledge.
slashz9

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:51:00 PM

I think for now the profits that are mostly given are in the crypto be it trading or any investment. its difference may be investment in stocks more secure because or the institution or government that supervise.sedangkan in crypto no one oversee. apart from that I think invest in crypto for now this is a good choice because it can give a high return in time say 1 year. so I think it's safe as long as you know what you're doing.
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:15:17 PM

cryptocurrency is faster growing market and you may make crazy money here
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:09:46 PM

Crypto currencies is decentralized, so the up and down really only based on the supply and demand, so the price got no limitation and the volatility is very high, stock trading got somebody to control the price, so the price can't go crazy like in crypto, basically both of them are the same, you need to analyze, pay attention to the chart and everything, but the factor to determine the price is different

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:35:31 PM

cryptocurrency is faster growing market and you may make crazy money here

This is the great advantage of cryptomarket, well I do invest on stock market but my goal their is for long term because I know the price movements in stock market takes time so I focus more on cryptocurreny but for me both market will surely makes money for me in the future. Diversify your portfolio for a better result and to enjoy a lot of resources.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:42:11 PM

Trading with altcoins is much more profitable than just stock trading, but yes, you need to take care of everything because if you have a bad day, you can easily lose a lot of money.

But forex is only going to be profitable if you analyze EVERYTHING.

Otherwise, you are going to lose everything in there, and you need to take care of all the news of every week if you are investing a lot of money in forex, or stocks, or whatever you do.

freecastle

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:12:56 AM

I try both and clearly the crypto is much better, even if the stock market are nice too but it is much more "reasonable"
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:28:41 AM

Crypto trading is more volatility than stock so will be promising higher profit but also more risk than stock trading. In my personality i prefer crypto trading because mostly 90% of crypto is increasing from ICO price.In crypto we can make profit 10 times from initial investment just in a few month but this is not possible in stock market.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:46:06 AM

Crypto trading is more volatility than stock so will be promising higher profit but also more risk than stock trading. In my personality i prefer crypto trading because mostly 90% of crypto is increasing from ICO price.In crypto we can make profit 10 times from initial investment just in a few month but this is not possible in stock market.
They can compete in volatility, do you know how many black days in history stock markets have? I can`t speak about stock trading, I didn`t try it, did you? And how can we try it? I think all that bothering about becoming
stock market trader doesn`t worth a penny now, when we can sit in front of our computers and trade with cryptos, its all about numbers just different names, and you dont need to bother around at all. Look at the comments here most of us are home school, just effort and learning here about everything.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Viscore

Activity: 2996
Merit: 643

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:06:38 AM

I also like crypto trading because we can easily predict the price movement, it's more based on news and it's still young so
the price is more volatile. With the price volatility we will be able to have a chance to trade regularly and if we are good in trading we can maximize our income.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:11:26 AM

Personally I have often lost money with stock trading while I am making money with crypto trading. Somehow I can predict better prices in cryptos.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:21:24 AM

I think the crypto markets have 'true' price discovery. I also think this may dissipate with time as so many hedge funds and banks are getting into the space. 

The crypto markets are much more volatile than the conventional stock market with huge gains and losses within 24hrs. (Thats why day traders love cryptos)  An example of extreme price movement is when a crypto trades over the Bollinger band >8 days in a row. This is very rare in the conventional markets, but fairly common with the cryptos.

Now the conventional markets: The big banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citi, etc...) run high frequency trading algorithms and have been known to naked short stocks which is illegal. (But who's watching them? The SEC? LOL)  When they do get busted (which is fairly often), they pay a fine of ~20 million dollars... but they made 100 million before they got caught...
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:35:02 AM

I think the crypto markets have 'true' price discovery. I also think this may dissipate with time as so many hedge funds and banks are getting into the space. The crypto markets are much more volatile than the conventional stock market with huge gains and losses within 24hrs. (Thats why day traders love cryptos)  An example of extreme price movement is when a crypto trades over the Bollinger band >8 days in a row. This is very rare in the conventional markets, but fairly common with the cryptos.

Now the conventional markets: The big banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citi, etc...) run high frequency trading algorithms and have been known to naked short stocks which is illegal. (But who's watching them? The SEC? LOL)  When they do get busted (which is fairly often), they pay a fine of ~20 million dollars... but they made 100 million before they got caught...
I do not really know about Stock Trading, but I've heard many people say that it's too risky. When I explain this to someone else, someone says that I should not do it. Better to find a more definite business only. Too much risk and analysis and research needed. And in my opinion, cryptocurrency is better. Although they are not much different, but cryptocurrency is easier to do. That's because you can buy cryptocurrency freely and sell freely as well. Especially with the presence of Bitcoin and Ethereum, it makes economic growth easier. Not just day traders who love cryptocurrency, long-term traders also like it.
wayaneka

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:44:28 AM

Before jump in to crypto trading i has been in forex and stock trading in about 2 years but in fact i can not make profit consisten from that, and since i move to crypto long term trading i can make some profit with consistent and more easy to do it, just buy some good coin and hold it a few month. So i prefer to doing crypto trading than stcok because more easy to gain profit from it.

BatuhanU

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:49:25 AM

Crypto markets are much more volatile, but this can be a good thing if you know how to trade well. It's also much more speculative(right now) compared to well-known stocks. 24/7 trading is also a great advantage to crypto. Because it's still new and the big players haven't entered the market much, there is profit to be made from arbitrage between exchanges & market making large spreads. Also, we're on a strong bull run rn for the whole crypto market so it's not hard to make good profit.
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:48:57 AM

in crypto's trading you can get much profit than stock trading,
in crypto's any coin can growing up until 4000% in a year its amazing
arunka71

Activity: 410
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:58:15 AM

In cryptocoin, you always have the risk, that your exchange is hacked.

Most of the exchanges have slow rest apis.
mico

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:15:39 AM

i think the best advantage of crypto trading is that you can trade 24/24. It helps you can give your decision immediately. you have not to be wait likes stock trading.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: