Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wrong id was given when buying btc now its just sitting in blockchain?  (Read 682 times)
toke 100 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:37:34 AM

today i got btc from a vendor but i gave him an old id wallet   by accident and refreshed it for a new one and forgot payment was made in to my account and then it vanished i then contacted  btc vendor and he said its still in blockchain?
but i cant retrieve it due to new address can i change address at blockchain?   or is it unretrivable ? need help with this one !
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:46:56 AM

What wallet are you using?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:27:35 AM

today i got btc from a vendor but i gave him an old id wallet   by accident and refreshed it for a new one and forgot payment was made in to my account and then it vanished i then contacted  btc vendor and he said its still in blockchain?
but i cant retrieve it due to new address can i change address at blockchain?   or is it unretrivable ? need help with this one !
Your description assumes that we know what you're talking about. But we have no idea. What is an "old id wallet"? What "account" are you talking about? What is the "it" that vanished?

The short answer is this: If you have, or have access to, the private key associated with the Bitcoin address the funds were sent to, then you can access those funds. Otherwise, they're lost.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:01:54 AM

Ok, lets start with a simple question.  There are nearly a dozen commenly used wallets, and each behaves a bit differently.  Without knowing which one you are using, it is difficult to give useful advice.  So, what wallet are you using?

Bitcoin-QT?
Electrum?
MultiBit?
Armory?
https://blockchain.info/wallet?
Coinbase?
MtGox?
CampBX?
localbitcoins.com?
BTC-e?
Silk Road?
Something else?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:06:43 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 02:22:45 AM by escrow.ms

It was

Right OP?
-Mk23-

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:27:19 AM

Lol @ that picture.  I think you may be out of luck. If you can't access the id  that controlls your wallet because its so long and random ie blockchain id's, that u can't remember it, then you can't send the coins in its address. No one can.
   -Copy and paste- it saves lives.

Other wise it may just take a moment to confirm
dondon

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:49:02 AM

Sounds like it could be gone, hope you didn't lose too much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: