Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:23:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flattr-like functions in Bitcoin-qt  (Read 1249 times)
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:18:22 PM

I would like some Bitcoin-flattr-like functions in Bitcoin-qt. Then the only thing that would be missing would be sites who have these "widgets" or rather "html/javascript markup" that enables me to click on a button easily on their site("one click" gets registered for a site in Bitcoin-qt for an address x). Then at the end of the month, Bitcoin-qt asks me "Would you like to send your Bitcoin-flattr now to the addresses specified in this list y?". I press yes and I sit back, relax and enjoy myself for clicking on "yes" Cheesy

Some others had the bad luck of having to program all this  Grin

Please link to a relevant thread that has already been opened on the topic. Couldn't find any Sad

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:28:24 PM

Bitcoin-QT is just the very Basic Client and more important a full node.

It's important to have a client that just gives access to the very core functions of the protocol and that maintains the Bitcoin Network (Storing the Blockchain, Validation and relaying Block & transactions).

That's what Bitcoin QT is for. What you propose belongs IMO in an alternative client.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
System

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:01:34 AM

There is always Flattr, in which you can now fund with Bitcoin ?
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:09:54 AM

There is always Flattr, in which you can now fund with Bitcoin ?
Just found out totally randomly this: https://github.com/ins-pirat-ion/bitcoin_monthly_contribute

Unfortunately I have zero experience with ruby, so I don't know if I can make this run.
Yes I use flattr, but since I among others flattr Bitcoin people, they probably want it in Bitcoin and that makes the most sense.

Flattr allows you to fund your account with Bitcoin. Though creators can only get "fake money" and not Bitcoins, so flattr needs to do something about this. Let the creators get Bitcoins.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:04:18 PM

https://github.com/ins-pirat-ion/bitcoin_monthly_contribute = ruby scripts. I use Ruby 1.9.1.
I think it's the beginning of good btc-flattr software Smiley

Hard to install but I got it working after 3 days, so now it works nicely Smiley

The ruby script
Code:
add_btc_address_to_subs_or_single_donations
collect addresses when clicking Bitcoin buttons like those found on http://coinwidget.com/ and let's you choose if you want to flattr for this month or flattr permanently.

At the end of the month you manually run bitcoin_monthly_contribute.rb to do the payments to the recipients. It connects with either
Code:
bitcoin-qt -server
or
Code:
bitcoind
through RPC implemented in Ruby.

Itcher

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:49:08 PM

Hey

i love this idea.

Flattr is so easy - just load it up and spend via browser-button. Why can't bitcoin don't do the same?

In my sight it must be easy - connect the wallet to the browser, create a nice button like "Donate", make the thing compatible to apps, produce a compatible code for content-offerer and -- go Huh

-- asks someone who has not a bit of knowledge about the IT-Wabble-Dabble, but is Bitcoin-Enthusiastic and likes to dream
BlueTemplar

Activity: 164

Gone for a minute now back again

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:17:09 PM

So, how come this excellent idea still hasn't taken off?

Consider the potential : you could have a much better way to support content creators and websites than paid advertising or Google Play-like walled gardens.
corebob

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:40:56 PM

Flattr is a nice way to contribute money so I like the idea.
For a client like bitcoin-qt though I think it would make most sense to create a plugin architecture, and make the Flattr function a plugin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: