Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:34:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover android phone for wallet file  (Read 107 times)
dandyret (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:51:59 PM

Is there any software out there that can find a wallet.dat file on a android phone? I wiped it and forgot about the wallet there. There might be alot of money on this wallet, and if it gets opened with your help I will pay for the service.

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards
Dan
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:06:22 PM

ftp://
Is there any software out there that can find a wallet.dat file on a android phone? I wiped it and forgot about the wallet there. There might be alot of money on this wallet, and if it gets opened with your help I will pay for the service.

Kind regards
Dan

You backed up the wallet, right?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:23:42 PM

Kind regards
Dan

If you have a back up for the android phone you could try to flash that backup on to another phone. It will basically be like your old phone at the old state in a newer phone. Otherwise you're going to have to look for a wallet data backup somewhere. If you can't find either of those, maybe try to find your private key or something because besides those two options, I doubt you'll be able to get your money back.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

Kind regards
Dan

If you have a back up for the android phone you could try to flash that backup on to another phone. It will basically be like your old phone at the old state in a newer phone. Otherwise you're going to have to look for a wallet data backup somewhere. If you can't find either of those, maybe try to find your private key or something because besides those two options, I doubt you'll be able to get your money back.

That doesn't work that way.If you try to flash an incompatible firmware on a different phone, that would either leave you to a paperweight or a bootlooped device. In order to flash a backup of the phone to a new device, it needs to be of the same model otherwise no data could be salvaged.

The only thing I can think of is to connect your phone to a clean PC and install some recovery tools especially made for phones. If it's saved on an external SD card then you're lucky since there are plenty of backup tools for that. If it's in the phone's memory, the best free software you can use is EaseUS Recovery, though I doubt that you can salvage more than pictures since you need to pay for subscription in order to recover all types of files on a formatted phone.
dandyret (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:55:25 PM

Kind regards
Dan

That doesn't work that way.If you try to flash an incompatible firmware on a different phone, that would either leave you to a paperweight or a bootlooped device. In order to flash a backup of the phone to a new device, it needs to be of the same model otherwise no data could be salvaged.

The only thing I can think of is to connect your phone to a clean PC and install some recovery tools especially made for phones. If it's saved on an external SD card then you're lucky since there are plenty of backup tools for that. If it's in the phone's memory, the best free software you can use is EaseUS Recovery, though I doubt that you can salvage more than pictures since you need to pay for subscription in order to recover all types of files on a formatted phone.

So what youre saying is if I get the full version I can recover all file types? I could not find android recovery software that could do that. I have no backup. I was stupid and lend my old phone out and it got wiped.
dandyret (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:21:08 PM

I can't find a android recovery tool that will allow me to recover all file types. I need the wallet.dat recovered
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:24:31 PM

So what youre saying is if I get the full version I can recover all file types? I could not find android recovery software that could do that. I have no backup. I was stupid and lend my old phone out and it got wiped.

For the EaseUS recovery, that I cannot assure since the only files that I recovered so far in the pro version are some of the old .docs and pictures that I wanted to recover on my phone. On the SD card, everything else was read and can be recovered, though some files have the integrity of their data stained (idk how you say it) thus cannot be fully recovered. Just get the trial version first and see whether it gives you the option to scan for all deleted files and maybe you can come up with something good.
budongski25

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:30:34 PM

If you believe you sync that device with one of your cloud storage, there's a possibility you can retrieve it. PC recovery tools I think it only work on removable storage.
dandyret (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:44:06 PM

If you believe you sync that device with one of your cloud storage, there's a possibility you can retrieve it. PC recovery tools I think it only work on removable storage.

I didn't.

I will try the EaseUS trial now, thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: