Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:55:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be the consequences of increasing demand to bitcoin?  (Read 510 times)
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:21:12 PM

Actually it's no consequences at all because we already experience the increasing demand of bitcoin,it's already the potential of crypto in the future demand of bitcoin and altcoins also are like this day price,It can handle at all even the blockchain this day we experience the high fees because of the demand of btc but after that they easy control the problem and it's back to normal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vmyuoyj

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:48:58 PM

Is there any negative effects to bitcoin if it becomes more popular than it is now?

negative effects will be is more expensive than now because demand make any thing expensive.

also network will be so busy and fee is so high.

voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:43:31 AM

Some of money value will fall like yen and dollar because we can exchange btc to any fiat now like in our country but it's good also to the economy who use crypto as a digital money,Moreover always think the positive here and continue what you doing in crypto because we don't have assurance in anything about crypto and it's more on investment tools than a value of anything like that.
I don’t think so, increase in the demand  for Bitcoin can’t cause any negative impacts on dollars and other currencies. One thing you have to understand is that Bitcoin is not a Currency, so every Investment that is made on bitcoin goes into real currencies, and that is mostly dollar. The only thing I’m sure will happen is that there would be an increase in price rate for Bitcoin, so it would be costly.
Lucifer777

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:48:13 AM

Facebook marketing does it work?
 I dont understand the connection between my personal page and my business page i get activity on my personal page but those friends dont seem to visit my business page. Is this just a rule for big business? Huh Huh
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:42:07 PM

Is there any negative effects to bitcoin if it becomes more popular than it is now?
Bitcoin is a future of cryptocurrency because it is famous among many peoples around the world it is going to be more famous there surely will be way to avoid the high transaction fees people will experience due to the increase in transaction rates.

Bitcoin is a very important currency for many people and they have built their primary income on bitcoins so they cannot be made more difficult to use and there will be a alternative to the problems people will face in the future.
DiscretePatriot

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:43:23 PM

In my opinion, I think it will affect the transaction fees and since there will also be more transactions, it might take even longer for them to get confirmed..
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:28:03 PM

When Bitcoin starts becoming increased in demand it will be quite interesting and there will be less fear about it; people will stop comparing it to Ponzi schemes and countries might even unban it. But the two negative consequences that it will bring  along is the high price; it will be too costly to purchase and also the transaction fee will be too high; I guess we won't be able to buy a cup of coffee with bitcoin then.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:06:31 PM

When Bitcoin starts becoming increased in demand it will be quite interesting and there will be less fear about it; people will stop comparing it to Ponzi schemes and countries might even unban it. But the two negative consequences that it will bring  along is the high price; it will be too costly to purchase and also the transaction fee will be too high; I guess we won't be able to buy a cup of coffee with bitcoin then.

High price is actually a good for bitcoin bro. You will get the bitcoin transaction fees also reduce now so no need to bother about the fees any more in the upcoming days. You may find some big fluctuatations in the bitcoin and ethereum.
So next some weeks will be takes bitcoin value increases more than all time value. However, you will be able to invest on point level value so invest the how much ever you have.
Zardonik

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:39:10 AM

I'm new to bitcoins, I want to know if success in trading depends on experience or skill.
Zardonik

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:50:46 AM

What is the probability that after the end of the bitcoins this crypto currency will not fall?
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:05:18 AM

I think it is not a complicated problem because the placuative price of the bitcoin depends only on the demand for the bitcoin. I say this will not be a complicated issue because I see from what the bitcoin investors often do that will make big profits when the price is rising high enough and in the end bitcoin will again decrease sharply and that kind of thing I think will happen on an ongoing basis whereby many people will make sales when the price is rising and then invest it when the price is at the lowest level. I think it would be an advantage for everyone doing an activity with bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
samtarly

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:31:16 PM

I don't know if there is a negative effects for the public but i believe only banks and financial institution are affected with rising popularity of bitcoin that is why many bankers are releasing negative statements against bitcoin.

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:48:48 PM

I don't know if there is a negative effects for the public but i believe only banks and financial institution are affected with rising popularity of bitcoin that is why many bankers are releasing negative statements against bitcoin.
There are two variations or areas which bitcoin would give affect which it would give affect to banking system and affect into itself. Going first on banking system it will surely affect it specially if cryptocurrencies would took up the lead when it comes on making transactions and other innovations that it would give but this thing isn't really possible because if banking system would adopt blockchain they would rather create on their own. When it comes on affecting itself then bitcoin increases its demand then we would able to see slow confirmation and high fees.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:19:05 PM

if you look at the increasingly popular effect of bitcoin, I think its price will increase higher due to the growing market demand, and it will be very difficult to find bitcoin because many people will try to find and save their bitcoin, transaction fee will increase and network transactions will get busier as many transactions will happen if bitcoin gets more popular, maybe there can be a tax withdrawal from the government for the income we earn from this virtual currency, just the guesswork
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:49:26 PM

if you look at the increasingly popular effect of bitcoin, I think its price will increase higher due to the growing market demand, and it will be very difficult to find bitcoin because many people will try to find and save their bitcoin, transaction fee will increase and network transactions will get busier as many transactions will happen if bitcoin gets more popular, maybe there can be a tax withdrawal from the government for the income we earn from this virtual currency, just the guesswork

This not only possible thing for bitcoin you will find the any commodity shows the demand and supply theory. They will find that concern product value will be bumped to the chart.
No as you said none of the government cannot able to stop the usage of bitcoin. Until the internet is live they cannot stop and they cannot make taxation on the bitcoin or any decentralized crypto currencies.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
chrmn27

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:47:12 AM

I guess, the consequence of increading demand of bitcoin is that it becomes too expensive to afford even a single bitcoin.
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:45:33 AM

The increasing demand to bitcoin will directly affect its price. Bitcoin price will definitely get high and maybe some who wants to invest cannot afford it. But for those who hold their investment in bitcoin will incur a huge profit if they will sell their bitcoin.
TWagner92

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:46:53 AM

I think we are now encountering the consequences of the increasing demand. The fees in transacting bitcoin is very high plus the confirmation process is very slow right now.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:11:00 AM

I think if bitcoin is more popular than it now can affect the bitcoin value itself, because if almost everyone uses bitcoin then maybe the price of bitcoin can go down even though the price can be more stable because people are familiar with bitcoin transactions for everyday purposes.
Slims

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:46:04 PM

I am sending this message from the year 2025. Things are looking bleak here, and some of you will carry blood on your hands.

If you don't believe me, please move on, as I have no way of proving to you I'm really who I claim to be.

I don't want to waste any of your time, so I'm merely going to explain what happened.

On average, every year so far, the value of Bitcoin has increased by about a factor ten. From 0.1 dollar in 2010, to 1 dollar in 2011, to 10 dollar in 2012, to 100 dollar in 2013. From now on, there's a slight slowdown, as the value increased by a factor ten every two years, to 1,000 dollar in 2015, to 10,000 in 2017, 100,000 in 2019, and 1,000,000 in 2021. From here onwards, there's no good way of expressing its value in dollars, as the dollar is no longer used, nor is any central bank issued currency for that matter. There are two main forms of wealth in today's world. Land and cryptocurrency.

There are just over 19 million Bitcoin known to be used in the world today, as well as a few hundred thousand that were permanently lost, and we're still dealing with a population of just over 7 billion people today. On average, this means the average person owns just under 0.003 bitcoin. However, due to the unequal distribution of wealth in my world, the mean person owns just 0.001 bitcoin. That's right, most of you reading this today are rich. I personally live next to an annoying young man who logged into his old Reddit account two years ago and discovered that he received a tip of 0.01 Bitcoin back in 2013 for calling someone a "faggot" when he was a 16 year old boy. Upon making this discovery he bought an airline ticket, left his house without telling anyone anything and went to a Citadel.

"What is a Citadel?" you might wonder. Well, by the time Bitcoin became worth 1,000 dollar, services began to emerge for the "Bitcoin rich" to protect themselves as well as their wealth. It started with expensive safes, then began to include bodyguards, and today, "earlies" (our term for early adapters), as well as those rich whose wealth survived the "transition" live in isolated gated cities called Citadels, where most work is automated. Most such Citadels are born out of the fortification used to protect places where Bitcoin mining machines are located. The company known as ASICminer to you is known to me as a city where Mr. Friedman rules as a king.

In my world, soon to be your world, most governments no longer exist, as Bitcoin transactions are done anonymously and thus most governments can enforce no taxation on their citizens. Most of the success of Bitcoin is due to the fact that Bitcoin turned out to be an effective method to hide your wealth from the government. Whereas people entering "rogue states" like Luxemberg, Monaco and Liechtenstein were followed by unmanned drones to ensure that governments know who is hiding wealth, no such option was available to stop people from hiding their money in Bitcoin.

Governments tried to stay relevant in my society by buying Bitcoin, which just made the problem worse, by increasing the value of Bitcoin. Governments did so in secret of course, but my generation's "Snowdens" are in fact greedy government employees who transferred Bitcoin to their own private account, and escaped to anarchic places where no questions are asked as long as you can cough up some money.

The four institutions with the largest still accessible Bitcoin balance are believed to be as following:

-ASICminer - 50,000 Bitcoin

-The IMF's "currency stabilization fund" - 70,000 Bitcoin

-Government of Saudi Arabia - 110,000 Bitcoin

-The North Korean government - 180,000 Bitcoin

Economic growth today is about -2% per year. Why is this? If you own more than 0.01 Bitcoin, chances are you don't do anything with your money. There is no inflation, and thus no incentive to invest your money. Just like the medieval ages had no significant economic growth, as wealth was measured in gold, our society has no economic growth either, as people know their 0.01 Bitcoin will be enough to last them a lifetime. The fact that there are still new Bitcoin released is what prevents our world from collapse so far it seems, but people fear that the decline in inflation that will occur during the next block halving may further wreck our economy.

What happened to the Winklevoss twins? The Winklevoss twins were among the first to die. After seeing the enormous damage done to the fabric of society, terrorist movements emerged that sought to hunt down and murder anyone known to have a large balance of Bitcoin, or believed to be responsible in any way for the development of cryptocurrency. Ironically, these terrorist movements use Bitcoin to anonymously fund their operations.

Most people who own any significant amount of Bitcoin no longer speak to their families and lost their friends, because they had to change their identities. There have been also been a few suicides of people who could not handle the guilt after seeing what happened to the bag-holders, the type of skeptical people who continued to believe it would eventually collapse, even after hearing the rumors of governments buying Bitcoin. Many people were taken hostage, and thus, it is suspected that 25% percent of "Bitcoin rich" actually physically tortured someone to get him to spill his password.

Why didn't we abandon Bitcoin, and move to another system? Well, we tried of course. We tried to step over to an inflationary cryptocurrency, but nobody with an IQ above 70 was willing to step up first and volunteer. After all, why would you voluntarily invest a lot of your money into a currency where you know your wealth will continually decline? The thing that made Bitcoin so dangerous to society was also what made it so successful. Bitcoin allows us to give into our greed.

In Africa, surveys show that an estimated 70% of people believe that Bitcoin was invented by the devil himself. There's a reason for this. It's a very sensitive issue that today is generally referred to as "the tragedy". The African Union had ambitious plans to help its citizens be ready to step over to Bitcoin. Governments gave their own citizens cell phones for free, tied to their government ID, and thus government sought to integrate Bitcoin into their economy. All went well, until "the tragedy" that is. A criminal organization, believed to be located in Russia, exploited a hardware fault in the government issued cell phones. It's believed that the entire continent of Africa lost an estimated 60% of its wealth in a period of 48 hours. What followed was a period of chaos and civil war, until the Saudi Arabian and North Korean governments, two of the world's major superpowers due to their authoritarian political system's unique ability to adapt to the "Bitcoin challenge", divided most African land between themselves and were praised as heroes by the local African population for it.

You might wonder, what is our plan now? It's clear that the current situation can not be sustained, without ending in a nuclear holocaust. I am part of an underground network, who seek to launch a coordinated attack against the very infrastructure of the Internet itself. We have at our disposal about 20 nuclear submarines, which we will use to cut all underwater cables between different continents. After this has been successfully achieved, we will launch a simultaneous nuclear pulse attack on every densely population area of the world. We believe that the resulting chaos will allow the world's population to rise up in revolt, and destroy as many computers out there as possible, until we reach the point where Bitcoin loses any relevance.

Of course, this outcome will likely lead to billions of deaths. This is a price we are forced to pay, to avoid the eternal enslavement of humanity to a tiny elite.

This is also the reason we contacted you.

It doesn't have to be like this. You do not have to share our fate. I don't know how, but you must find a way to destroy this godforsaken project in its infancy. I know this is a difficult thing to ask of you. You believed you were helping the world by eliminating the central banking cartel that governs your economies.

However, I have seen where it ends.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: