Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ethereum make transaction information public?  (Read 116 times)
5ToMessager (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:34:22 AM

I use ethersan(https://etherscan.io/), and just input my address, then every transactions show. Why Ethereum don't need authorization to access user's info? Is it any benefit to do so? I think if someone know my address(maybe have trade with me once) and pay enough time, he can figure out who i am in real world, and even find my secret by analysing my transactions.
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:39:29 AM

Maybe you don't know much about blockchain, blockchain transactions are public, you can check randomly, you can buy some relevant books to learn about blockchain knowledge.
5ToMessager (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:53:25 AM

Maybe you don't know much about blockchain, blockchain transactions are public, you can check randomly, you can buy some relevant books to learn about blockchain knowledge.

i have read some document, and blockchain should have this function to controll which part of ledger is visible for a particular user.(https://www.coursera.org/learn/ibm-blockchain-essentials-for-developers/lecture/eMOaR/requirements-deep-dive). And bitcoin did enable this function.
5ToMessager (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:03:25 AM

I believe that digital currency will be a important payment for even daily life. At that time it's not hard to relate someone with his address, then if all the transactions is public (you can find them just using a address), it's horrible I think.
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 10:24:37 AM

I use ethersan(https://etherscan.io/), and just input my address, then every transactions show. Why Ethereum don't need authorization to access user's info? Is it any benefit to do so? I think if someone know my address(maybe have trade with me once) and pay enough time, he can figure out who i am in real world, and even find my secret by analysing my transactions.
Because Ethereum is a public blockchain it's a blockchain that can be read by anyone in this world and anyone in the world can participate in the consensus. Public blockchain are generally considered to be “fully decentralized” and this corresponds to Ethereum to be decentralized platforms that runs smart contracts "applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship and fraud"

5ToMessager (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:39:57 PM

Because Ethereum is a public blockchain it's a blockchain that can be read by anyone in this world and anyone in the world can participate in the consensus. Public blockchain are generally considered to be “fully decentralized” and this corresponds to Ethereum to be decentralized platforms that runs smart contracts "applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship and fraud"

But could it just encrypt the detail of the transaction?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: