Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teamviewer Issue  (Read 1534 times)
blazin8s (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:55:28 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 12:56:01 AM by blazin8s

Everytime I exit teamviewer from my main machine all the other machines that I was controlling either shut down or stop mining.

How do you prevent this?

Also the network speed within teamviewer is laggy.  I'm running all current generation gear and I get 1.88MBps network connection. My regular Internet connection is faster than that.  Mining rigs are using SSDs and 15ft cat6 cables.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:04:23 PM

What OS is on your main machine and mining machines?

I've been using teamviewer for years on winxp, 7, 8, and osx and never have seen this issue.

I'm actually wondering if it has anything to do with Teamviewer at all - perhaps the mining machines are just going into some sort of 'stand-by' mode when no mouse activity is occurring.
blazin8s (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:05:36 PM

OS on the mining machines is Win8x64.  My main machine is Win7x64

Also it happens immediately as soon as I exit/close the main machine.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:16:30 PM

change power plan to "high performance"; set "turn off display" and "put the computer to sleep" to never. or just use a terminal connection + dummy plug.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
blazin8s (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:37:29 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 12:57:43 AM by blazin8s

Ahh good call, I forgot to set the power & display settings on the mining machines.  Hopefully that does it, that would be fantastic.  Cheesy  I will have to check later tonight.

Yeah right now I'm just using network cables and dummy plugs.  It's kind of a headache when this happens since I can't see what's going on until windows loads & sometimes windows gives you that computer error screen after a bad shutdown were you have to hit ok before it will even load, therefore not loading at all until I plug in a keyboard and monitor to see what's going on.  I ordered a kvm switch that should be here shortly that I'll use as needed too.

Also, any idea on the slow network transfers?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:28:41 PM

Ahh good call, I forgot to set the power & display settings on the mining machines.  Hopefully that does it, that would be fantastic.  Cheesy  I will have to check later tonight.

Yeah right now I'm just using network cables and dummy plugs.  It's kind of a headache when this happens since I can't see what's going on until windows loads & sometimes windows gives you that computer error screen after a bad shutdown were you have to hit ok before it will even load, therefore not loading at all until I plug in a keyboard and monitor to see what's going on.  I ordered a kvm switch that should be here shortly that I'll use as needed too.
The cheapest option would be to use a terminal connection (ssh or telnet) along with cgminer. No expensive hardware required, plus you have full control. The graphics card won't need to render anything either, potentially squeezing a few MH/s.

Also, any idea on the slow network transfers?
It's probably your router. Run a few speedtests with ftp or http to see if the link is slow or just the teamviewer server.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:31:34 PM

What about port forwarding setttings? UDP is used for fastest connection speed, but it might be unable to connect and is using TCP instead.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
blazin8s (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:50:15 AM

The slow speed is just within teamviewer.  My regular internet download speed is about 3 times as fast using speedtest.net on my main machine, also hooked up to the same router.  

The mining machines are still stopping whenever I exit the main machine.  It's not always a big deal since I just leave it on all the time, but you know how it is sometimes unrelated issues arise/etc and the main machine has to be shut down, then all the miners on the other machines stop.  It's incredibly annoying because I don't have the easiest access to get to them.  All power settings are adjusted on those machines so nothing shuts off, monitor, hdds, sleep, etc.  Now when the machine shuts down the other machines stay on but they just stop mining.  Any other ideas what might be wrong?

I like the ssh/telnet idea, can you do that within windows though?  Teamviewer seems to be a pain in the ass for this purpose, Windows is also a pain in the ass.  I plan to do the switch to linux eventually, but right now I just need to be able to control these machines successfully.

What would be ideal is a single command window where I can control all the other machines simultaneously without having to go into each one separately over and over again.

What do you guys think
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:22:24 AM

Don't use Teamviewer.  I use Logmein or VNC.  Logmein is brilliant, and free.  Works in any browser, and does a great job of resizing the screen (my home PC runs at 1080p and I can control it no problems on a 1300x768 laptop screen).
Zemou

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:48:21 AM

I've got the same issue with Teamviewer. The ATI driver often crash when I launch it while the CGminer is mining (no issues when CGminer is not mining). Often happens when I close the connection and sometimes when I connect to the rig.
Even with "High Performance" and all standby options off.

I'll try Logmein.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: