Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.05 Ether tx fee, is ethereum going mad?  (Read 416 times)
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:26:58 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 05:51:47 AM by KingScorpio

ethereum wants to charge me 0.05 Ethere tx fee for a transaction and this is the cheapest possible option

what the hell is going on? this is 37.5 USD

sorry that there is no translation

Günstiger is german it means cheaper,

Schneller means Faster

regards

Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:33:23 AM

Whether you set up too expensive service fee, such poundage is obviously too expensive. Is the gas value unreasonable? Huh

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:36:58 AM

Whether you set up too expensive service fee, such poundage is obviously too expensive. Is the gas value unreasonable? Huh

it is,

what i am supposed to do with such a high fee and interexchange transfers are even cheaper something i am doing wrong

maybe its because i still didnt updated this wallet

regards

ZaynDale

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:38:31 AM

I haven't yet made any transactions through Ethereum so I think it depends on the amount you're about to send? I was planning to send some coins into Etherdelta but it says it will require only 0.002 for gas. Did I miss something else?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:45:26 AM

I haven't yet made any transactions through Ethereum so I think it depends on the amount you're about to send? I was planning to send some coins into Etherdelta but it says it will require only 0.002 for gas. Did I miss something else?

i have no idea what i am doing wrong

i want to get rid of this ethereum kryptokittis, and other hackers are breaking this network,

waves is always 0.001 and always fast also between exchanges, much better than this garbage

FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:47:12 AM

I think its the wallet that you are using that gives you give gas fee. Haven't made transactions lately but its never that high even when transacting more than 1 eth.

KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:49:58 AM

I think its the wallet that you are using that gives you give gas fee. Haven't made transactions lately but its never that high even when transacting more than 1 eth.

jes this is also for me unusual i also dont have even for ethereum such a high tx,

i have now updated the wallet and its still 0.05 ether this ethereum shit is broken i mean this is the wallet from the website ethereum.org

regards

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:51:48 AM

I checked ethergasstation and the gas price is just 8 Gwei that translates to 0.00017 tx fee. Your fee is way off.

Maybe you can open your address in MEW so you can control the gas that you use.
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:56:05 AM

I checked ethergasstation and the gas price is just 8 Gwei that translates to 0.00017 tx fee. Your fee is way off.

MEW no idea what that is,

if this is what ethereum is going to become i am reconsidering its value,

because you cant simply pay constructionworkers with this, when they have to be hobby computer hacker to be able to use this cryptocurrency

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 06:29:35 AM

Are you serious, that is ridiculous, I know the transaction fee on Ethereum has done up but not to that level, you can make use of other wallet which charge less transaction fee, I think something need to be done about these transaction fees generally

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:33:13 AM

Wow the ethereum tx fees are as expensive as bitcoin now.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:51:12 AM

Are you serious, that is ridiculous
I guess his serious about it and I find it unusual mate. MEW charging that seems legit but that's truly high and that's why we are using alternative method to send funds to avoid higher fees.
Did you paid that much or you just cancelled it?

It's not a bug and if that's the fee MEW is suggesting then you just have to try it some other time again.

because you cant simply pay constructionworkers with this, when they have to be hobby computer hacker to be able to use this cryptocurrency
It's the same with bitcoin for it's miners fee, you are getting it wrong mate.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:17:09 AM

Wow the ethereum tx fees are as expensive as bitcoin now.

And sometimes slower.. which is pretty damn bad considering the ETH ICO scam coin shills use to flood this place with comments about how it scales so much better and is cheaper to move etc.

Goes to show you how full of shit ICO/Scam supporters are here.  Cheesy

ETH = Scam (2014 Spoetnik)

FUD first & ask questions later™
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:23:11 AM

i never been in that situation before. it kinda weird to see ethereum charge a very high fees. is there something has been happen. or it might only you have this problem? in etherdelta i use only 4gwei for any transaction. cause i never care to has slow trade rather then losing to gas a lot.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:25:48 AM

I have never seen a standard Ethereum charge reach that high without somebody making a mistake with their transaction settings. You should always check somewhere like ethgasstation before you plan to send to get the most economical GWEI figure.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
ALTcoinBuzz

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:33:56 AM

You should check on Etherscan.io about txfees every transaction. I sent ETH by using 0,00001 fees  Grin Grin
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:49:13 AM

It is an ethereum wallet that is only browser based. Check myetherwallet.com , if you have a private key, you can open your wallet in there. I use it and I set lower gas to have lower fees.
sopromat

Activity: 353

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:50:41 AM

WOW, what the fuck? 0,05 eth for a single transaction? that is more than the eth that i have holding on my wallet, are you serious? a few weeks ago i sent a transaction and it costed me only $1 of fees.
This is insane
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:46:09 AM

It is an ethereum wallet that is only browser based. Check myetherwallet.com , if you have a private key, you can open your wallet in there. I use it and I set lower gas to have lower fees.
That will be the best thing to do to have lower fees. But the transaction will take too long to take effect so just expect a pending transaction for a few days.
Maybe next year there will be a fork to ETH.  Grin
jdbao

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:05:00 AM

On the one hand, you can set the gas and gas limit before your transfer, on the other hand, you should avoid to transfer when the Ethernet is very crowded. I have also spent a lot of transfer fees, so I went to find some articles to learn, so you can. In general, the tx fee of Eth is stil cheaper than Bitcoin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: