Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:04:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 is Bitcoin Year and 2018 will be Ethereum Year  (Read 426 times)
abaidudez (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:29:46 PM

Read news about BTCitcoin and ethereum. Which is indeed fact that 2017 is the year for Bitcoin. Is Bitcoin stopping here already? Or still on its way to $100,000? I just hope that. But I love ETH to go up more also. And I think it will be a year for both BTCitcoin and etherem.
 https://www.coindesk.com/2017-bitcoins-year-2018-will-ethereums/  Smiley

Need more idea. Any thoughts about that?

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Icey47

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:30:38 PM

I am sure ETH will go up steadily but surely. Some alt coins might even catch up, but they won't be as stable.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:32:10 PM

Read news about BTCitcoin and ethereum. Which is indeed fact that 2017 is the year for Bitcoin. Is Bitcoin stopping here already? Or still on its way to $100,000? I just hope that. But I love ETH to go up more also. And I think it will be a year for both BTCitcoin and etherem.

To be honest, I think it's very likely that a lot of altcoins will find more value in 2018, but I don't think that necessarily means that bitcoin's price will plummet. I really liked the comparison to DOS/Windows & Mac OS in the article, but I don't think it's really well applied to this scenario. For the most part, people don't need to care how bitcoin works. They SHOULD, but it's becoming so widespread that people know the basics of it, and for their investment purposes, that's more than enough. 2018 could possibly be a year where people start learning more about cryptos and how they work in relation to technology.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1523

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 07:34:54 PM

ETH has just lost second place in market cap to XRP, after being there for a long time. So, I don’t know how things will be in 2018 but it doesn’t end 2017 in a promising way, as to say 2018 it will be "the" year for Ethereum.

abaidudez (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:35:57 PM

I am sure ETH will go up steadily but surely. Some alt coins might even catch up, but they won't be as stable.
So you agreed that 2018 will be ethereum's year? And Bitcoin will stay there in its current price movement? Or it will drop? What do you think the effect of ethereum to Bitcoin? If ETH will rise rapidly, what will happen to Bitcoin price?

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:38:53 PM

Bitcoin will not stop here, it still hasn't achieved the peak. There is pleanty of room for further rise and I beleive we can expect to get to 20000$ within the first month of 2018.
Regarding the ETH it will probably remain its "second best coin" position with great possibilities for further growth but I don't think it can catch bitcoin or make better development.

malaj
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:13:08 PM

Yea I guess thst can be quite true but I hope 2018 is the year of bitcoins and the other altcoins as well. Altcoins have a very good possibility to increase in their value asides bitcoin. And bitcoins high transaction fees can cause many people to shift to different altcoins.
abaidudez (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:55:18 AM

Bitcoin will not stop here, it still hasn't achieved the peak. There is pleanty of room for further rise and I beleive we can expect to get to 20000$ within the first month of 2018.
Regarding the ETH it will probably remain its "second best coin" position with great possibilities for further growth but I don't think it can catch bitcoin or make better development.?
I totally agree with your optimistic thoughts. Let's be positive and trust more on Bitcoin. It will not stop there. Far from their prediction. Some big names in crypto world  predict that it will hit $50,000 or more. I don't think CME bring Bitcoin in their list just for nothing? They know Bitcoin has potential to be greater than what it is today.
I also agree with you on your thoughts about Ethereum that it will remain in the 2nd spot and I'm sure Ethereum price will move up more to maintain its spot.

Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:23:28 AM

Both Ethereum and Bitcoin's year in 2018. Bitcoin is predicted to go up to $60,000 by next year and also Ethereum's price will increase by next year.
Studying the facts, Bitcoin's price will still be higher than ethereum.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:26:15 AM

But I love ETH to go up more also.
Why? Its just token for programmers, with no real use other than virtual cats, first real usage case Tongue.
Even Vitalik in interview sayed ETH purpose will yet to be determined.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:11:45 AM

What do you mean? If you look at the growth in price this was ETH year, at the beginning of the year ETH was 0.008BTC and about 8 dollars and now it is 0.05BTC and above 700 dollars, if anything this was the year of ETH and not the year of bitcoin and there was  point in the year where ETH was 0.15BTC so if you had invested in ETH at the beginning of the year you would have made more money with it than with bitcoin.
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:19:35 AM

But I love ETH to go up more also.
Why? Its just token for programmers, with no real use other than virtual cats, first real usage case Tongue.
Even Vitalik in interview sayed ETH purpose will yet to be determined.

I think it will still be bitcoin to dominate in 2018 and followed by ethereum which is 2nd in the ranking. With respect to the current market value of bitcoin in comparison with the ethereum currency, it's way beyond comparing both currencies. Ethereum price per dollar had swing back and forth in the run up during the last quarter of the year.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:21:45 AM

To be honest, I think it's very likely that a lot of altcoins will find more value in 2018, but I don't think that necessarily means that bitcoin's price will plummet. I really liked the comparison to DOS/Windows & Mac OS in the article, but I don't think it's really well applied to this scenario. For the most part, people don't need to care how bitcoin works. They SHOULD, but it's becoming so widespread that people know the basics of it, and for their investment purposes, that's more than enough. 2018 could possibly be a year where people start learning more about cryptos and how they work in relation to technology.

I somehow agree and disagree. I think that bitcoin would still climb up and any year will still be its year. It has all the ingredients to succeed and all the capacity to do so as well. However, I also believe that altcoins would have the formula to counteract any negative effects brought about by the bitcoin increase in price, I mean, I can't stay that way forever. I think many developers now are devising ways to pump up the value of their altcoins, which could help them gain traction by the coming years.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
rube08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:55:32 AM

It seems like bitcoin is calming down a lot and other altcoins are starting to rise up and catch up to bitcoin.  Take a look at ripple, I would have never thought that it will reach 100 billion dollar marketcap but here we are.  Ethereum also is steadily climbing while bitcoin is declining.  I believe if bitcoin doesn't fix its transaction backlog and fees, it will lose its top spot.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:02:33 AM

Captain hard fork and his infinite supply shitcoin crew and their infinite wisdom have decided that if the cryptocurrency community doesn't grow up he's leaving. Good luck with that shitcoin. Obviously the guy with the God complex leaving will make it come crashing down since no one wants the helm of that shitshow. Bitcoin will be going up even more in 2018. You just watch eth go stagnant for another loooong period of time then it'll drop like a rock and all the shitty worthless ERC20 tokens will too. Good luck with that.
soulripper

Activity: 381

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:04:47 AM

Im also like ethereum. i think atleast ethereum will reach 1k$ for the next year is confirm to me. i can see the bright future for ethereum base on what i judge on.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:11:05 AM

2018 will be the year of ethereum and other altcoins. I believe that the upcoming innovation of blockchain technology and entering of Japan at the same time the spread of cryptocurrency in the whole world will bring a triumph to crypto world. I believe that bitcoin also will pump by next year and it can attain $50k at the end of 2018.
Boojapho

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:12:35 AM

In 2017, Bitcoin went up ~1000%.  Ethereum went up ~8000%.   I don't agree that 2017 was Bitcoin's year.

Bitcoin has limited upside utility in the business world.  Ethereum on the other hand is pulling in demand from its smart contracts.  When Casper is finally out for Ethereum in 2018, that will bump the price significantly.  But, Ethereum has a scaleability issue it needs to resolve before it can compete for dominance.  And, as mentioned, the Ethereum founder needs to grow up instead of throwing a hissy fit over internet immaturity.  The internet is full of childish antics and always will be.  Get over it.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:18:04 AM

That's one of my plays this year.   Betting xxxK of btc profits that eth will have a great year.   If not, no biggie, some of that 'btc profit' is converted 'free money' bch any way.

sent from my X6
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:19:56 AM

In 2017, Bitcoin went up ~1000%.  Ethereum went up ~8000%.   I don't agree that 2017 was Bitcoin's year.

Bitcoin has limited upside utility in the business world.  Ethereum on the other hand is pulling in demand from its smart contracts.  When Casper is finally out for Ethereum in 2018, that will bump the price significantly.  But, Ethereum has a scaleability issue it needs to resolve before it can compete for dominance.  And, as mentioned, the Ethereum founder needs to grow up instead of throwing a hissy fit over internet immaturity.  The internet is full of childish antics and always will be.  Get over it.

I agree to you Ethereum are rise up more than bitcoin but the difference between two bitcoin price are so high compare to ethereum but in terms of demand ethereum are high and high.
In the year 2018 there will be some big event happen or ever inovation in some good altcoin like ethereum, eos , litecoin and ripple.
Im sure that there will be some pump up happen in ethereum, ripple, and monero.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: