Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is this guy, who is already being investigated by his home state, breaking the law?
Yes, he is absolutely breaking federal law - 0 (0%)
Yes, he is continuing to break state law - 1 (14.3%)
Yes, he is intenting to break state laws - 0 (0%)
No, he is squeeky clean - 6 (85.7%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is FastCash4Bitcoins.com breaking the law?  (Read 1449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Viceroy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:50:10 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 12:15:11 AM by Viceroy

So this guy started a website called FastCash4Btcoins.com.  It was a good idea and he gathered quite a following.  Then when the Federal Government (FinCEN) came out with their guidance he did the right thing and he filed to become an MSB.  Only he never bothered finishing the filing process in his home state and they forced him to shut down.  

So he shut down.  

But now before he hears back from his state regulators he is deliberating starting up operations again under a new corporate name and in a new state and even a new country.

Here's his post from August 1:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224057.msg2848889#msg2848889

Update 08/01/2013

It has been more than thirty days since we provided a response to the Commonwealth of Virginia with corrections to errors made by the commission and the legal analysis on why our activity falls outside the scope scope of "transmission" set by Virginia statute. As of today, we have not received an official response confirming or refuting our conclusions.  The lack of a response make it impossible to resume operations within the state in a prudent manner.  Doing so would put the company's assets and shareholder's equity at risk to potential fines and civil action.  

[]

The lack of clarification from regulators in Virginia, has forced management to relocate the company outside the jurisdiction of those regulators....

[]

Thank You,

Gerald Davis
Director & Chairman
Tangible Cryptography, LLC

When I tried to ask the following question he removed my post:

Update 08/01/2013

Initially clients who are residents of the states of Virginia, California, and New York, as well as residents of the country of Thailand, will be blocked from selling Bitcoins.

Will people in these locations also be barred from buying bitcoins?

Yes.  We will be not engage in any transaction (purchase or sale) with residents of restricted locations.

You said you are rescinding the MSB, does this mean you will no longer be offering any services to Americans?  Or are you filing a new one and only offering service to people in south carolina?

I suspect greed has gotten the better of common sense in this one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:27:04 AM

what's wrong with a workaround

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 09:24:00 PM

Are you really posting yet ANOTHER thread on this? Why can't you just ocntinue to use the thread you already started...?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:09:40 AM

That thread was erased when the site shut down.
Kempelen

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:49:24 AM

Snitches get stitches.

Or so I've heard.
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:04:33 PM

Viceroy, stop being such a dick and mind your own business.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:14:09 PM

Do you have an axe to grind? Honest question.
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:34:35 PM

No, I do not have an axe to grind.  I am questioning all exchanges/traders/ponzi-like unregulated things.  My question is honest, is he breaking the law or not?

FWIW I like that D&T registered as an MSB.  I believe the only way for bitcoin to thrive is for all merchants to be transparent, honest and regulated as required by their respective government. 

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:09:39 AM

I believe the only way for bitcoin to thrive is for all merchants to be transparent, honest and regulated as required by their respective government.
Spock disagrees.
raoulbtc

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:22:18 AM

No, I do not have an axe to grind.  I am questioning all exchanges/traders/ponzi-like unregulated things.  My question is honest, is he breaking the law or not?

FWIW I like that D&T registered as an MSB.  I believe the only way for bitcoin to thrive is for all merchants to be transparent, honest and regulated as required by their respective government. 

You are "
...questioning all exchanges/traders/ponzi-like unregulated things.
"Huh??

Tying your fucking shoes is unregulated too you ninnying pansy.
He's not hurting anyone and he's not causing harm to anyone's person or property therefore he's not "breaking the law".
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:23:59 AM

I will point out that at the moment your opinion is diametrically opposed to the only opinion that counts right now... the opinion of the Commonwealth of Virginia who appears to be trying to determine if D&T broke the law or not. 

It's fantastic that you have an opinion. Thank you for sharing. 
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:28:01 PM

No, I do not have an axe to grind.  I am questioning all exchanges/traders/ponzi-like unregulated things.  My question is honest, is he breaking the law or not?

FWIW I like that D&T registered as an MSB.  I believe the only way for bitcoin to thrive is for all merchants to be transparent, honest and regulated as required by their respective government.  

A question for you sir.

Do you have an outstanding issue or problem with FC4B ?
raoulbtc

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:27:46 PM

It's fantastic that you have an opinion. Thank you for sharing. 

That is not my "opinion" by any stretch of the imagination.  Your normalcy bias and attempts at dominating the narrative here by classifying things as "legal" and "illegal" are falling on deaf ears.  Who exactly is paying you to extract "opinions" in this forum?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:35:23 PM

I hope he does reopen and it is shown that he is compliant because personally I want a legit, honest place to exchange (not to trade because I do not trade, but just to exchange).   He actually has some of the more economically sound posts on here and seems thoughtful.    I am not sure why VR has such a large bug up his ass for him.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: