Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:55:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Handmade African Bitcoin Keychains  (Read 3548 times)
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:14:23 PM

My address is 18j7VDYhePaYCqUmSo8JgjpybpsgvJwfdb - feel free to go through my Bitmit or Coingig stores if you'd like escrow.

I can easily send it via DHL with tracking, it will take 1 or 2 working days to Zimbabwe. Courier service will cost $23 bringing the total to 0.31BTC.

Just sent 0.31btc to that address. Send me the DHL tracking via PM when available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sir Lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:28:47 PM

Who at Great Zimbabwe University would you like this addressed to? PM me that info if you like.

I'll send it off and provide your DHL tracking number as soon as Benjamin finishes making it. That should be Tuesday or Wednesday at latest.

jarhed

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:22:58 PM

Not sure really Huh..............Oh!, send to Mr Lawrence Chikwanha, he's the Librarian.
Also, if you can, make a note stating I'll love to donate but unable to locate Great Zimbabwe University's bitcoin address.........or something to that effect. Smiley
Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:56:17 AM

Will do!

How about if in the note, I include a link to a good introductory website for Bitcoin? www.weusecoins.com or www.bitcoin.org - there's also an app I've heard of that allows you to accept Bitcoin donations from any site. Can't recall the name right now...

I've messaged Benjamin, he'll make it tonight. I'll take a pic when I go collect it from him.

jarhed

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:18:18 PM

How about if in the note, I include a link to a good introductory website for Bitcoin? www.weusecoins.com or www.bitcoin.org - there's also an app I've heard of that allows you to accept Bitcoin donations from any site. Can't recall the name right now...

Yea, sure.
And a BTC currency conversion rate chart................like this--->>> http://coinmill.com/BTC_calculator.html#BTC=1
Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:49:48 PM

You got it.

Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:10:20 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 06:03:52 PM by Sir Lagsalot

Right, I just handed the keychain over for courier delivery. They'll send me the tracking number tomorrow and I'll PM that.

I included the following note:

Dear Mr. Chikwanha,

Please accept this beaded keychain, handmade in South Africa and sent to you at the request of a friend of your University.

The B symbolises Bitcoin, a new form of digital currency which offers substantial advantages over traditional fiat currencies.

Your friend abroad recognises the value of learning and so would love to donate (via Bitcoin) to Great Zimbabwe University.

These Bitcoin donations could be exchanged for fiat currency, used to purchase a variety of goods and services online or
invested in the expectation of further appreciation in the Bitcoin price (at this time, 1 Bitcoin is worth roughly $100 USD).

To set up a Bitcoin "wallet" in order to receive donations, please refer to the following introductory website:

https://www.weusecoins.com/en/

To check the value of Bitcoin against a variety of currencies, kindly consult the following site:

http://coinmill.com/BTC_calculator.html#BTC=1

Finally, if you wish to interact with African Bitcoin enthusiasts, perhaps to ask questions, conduct business
or set up an exciting learning project for students, please visit this forum:

http://www.bitcoins.co.ke/forum/index.php

Warmest regards from the Bitcoin community!

Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:35:07 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 05:09:51 PM by Sir Lagsalot

Here's a pic of Benjamin with a smaller BTCeadchain in red.

This is perhaps a more practical pocket-size, although I prefer the original orange and gold colours.

From now on, the default BTCeadchain will be the smaller size pictured above but with the original gold BTC and orange border.

The price of this smaller version is The price for the original larger one remains

Benjamin can do just about any size and colour (even different designs including fairly complex 3D objects) so please specify if you want something different.

atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:16:13 AM

you have some really cool stuff, i saw them on your Coingig store, what else do you sell? it would be cool to sell local items from Zimbabwe.
jarhed

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:58:18 AM

I included the following note:

Dear Mr. Chikwanha,

Please accept this beaded keychain, handmade in South Africa and sent to you at the request of a friend of your University.

The B symbolises Bitcoin, a new form of digital currency which offers substantial advantages over traditional fiat currencies.

Your friend abroad recognises the value of learning and so would love to donate (via Bitcoin) to Great Zimbabwe University.

These Bitcoin donations could be exchanged for fiat currency, used to purchase a variety of goods and services online or
invested in the expectation of further appreciation in the Bitcoin price (at this time, 1 Bitcoin is worth roughly $100 USD).

To set up a Bitcoin "wallet" in order to receive donations, please refer to the following introductory website:

https://www.weusecoins.com/en/

To check the value of Bitcoin against a variety of currencies, kindly consult the following site:

http://coinmill.com/BTC_calculator.html#BTC=1

Finally, if you wish to interact with African Bitcoin enthusiasts, perhaps to ask questions, conduct business
or set up an exciting learning project for students, please visit this forum:

http://www.bitcoins.co.ke/forum/index.php

Warmest regards from the Bitcoin community!

AWESOME!!
Item is now at sort facility HARARE - ZIMBABWE according to DHL tracking.

jarhed

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:02:02 PM

Here's a pic of Benjamin with a smaller BTCeadchain in red.

This is perhaps a more practical pocket-size, although I prefer the original orange and gold colours.

From now on, the default BTCeadchain will be the smaller size pictured above but with the original gold BTC and orange border.

The price of this smaller version is The price for the original larger one remains

Benjamin can do just about any size and colour (even different designs including fairly complex 3D objects) so please specify if you want something different.

Yea, orange and gold best reflects BTC gold standard.
Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:46:01 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 06:04:39 PM by Sir Lagsalot

you have some really cool stuff, i saw them on your Coingig store, what else do you sell? it would be cool to sell local items from Zimbabwe.

Thanks! I can also sell handmade African items like necklaces, bracelets and earrings for women.

I'm going to investigate selling custom sewn / embroidered items - these will be more exciting than they sound, I'm thinking of custom Bitcoin designs and "fuzzy flashers."

I also hope in future to offer a range of South African sweets.

As it happens, I have a contact who travels regularly to Zimbabwe. He can bring items like Zim banknotes, wood, stone & leatherwork, etc. Or let me know if there's anything special you'd like from Zim, I'll make a plan to get it for you. [edit - I see the Mbira, a traditional African instrument which is like a cross between a piano and a harp, selling on Amazon for way too many Dollars. I bet I could get those instruments made by the same Shona tribespeople for a whole lot less in Bitcoin.]

Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:50:38 PM

AWESOME!!
Item is now at sort facility HARARE - ZIMBABWE according to DHL tracking.

Great, I'm sure this will create a lot of curiosity about Bitcoin!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: