Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Byteball's Marketing Fund. Make your contribution to the development of Byteball  (Read 377 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16618

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 09:09:00 AM

At the moment, LoyceV agreed to keep the fund's money. I see no objection to appointing LoyceV to this post. Therefore, we decided to appoint him. Now we only need to discuss the remaining questions. For our part, we are ready to give him 1% out of 5% of the fund's money for his working, that consisting in checking the expediency of spending. This value can be increased up to 2%, depending on his participation in the project.  You can find more details about spending 5% of the funds in the topic header.
I think you misunderstood me:
I suggest a 2 out of 4 multisig escrow, for instance
I don't want to be the sole fund keeper. The reasons to use a 2 out of 4 multisig are:
1. No single person has access to the funds on his own
2. No single person can lose the funds by getting his wallet compromised or losing access to his wallet completely

With only one fund keeper, both points are at risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lann (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:37:13 PM

You are right, I misunderstood you. Now your idea looks much better. Then we need to invite two more reliable people to the project. I will make this suggestion to the community of Slack. May be you can suggest more names?
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 11:09:40 PM

All the money that will be received on our own wallets:
Byteball - E7E3UDNDTGBRTLN63DXJF7EXIXVQYTM2
Bitcoin - 33FJvNxyc5p5M76prfHcWeq4aEoWMMkhEH
will be transferred to the trustee of the fund in escrow.

Please don't do this, and instead have the BTC/Byteball go directly to the escrow address. Ascendancy, a scam ICO that happened a few months ago did this, and things went badly. The ICO used an escrow, but funds were kept in the ICO's addresses and then moved to the escrow every 8 hours. This didn't happen when they decided to run, stealing ~4 BTC in funds.

No one wants a repeat of that.

You are right, I misunderstood you. Now your idea looks much better. Then we need to invite two more reliable people to the project. I will make this suggestion to the community of Slack. May be you can suggest more names?

|
         V
I suggest a 2 out of 4 multisig escrow, for instance (if they're willing to cooperate) handled by:
CryptKeeper
Michail1
me - LoyceV
[add more]

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Lann (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:52:23 PM

We will create a wallet 3 out of 4 multisig escrow with trusted persons of Byteball. LoyceV agreed to be a one of the four multisig escrow keepers. We need two more people, to enhance the security of funds and start working. At the moment wallet's address is solely in our possession, but as soon as there will be people that are ready to cooperate, a new wallet will be created and all collected funds will be transferred to it.
We propose to choose these people to the community. Anyone can join our project and to control and to help in the distribute the funds. On condition that the community won't mind your assignment.
As you know, 5% of received funds will be a reward for the work on the project. For the other 3 participants of multisig escrow, we can provide 1% of the fund's resources for their working which consists in finding reviewers, advertisers, shops for receiving Byteball and in checking the appropriateness of expenses. Or they can only check the appropriateness of expenditures without remuneration.
We want as many people as possible know about Byteball. Express your desire, join us and make this a reality!
rty

Activity: 558
Merit: 57

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:34:09 PM

We will create a wallet 3 out of 4 multisig escrow with trusted persons of Byteball. LoyceV agreed to be a one of the four multisig escrow keepers. We need two more people, to enhance the security of funds and start working. At the moment wallet's address is solely in our possession, but as soon as there will be people that are ready to cooperate, a new wallet will be created and all collected funds will be transferred to it.
We propose to choose these people to the community. Anyone can join our project and to control and to help in the distribute the funds. On condition that the community won't mind your assignment.
As you know, 5% of received funds will be a reward for the work on the project. For the other 3 participants of multisig escrow, we can provide 1% of the fund's resources for their working which consists in finding reviewers, advertisers, shops for receiving Byteball and in checking the appropriateness of expenses. Or they can only check the appropriateness of expenditures without remuneration.
We want as many people as possible know about Byteball. Express your desire, join us and make this a reality!

How is the development of the project "Byteball's Marketing Fund" going on now?
Need to find a way to make this work out for everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: