Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:09:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up small mining op VPN question...  (Read 230 times)
Akismithy (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:42:14 PM

Some friends and I are getting ready to setup our mining farm and I had a few questions..

We are starting at about 50-100 S9s and will eventually ramp up to 500. Currently trying to determine the VPN. We will mist likely get a bunch of used 48 port Cisco 3750g switches and I wanted to be able to remotely manage the miners. Originally I was thinking of just putting a PC locally and using TV or chrome Remote Desktop to control but thought a dedicated VPN might be better more reliable solution. Unfortunately I don’t know a lot about VPNs and was wondering if Any of you used something similar to a D-Link dsr 250n? Do I need a separate service like express vpn or ipvanish or is that all built into the D-Link VPN router? Any better recommendations?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:43:31 PM

You can setup something like PiVPN pretty easily: http://www.pivpn.io/

Most of the VPN routers just have an implementation of OpenVPN, which works just fine.
Akismithy (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:16:32 PM

So for example the Asus RT-AC86U router... it has built in openvpn. Does that mean I just need to configure the router and put a openvpn client on the pc I want to remote manage? No need for separate service like ipvanish?
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 08:21:16 PM

There's a lot of ways to do this, but if you're going to use a router that supports OpenVPN you configure the router to receive OpenVPN connections and then you put the OpenVPN client on the device you want to manage the miners from, like your phone or office PC.

big al

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:15:17 AM

They can be difficult to set up. I did it with a DDWRT flashed router. I would suggest openvpn. Also talk to your cell provider some do not support VPN connections or charge extra.
joktel

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:30:48 AM

you can have a look at the cloud mining monitor of awesomeminer.com
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 04:52:46 AM

you can have a look at the cloud mining monitor of awesomeminer.com

That's true, but it carries an extra cost, whereas OpenVPN does not.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: