Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:56:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple will increase the Circulating Supply!!  (Read 660 times)
mcfit84 (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:48:01 PM

Ripple will increase the Circulating Supply. Maybe tomorrow or in half a year. Who knows.

But the result would be if they increase the Circulating Supply from 38% maybe to 76% the price will fall to 50%.
toastyhamster

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:08:37 PM

I'm sure they'll have a plan for how many to release so the price doesn't dump overnight.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:25:34 PM

I'm sure they'll have a plan for how many to release so the price doesn't dump overnight.

That's beside the point. The point is that you and your potential Ripple investment solely depends on what they will do, as they can do anything. Or even the US government could force them.

Which is one of the problem Bitcoin and virtually every altcoin that followed solved; using a decentralized and trustless system.

Not your keys, not your coins!
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:33:39 PM

Ripple will increase the Circulating Supply. Maybe tomorrow or in half a year. Who knows.

But the result would be if they increase the Circulating Supply from 38% maybe to 76% the price will fall to 50%.

That would be a good pump for Ripple if that truly happens. It's also a good move for other altcoin developers to follow suit because many developers right now are hanging in a stand still since the bitcoin price surge has happened last month. That move, unfortunately, didn't help at all because many altcoins are on the verge of dying out, if not just being stagnant and not gaining any value. Also, this is a good thing for Ripple holders, and the many altcoin holders in general because many are already losing faith.

masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:35:13 PM

Ripple is a good altcoin...
And for supply, i think that is will be increase after week 1 Jan 2018

-= OI =-
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:40:47 PM

Seriously folks?  This is old news.  Ripple put 55B XRP into escrow with a plan to release 1B into circulation each month for the next 55 months.  Ripple has been very transparent about its plan and stuck to its word.  When it put the 55B into escrow, the price went up, because it added credibility to Ripple.  It allows investors to accurately predict supply.
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:50:36 PM

That's beside the point. The point is that you and your potential Ripple investment solely depends on what they will do, as they can do anything. Or even the US government could force them.

Which is one of the problem Bitcoin and virtually every altcoin that followed solved; using a decentralized and trustless system.

This is valid for every coin with infinite or coin with outside supplier like DOGE, USDT and so on.

For example, Bitfinex just printed 100 000 000 new USDT Cheesy Do you think they 'have it in reserve'?!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:52:21 PM

Ripple is a centralized scam, See they are free to do whatever they want, Increasing the circulating supply, What would you do if someone increased bitcoin's circulating supply?
Seriously folks?  This is old news.  Ripple put 55B XRP into escrow with a plan to release 1B into circulation each month for the next 55 months.  Ripple has been very transparent about its plan and stuck to its word.  When it put the 55B into escrow, the price went up, because it added credibility to Ripple.  It allows investors to accurately predict supply.
Where did they get 55 billion? I'd bet that they generated 55 billion by few clicks Cheesy
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:54:04 PM

Pretty sure if they just increase the supply it will destroy the coin's value and peoples trust in the coin with it. Maybe it will pave the way for Lumens.
mcfit84 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:01:56 PM

Seriously folks?  This is old news.  Ripple put 55B XRP into escrow with a plan to release 1B into circulation each month for the next 55 months.  Ripple has been very transparent about its plan and stuck to its word.  When it put the 55B into escrow, the price went up, because it added credibility to Ripple.  It allows investors to accurately predict supply.

Thanks for the info.

This means we have an inflation of about 2.6 percent/month. 31 percent/year.  This is huge.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:07:09 PM

indeed but why i think the rate of this highly promising altcoin i think now the price will be lower but i hope the dev team know what are they doing.
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:09:48 PM

Ripple is a centralized scam, See they are free to do whatever they want, Increasing the circulating supply, What would you do if someone increased bitcoin's circulating supply?
Seriously folks?  This is old news.  Ripple put 55B XRP into escrow with a plan to release 1B into circulation each month for the next 55 months.  Ripple has been very transparent about its plan and stuck to its word.  When it put the 55B into escrow, the price went up, because it added credibility to Ripple.  It allows investors to accurately predict supply.
Where did they get 55 billion? I'd bet that they generated 55 billion by few clicks Cheesy

Do your research, that 55B is part of the total cap, and the company disclosed the 55B was going into escrow long ago.  

What would I do if BTC increased circulating supply?  Nothing.  I won't touch BTC.  I like to know about what I am spending my money on.  I have asked myself, who created bitcoin?  For what reason?  Why are they keeping their identity a secret?  There's a lot I don't know about bitcoin, and the creator(s) want it that way for a reason.  My assumption is that it wasn't created to generously make other people rich, create a global currency, etc.  
WasTriffin

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:11:33 PM

Thanks for the info.

This means we have an inflation of about 2.6 percent/month. 31 percent/year.  This is huge.

This is huge ..

Hardly ..
Try pricing XRP based on total supply ..
The distribution scheme for the remaining XRP has been widely KNOWN for months now ..
No secrets here ..
Ripple Labs has been very transparent for anyone that bothers to do some DD ie "due diligence"  ..

WasTriffin ..

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:13:47 PM

Ripple is a good altcoin...
And for supply, i think that is will be increase after week 1 Jan 2018

I agree. I think Ripple is one of those strong and reliable coins around the market. It may not be as strong as Eth, but it is in that rank as coins like Waves, LTC, and others that are more reliable to invest on rather than gunning for new ones that has not proven their worth just yet. By doing this, it also gives hope to altcoin holders that some developers may follow in making their altcoins increase in value despite the negativity surrounding altcoins at the moment.

mcfit84 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:29:20 PM

My dream is that anytime the dollar printing is gone and replaced by a decentralized currency.

Ripple replaces the dollar printing by XRP printing. Centralized. The bangsters love the printing of
currencies.

For this reason I will stay on decentralized currencies.
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:34:07 PM

XRP is a good long term hold,i dont care if it will fall or increase look at the future it offers,ethereum is now the 3rd cryptoccurency in market.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:40:58 PM

Is that right? They will just grow circulation supply, but it doesn't mean that those tokens doesn't count now, they are. It will not drop the price. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
mcfit84 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:45:23 PM

Is that right? They will just grow circulation supply, but it doesn't mean that those tokens doesn't count now, they are. It will not drop the price. Correct me if I'm wrong.
They are printing new XRP coins each month. (About 2.6 percent/month inflation)
The existing coins are always valid. But each coin has influation, because each month new coins are printed.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 06:45:55 PM

Ripple is useless.
The platform itself is used by banks, but the actual coin itself, no uses at all.
It has gained a bit of traction because some exchanges have started allowing you to purchase xrp with fiat and vice versa.

It's kind of like eth, the tokens themselves don't really have a use, everyone just wants to use the platform.
But now, eth has become so widely accepted that you can buy a huge variety of coins with it and can liquidate it very easily.

I don't see xrp ever doing this.
The recent pump wasn't exclusive to xrp, coins all over the board were pumping hard.
Now, it only has perceived value as noobs coming in to crypto think it's a better deal because it's a lower price.

Yeah, that just isn't sustainable.

Ha8ni

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:47:07 PM

How would this effect the price ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: